cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Two ways to play

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
53 37 26.6K

We have some great news this week on Stadia, and it all starts with two ways to play games.

First way to play: Build a collection of games with Stadia Pro

There’s a collection of games ready to play right now on Stadia Pro, and you don’t have to buy anything to get started. We’re giving everyone new to Stadia two months of games with Stadia Pro for free, and we’ve already extended Stadia Pro for existing members for two months at no charge. If you haven’t tried out Stadia Pro yet, sign up at Stadia.com, get your two-month trial, and get playing.

The worldwide phenomenon PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is live right now as part of Stadia Pro, and you and your friends can play it on Stadia across compatible devices you already own without paying a cent. PUBG on Stadia includes the Pioneer Edition, with the base game, Survivor Pass: Cold Front, and the Stadia-exclusive Premiere Set of new Stadia-themed skins all rolled together into one. PUBG on Stadia also supports cross-play with consoles, so you can play with even more of your friends.

Claim PUBG on Stadia Pro today. If you’re already a Stadia Pro subscriber, you can drop straight in and start playing!

Three more games are headed to Pro in just a couple of days. On May 1, The Turing Test, Zombie Army 4: Dead War, and SteamWorld Heist are all ready to claim. That’s 12 games available to claim in May. Pick them up and keep growing your collection.

007b_Full May Pro games.png

Also, Thumper will no longer be available to claim on Stadia Pro after April 30. Grab it today and add it to your library while it’s still free. Remember, games that you’ve claimed with Pro remain yours to play while you maintain your subscription.

Second way to play: Buy games in the Stadia store

In addition to claiming free games with Stadia Pro, you can also purchase even more games in the Stadia store. The uniquely beautiful Octopath Traveler is a charming and critically acclaimed RPG from the folks at Square Enix. Get Packed is a zany, fiendishly challenging cooperative multiplayer game that is available First on Stadia, and you can buy both today in the Stadia store:

• Octopath Traveler for $59.99 USD
  • Get Packed for $19.99 USD

EA games coming to Stadia

As Stadia’s Phil Harrison revealed in the recent Stadia Connect: “We are bringing five games from Electronic Arts to Stadia as part of our partnership. It all starts with Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order™ coming this fall followed by EA SPORTS™ Madden NFL and FIFA. We are excited to bring these hugely popular franchises to our players on Stadia in 2020 and beyond. We’ll have more news to share about EA games on Stadia later this year.”

New Pro deals arrive

Stadia Pro subscribers enjoy special discounts when buying games on the Stadia store. Here are this week’s deals:

• New! PUBG - Badlands Leisure set free to claim with Stadia Pro
  • New! PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Chicken Dinner Upgrade Pack for $34.79 USD (42% off)
  • New! PUBG - 500 G-COINS for $3.99 USD (20% off)
  • New! PUBG - 1100 G-COINS for $8.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! PUBG - 2300 G-COINS for $17.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! PUBG - 6000 G-COINS for $39.99 USD (20% off)
  • New! PUBG - 13500 G-COINS for $84.99 USD (15% off)
  • New! PUBG - Military Uniform skin set for $8.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! PUBG - Ivory School Uniform skin set for $8.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! PUBG - Punk Destruction skin set for $8.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! PUBG - Jamila Textiles set for $3.99 USD (20% off)
  • New! Darksiders Genesis for $31.99 USD (20% off)
  • New! Final Fantasy XV for $20 USD (50% off)
  • New! Football Manager 2020 for $33.49 USD (33% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $19.80 USD (67% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Gold Edition for $33 USD (67% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Ultimate Edition for $39.6 USD (67% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Season Pass for $20 USD (50% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – VC Pack 1200 (+100) for $6.99 (30% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – VC Pack 2400 (+400) for $13.99 (30% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – VC Pack 4800 (+1000) for $27.99 (30% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – VC Pack 96000 (+2,400) for $55.99 (30% off)
  • New! Rage 2 for $30 USD (50% off)
  • New! Rage 2: Deluxe Edition for $40 USD (50% off)
  • New! Monopoly for $10 USD (75% off)
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood for $25.49 USD (15% off)
  • Metro Exodus for $20.00 USD (50% off)
  • Metro Exodus – Gold Edition for $29.25 USD (55% off)
  • Metro Exodus – The Two Colonels for $4.79 USD (40% off)
  • Metro Exodus – Sam’s Story for $14.39 USD (20% off)
  • The Division 2 – Standard Edition for $9.99 USD (67% off)
  • The Division 2 – Warlords of New York Expansion for $22.49 USD (25% off)
  • Division 2 – Warlords of New York Ultimate Edition for $47.99 USD (40% off)
  • The Division 2 – Warlords of New York Edition for $30.00 USD (50% off)
  • Just Dance 2020 for $25.00 USD (50% off)

New deals for everyone

Some games on sale for everyone on Stadia as well:

• New! Darksiders Genesis for $35.99 USD (10% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $30 USD (50% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Gold Edition for $50 USD (50% off)
  • New! Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Ultimate Edition for $60 USD (50% off)
  • New! Monopoly for $20 USD (50% off)
  • New! The Division 2 – Standard Edition for $15 USD (50% off)

Play Stadia on OnePlus phones

Stadia is now compatible with select OnePlus phones. Play games using Stadia on the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.

That’s this week’s big news. If you want more details, head to the latest Stadia Connect to check out game trailers and more details, and follow us on Twitter for even more updates the moment they arrive.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
37 Comments
Community Member

Nice!

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Can't wait to get killed over and over again in PUBG 🙂

Looking forward to Turing Test as well!

Community Member

Thanks for the update, it has been a great week!

Community Member

Thank u Stadia team it been amazing day yesterday wow this platform is getting better and better bro I'm so looking forward to the turning test and the other game on steam world hiest my collection is  complete for all the steam world games yay I'm glad they didn't do steam world dig to claim hahahah I'm so excited to play monopoly and just and beats

Community Member

Not the OnePlus 7T? I'm sad but at least it's getting out to more devices. 

Community Member

This has been a pretty good update. I'm excited for the future of Stadia. Definitely getting Star Wars when it's on Stadia.

Community Member

Will, get FFXV after may 1st payday so sweet deals though! 😄

Community Member

Why not both?  I collect Pro games and Buy games.

Community Member

@StadiaTeam 

It was good to see other members of your team share some of what they do at Stadia. Thank you for that.

Overall, it was a good connect. I am still waiting on some of those features we still need on the platform. But, cheers. Keep it up.

Community Member

Will we get sale on Assassins creed again anytime soon?

Community Member

Kommt vileicht auch  irgendwann fortnite raus bitte antworte

Community Member

Waiting for EA to share Plants Vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville with Stadia platform

Community Member

Great connect!  Last week I finally convinced my adult daughter to try Stadia and she is hooked! She is only a tiny bit upset that she paid full price for Final Fantasy, she loves that game! I just claimed PUBG! Looking forward to Star Wars! 

Thanks Stadia! 

Community Member

Thank you for the new free offerings. 
That said, it would be nice if you could make future freebies in PvP games less flashy. The new suit paints a bright red target on the player in the game. 

Community Member

Oneplus 7 when?

Community Member

One+7t pro here too, oh well, Just keep using the desktop mode for now 

Community Member

HOLY COW! ZOMBIE ARMY 4 COMING TO STADIA. WOOT!

Community Member

Great week for Stadia

Community Member

Hello, I have an internet connection with over 250 MB and cannot play PUBG smoothly. Constantly only lag or delays so that it is sometimes unplayable. In my opinion, this happens more and more especially when you play on the PC. BR

Community Member

HUAWEI PLEASE 😭😭

Community Member

Quando aggiungerete le nuove funzionalità annunciate? Dovevano uscire 120-150 giochi nel 2020, con questo ritmo ci vorranno 10 anni! Ci vogliono giochi tripla A! 

Community Member

And when is Elder Scrolls Online available? Please give me a date.

Community Member

Genial !! Poco a poco va creciendo el catálogo y llegando juegos importantes y muy jugados. PUBG, EA GAMES  y quien sabe si pronto tendremos el FOTNITE.

Community Member

Can’t wait for iPhones to get stadia💪🏻 Also, great to see that EA is onboard!

Community Member

Thank you!

Community Member

Ok, great work. Buy when family sharing? I have to alternate playing with my son...

Community Member

Some great games added in the last few days. EA coming soon. Stadia is well on its way to being a big deal. Im enjoying watching it grow and being a part of it. 

Community Member

Please add educational games to Stadia Pro > Discovery Tours (Assassin's Creed)

Community Member

Well that's something, at least. Obviously that's nowhere near what every other subscription service out there offers for game selection, so you should keep working on that. New games should be getting added to Pro every week, frankly.

Community Member

@SidNightwalker gonna respectfully disagree with you there. Since Stadia launched, I've purchased about half a dozen games. With the amount of Pro games I've claimed on top of that, my backlog is already pretty massive.

Community Member

This has been an amazing week for stadia thank you a lot, but i have some problems that i reported and i hope you guys look into it mainly the stadia UI on web browser being super slow with the number of friends i have. I dont know if this is the cause or not part of the a problem or something completely different but i have more and more friends ( 705 right now ) and going through the list to find and send a game request takes super long the UI pops up super slow other that that GREAT JOB I LOVE! Stadia ! 

Community Member

Ghost Recon Breakpoint seems to run at half the frame rate in cutscenes. This happens on the Chromecast in 4K.

Community Member

I just got stadia 2 days ago, I'm loving it 😍. So much better than some of the other platforms I've played and I'm not waiting forever for the next piece to load.  I can't wait for Witcher and Tetris!

Community Member

Division 2 Warlords edition deal is gone?

Community Member

Will you be making games that require a mouse available on stadia? I'd really like to play games like Cities Skylines, Anno 1800 or basically anything by Paradox. Even more casual games like stardew valley would be great. I know these aren't more polular titles but I'd love to be able to play these types of games with graphics at the highest settings and as a bonus I wouldn't care about lag that much.

So far I really like how Stadia is working for me. It's basically pushed off my purchase of a console, and if you got more PC games it'd definitely delay getting a high end PC 

Community Member

So to whom may b able to help, kinda might need some. I just got the premier package thing with invite code. It's been fun so far but a bit unmanageable. 2 days ago I had already registered for the the 2 months pro free B4  I got the Stadia package when I got the controller Chromecast ultra it was impossible to set any of the divices up until  i unsubscribed to the 2month free promo, then instantly iwas able to cast connect all that. But Google hasn't asked for my invite code idk if I'm getting access to everything I could b. Also, almost every game on Stadia I have on Xbox 1 with maximum progress, and the selling points of the controller/Stadia is cross platform continue progress without deal of a hard drives. Idk, if I'm not doing something write, but destiny and pubg rnt crossing over, im a day1 year1 destiny player Im not starting from scratch, also these r probablyr a stupid questions, but if the game on Xbox 1 is a deluxe super edition, do I have to buy that edition on Stadia  or can I just get the cheap standard 1 i.e. blds3, a.o.t. f.f. 15, devision, and is there anz way that I can Xbox 1 console stream using a Stadia controller casting onto the Chromecast ultra. I am really liking Stadia how easy it with playing the games. I just feel like I'm missing something small that would make things more accessible. So if any1 has any hints, simple fixes or suggestions. Anything would b appreciated.

Community Member

Stadia is its own gaming system through Google, that would be like asking if you can play a game from 360 on your PS4 and keep your saved data.   

I didn't have to unsubscribe any subscription to connect my stadia and chromecast...i did have to use an iPhone to link them though.  Once I did that then I went back to my android for everything and it worked like a charm. 👍