cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

An Update on Wider Rollout

I am currently a Pro Founder living in the UK, but due to various circumstances will be moving to Australia in the future.

The lack of information or any kind of roadmap as to when Stadia might be launching in other territories makes it very hard to commit to the platform. I've already bought a number of games outright and had planned to buy more (Avenger, Cyberpunk and Watchdogs were at the top of my list) but given that it looks likely I'll lose access to the games when I move, I'm starting to look back to traditional consoles.

I understand exact dates would be impossible to give, but some indication that a broader release is coming would be incredibly reassuring, particularly on the eve of the next console generation.

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I completely understand your trepidation... but I don't think there's any way that we'll get new information about new markets outside of a sudden official press release about that so I would operate on the assumption that it may be some time before it appears in Australia officially to avoid disappointment.

Good luck with your move, I've always heard Australia is a beautiful place but I've never been.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for you reply. I'm already working on the assumption that an Australian launch is a while off, my post was more to point out that the lack of information would be impacting adoption of Stadia. I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position (Have seen similar posts on Reddit) and it would be something for the Stadia team to think about. Particularly just before the release of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. I was fully prepared to go all in on Stadia, but now I'm looking at getting a PS5 (since I can take that with me and continue to play and buy new games in Australia), and if that happens, it makes less sense to continue to use Stadia.

0 Kudos