Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on setting up Stadia successfully

Community Manager
Community Manager
20 36 73.1K

Hi there Stadia Community, 

Are you having trouble setting up your Chromecast? Issues setting up and connecting your Stadia Controller  to the Chromecast? Take a look at the help center articles below for detailed instructions on various topics:

1. Pro tips on getting your home Stadia ready
  2. Redeeming a Stadia code (Founder’s Edition invite code, Premiere Edition invite code, and Stadia Buddy Pass)
  3. Stadia Controller status lights
  4. Setup your Chromecast device
  5. Set up your Stadia Controller
  6. Adding Your Stadia Account to Chromecast

Still need help setting up Stadia? Create a new topic in the Stadia Community Forum and receive help from community members and the Stadia team. 

Cheers, 

Grace and the Stadia team

36 Comments
Community Member
Graaaaacceee.... 32 minutes past and no activation code. What gives?
Community Member
How are we supposed to set up without a launch code even tho we pre-ordered 20 minutes into the release?
Community Member
How are we supposed to set our accounts up without a launch code even though we pre-ordered the day it was released?
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle I have my stadia founders day edition, so why don't I have my invite code?
Community Member

WHy can't I see comments?

Community Member

I have my controller but not my code, hour 26 

Community Member
I'm due to receive my Stadia founders edition tomorrow, but still haven't received my Stadia code. Is there any way to know when I'll be sent it?
Community Member

I have received my Founders Edition Stadia but no access code. 

please advise 

Community Member
What controllers are used with Just Dance? The software price is pretty high, so I'd want to know before buying.
Community Member

What controllers are used with Just Dance? The software price is pretty high, so I'd want to know before buying.

Community Member

After connecting my chrome cast ultra from my founder's edition, my phone immediately says that the two aren't on the same wifi and I can do anything to the screen from my phone. I have been able to link the controller to the screen and it brings me to a page that says I need to add my stadia account to the chrome cast, however, no devices show up on the stadia app so there is no option to connect. Also, no buttons on the controller can take be to any other screen. HELP.

Community Member

I can't get stadia controller to connect to phone to update it. Stuck at blinking orange 😕

Community Member

Stuck on blinking orange light, can't connect to my phone in the stadia app so i can update it 😕

Community Member

Hi , how are people getting on with the stadia ?

Community Member
All setup and working last night so far all great 😁👍❤️Google❤️
Community Member

Why can't I see other people's comments?

Deleted User
Not applicable
Any idea when the invite codes will be released. I've plugged in my hardware and am ready to go but am unable to connect my controller as I don't appear to have received an invite code!
Community Member
I haven't received my Stadia code.
Community Member
I can't link to my screen. I reconnected wifi to both chromecast and controller and it still won't link.
Community Member
Why package the controller with a USB A to C wire and charger? I would like to connect my Pixel 3 (USB c) to the controller, which is also USB C. Now I have to unplug my pixel charger wire to connect to the controller if I want to play on my phone.
Community Member
Any tips for getting your code emailed to you? That's about all I need to happen... This is ridiculous.
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle any tips on getting my stadia code emailed to me? 

Community Member

How to play on a Chromebook?

Community Member
Useless - No UK power supply shipped with devices. Can’t even power up. How do I get correct UK Adaptors Pay a premium to get founders edition - what happens to straight out the box technology 125 in the chat queue S
Community Member

No UK Power adaptor supplied - now what. Can’t do anything 

any ideas how how to get these guys to resolve this?

appreciated

Community Member

My controller is not connecting to the wifi. Is there any requierment for the controller, ie can it connect to a 2GHz wifi band ? Is there any debugging step we can look at ? 

All other device on my wifi network are working great, the chromecast devices are working. 

WIFI equipement : Unfi AP - WPA2 - 

thanks

Community Member

IMG_20191122_230724.jpg

I cannot link my Stadia Account to Chromecast.  I have followed the setup instructions exactly.  I have my Chromecast Ultra, my mobile device, and my Stadia controller all on the same wifi network (Google Wifi by the way).  Here is what happens:

- I have my controller linked to my wifi

- When I turn on Stadia from my controller, I get a screen that says:

"Use your phone to add an account" followed by "In the Stadia mobile app, tap your avatar and choose Add Account to Chromecast

After you're done, you'll be able to play on this TV just by turning on your Stadia Controller, no phone needed"

- I follow these instructions and it takes me to a google account authorization page where it asks me to select which google account I'd like to link the Stadia to.  I select the same account everything else i have is linked to.  I click "connect" 

- Now I get a screen on my mobile device that says "Adding you account..." with a spinning "wheel" that seems to show a process is happening.  But the problem is, it just keeps spinning and nothing happens.  

If I try to play a game on my Chromecast Ultra without completing the "add an account" process, the game starts and then I get a "fatal" error that requires me to restart Stadia. 

I have tried everything.  Rebooting my network, rebooting my device, factory restart of my Chromecast, uninstalling and re-downloading the Stadia app.  What am I supposed to do here?

Community Member
Im trying to play my game in my computer and when I run a speed test it says 38mbs. But it won't let me play. What's going on?
Community Member
Im having issues with my ultra. Every so often [of the order of minutes] the video and audio drops out for half a second. I've done the usual, turn it off and on again, factory reset, different hdmi port, wired and wifi connections. Any help would be appreciated.
Community Member

When is google assistant coming please 

Community Member
I haven't gotten my founders code yet.
Community Member

Most routers now a days also have QoS features. Quality of Service helps the router prioritise certain networks. I think this tip could help a lot of people get an even better Stadia experience. 

Community Member

Test

Community Member

Excellent!

Community Member
My bundle is on the way and is getting delivered today but I can't add the subscription in the app it keeps saying card declined I have added the card numbers times and the info is correct it's the same card I used to buy it. The card is fine there's nothing wrong in my part but for some reason it won't accept it. I've gone to pay.google.com and removed the card then updated it and it's no use
Community Member

I have a Founders Pack BUT IS STILL HAVE NO FOUNDERS CODE.

Please EMAIL me my code!!  There is NOWHERE that I can enter my email adress (provately) to tell you I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CODE.

PLEASE HELP ME!! (OR I guess I just send it back and wait for Xbox Xcloud)