cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

$30 off Promo

Jump to solution

@StadiaTeam I bought my Stadia on 3/16. Now on 3/20 it's advertised as $30 off. Will you honor a refund for the price difference?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia returns policy directs you to https://support.google.com/store/answer/2411741?hl=en-GB for the controller and/or ccu returns policy (hardware)

You have 15 days to return without reason. So if you want the $30 discount just order a new set and return your current one for full refund.

Cant say I’d bother for $30 but there is a solution which will work if you want it.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Saif I am with you,  bought mine last week, and the very next day I see. the chromecast ultra promo and now the $30 off...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Saif @jayo2k :

I would be very surprised if Google did, it isn't the usual way that promotions work.  But there is no harm in asking here, they might be flexible. 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Asking the Stadia team isn't going to get you anywhere. It's a Google STore sale, not a Stadia sale. Reach out to Customer Service at the Google Store and ask them, you MIGHT get lucky. With that said... any store on the internet can sell something one day and have a sale the next day, so don't get your hopes up. But you never know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

feel ya men, thats unfortunately.

But pls keep in mind, that this could happening to anything you buy. Buying one thing, which is discounted in the next moment isn't an unusual appearence but unlucky.

You can contact them, maybe they can refund you the difference but don't bet on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The most likely way would be return your stadia for full refund. Buy again at the lower price. Normally works as you’d be in your statutory return period (at least in Europe, not sure with USA).

0 Kudos
Community Member

That happens, went and bought an Xbox S digital only for £200 last October by midway through it was reduced in price universally to £130, I got £70 back for it selling to the same shop, sucks but its at the discretion of retailer to refund, I think google probably would or at very least give you 30 credit to spend on google stadia games or any other google product because they need to keep us stadia players happy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH i would gladly get a credit. I mean stadia is the first thing that I do not really mind spending money on because I just love the innovation. So I won't mind "supporting then" but purchasing from them... This is the reason I bought stadia last week

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@jayo2k contact stadia live support I dealt with them twice they were so easy and willing to help, can imagine you would have it dealt with in minutes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I just got the email from Google, and the chances are slim for any kind of discount if you already bought it. It's a one day sale. The email says:

"Stadia Premiere Edition is $99. For now.

And by "now" we mean, right now. Deal ends 3/21."

So it sounds like it's just a 1 day thing, and I doubt they're going to do any retroactive discounts. But like everyone has said, you can try. This can happen with any product though.

0 Kudos