cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

4K Odyssey not smooth?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I bought the premiere edition of Stadia after trying it through my PC via Chromecast. 1080p has worked perfectly for me on my 60Mbps connection. However since getting the premiere edition and trying to play Odyssey on my 4K HDR TV with 5.1 I get a lot of hitching that isn’t on 1080p. 

I have a ASUS AC86U and the Chromecast is wired into my Ethernet via a switch. I have tried various QOS types available on the router, Cake, FlexQOS and QOS turned off. I’ve made sure that there is nothing else accessing the router at the same time but still the hitches remain. The connection status remains excellent throughout but I still see the hitches at 4K. 

I have rebooted the Chromecast and router, I have a steady 60Mbps connection, is this not enough for stable 4K HDR 5.1?

Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Fixed by using 5Ghz WiFi, I read other people had success using WiFi over Ethernet, IT fixed my issue and 4K was as smooth as can be. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Member

Fixed by using 5Ghz WiFi, I read other people had success using WiFi over Ethernet, IT fixed my issue and 4K was as smooth as can be. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

ahh that makes sense! I am glad you fixed it on your own.

Was realising that for me Assassin's Creed Odysseus was always smooth so far in 4K, but now that you actually mention it, I am also connected with Cable (Ethernet?) to my router so yeah that might be why.

0 Kudos