cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Stadia Pro games for January

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
126 86 57.4K

Nothing like two more free games on Stadia Pro to help bring in the new year.

New games on Stadia Pro

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration comes to Stadia Pro on January 1. Lara Croft’s second modern-day adventure is even deeper and more thrilling than her first as she races against insidious forces on a quest to uncover the secrets of everlasting life.

Also headed to Stadia Pro is Thumper, the rhythm game of beautiful destruction. Guide your space beetle at terrifying speeds across gorgeous, threatening vistas as you shake and break your way through enemies while racing to the ever-present beat.

Both Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration and Thumper will be ready to claim on Stadia Pro on January 1.

StadiaPro-JanuaryGames-ComingSoon.jpg

Don’t miss out on Stadia Pro games!

Heads up: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is leaving Stadia Pro at 9 AM PT December 31, 2019. So if you’re a Stadia Pro subscriber, you really want to make sure you grab Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition before that date and if you do, it will remain in your Stadia Pro library as long as you remain a Stadia Pro subscriber.

Farming Simulator 19 Platinum Edition, Destiny 2: The Collection, and SAMURAI SHODOWN will remain available to claim in January, but there’s no reason to wait – claim them all today if you haven’t already.

Thanks to all of you who made 2019 so special for the Stadia team. We wish you the happiest of holidays playing the games you love. See you next year.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
86 Comments
Community Member

Bet

Community Member
awesome
Community Member

Thanks Stadia team and happy holidays to everyone!

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Great news!!! 

Community Member

Thank you! 

Community Member
Thumper is amazing on VR. I'm sure it's still good in "regular" mode too.
Community Member

Ok, great. And a little discount on Football Manager 20? 55€ is too much, really. Considering that at the moment there is no possibility to mod the game.

Hoping that, compliments for the platform!

Community Member

Do we get a refund if we already bought the games?

Also, if we don't stay subscribed to Pro but come back at a later date, will we get the games we previously claimed back?

Community Member

Nice! You guys are doing great, Thumper will look great in my library. Already got all the tomb raider games, but great addition!

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Thanks for the heads-up - and especially for the clear communication on which currently-Pro games will be sticking around for at least another month. 

Community Member
Thanks, team.
Community Member
Awesome, Thanks Stadia Team!
Community Member
Nice. Thanks Google for the 2 games a month. One premium and one indie is a great way to please fans of both genres and introducing new genres to other.
Community Member

Thank you so much - great communication, and I'm very pleased to see you made two games free for January as well.  I was holding my breath for when Rise of the Tomb Raider would go on sale, and now it's the best sale price - free~! 😄

Community Member
This is great, thanks! Excited to play though and finish the Tomb Raider series for the first time
Community Member

@stringlapse You do not get a refund if you previously purchased the games, but you do retain the rights to keep them whether you're on a Pro subscription or not.  When you end your Pro subscription, you lose access to "claimed" games, but yes you also get your claimed library back when you reinstate Pro subscription.  You will miss out on games you do not claim while you are not Pro, however.  As a bonus - your saved games remain intact even if you stop Pro subscription for a while!

Community Member
Epic work stadia, im loving the platform and already play more than my xb1x, 2 free games a month dec and jan is a nice supprise too, happy to pay for games also and support stadia, liking gylt and awaiting the next exclusive
Community Member

Awesome. Thanks, Stadia Team. Loving the service.

Community Member
Awesome!! I've heard that Thumper has the lowest latency on Stadia, so it will be great to showcase Stadia to newcomers!
Community Member
I wanna play Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order on Google Stadia. Please, add the game to the store 🙂
Community Member

Very nice update... now launch Call of Duty and I'll drop some cash and stay a Pro subscriber 👍

Community Member
Was thinking of purchasing TR, so, thanks for saving me some $!
Community Member

Any idea what games are coming in January for sale? 

Community Member
Awesome I can't wait my mom brought this for me for Christmas.i thought she wasn't gonna get it because it's a lot of money but she surprised me and now here I am a stadia pro gamer so excited!!!! I love you MOMMY😘😘😍😍
Community Member
When will Elder Scrolls Online be released?
Community Member

Thanks stadia! 
Wish you people behind stadia happy holiday and happy new year!

Community Member

Good! So I can complete my Tomb Rider trilogy collection 😉

Community Member

Thanks to the Stadia team! Keep up the excellent work. Looking forward to 2020 and everything to come. All the best to all for the new year!

Community Member
We all love the concept of Stadia, but what's really lacking in comparison to console's, is new titles (no one wants to play 4 year old games) and the multiplayer functionality (meeting like minded gamers and enjoying the thrill of smashing out new games!) Keep up the good work!
Community Member

Need Mmorpgs pls

Community Member

Great news. I am looking forward new announcement soon too ! Within months we will run short of games 🙂 Thanks Stadia team.

Community Member

I think another game besides tomb raider 20th should have been put since we already got a tomb raider already 

Community Member

Awesome, thanks!! 

Community Member

Awesome stuff, I am very pleased. 🙂 Now I got all the Tomb Raider games. Thumper doesn't look like anything I have tried before, but now I definitely will.  I just hope for many more games being launched in January, including hopefully Division 2 & perhaps something yet unannounced. Stay awesome ❤️ 

Community Member

Color me slightly confused, do I need to do anything to claim games as a pro subscriber, or by nature of being a pro subscriber have I already claimed the games?

Community Member

awesome stadia

Community Member

Cool 

Community Member

Awesome job!

Community Member
@JasonM Just open the Stadia app on your phone or on Chrome, go to the Store and filter for Stadia Pro Games. There you can find all free Stadia Pro Games to claim. Just claim all the games you want...better just all of them 😉 Enjoy!
Community Member
...and not to forget: Thanks Google, awesome job. Keep in going 🤘
Community Member
It's not the second time a game that was available in the store makes it to the list of free games for Pro members. However, in this case, some of us purchased Thumper a while back. This is a bit frustrating but teaches me a lesson: do not buy games on Stadia anymore.
Community Member

Thanks for the free games Stadia.

Community Member

Will Destiny ever be purchasable so I can play it without the pro sub?

Community Member

Looking forward to more from EA. Specifically Star Wars Battlefront I and II. 

Community Member

extremely pointless to say "claim before dec 31st" and then say "Farming Simulator 19 Platinum Edition, Destiny 2: The Collection, and SAMURAI SHODOWN will remain available to claim in January, but there’s no reason to wait – claim them all today if you haven’t already. "

Your marketing team really needs work

Community Member

Nice work Google, I’m pleased enough with that. Are you bringing FIFA to Stadia next year?

Community Member
Hello @StadiaTeam, I try to refund Rise of the Tomb Raider, I bought the game at the end of the November. The refund has been rejected by the customer support and on the Play Store. Who can help me? 😞
Community Member

Oh wow! The value on this is insane! I got the first Tomb Raiders for free and the third for $26 when it was a Pro Deal. Thank you, Stadia for doing this!

Community Member

Yes@MrStad, I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider for 29,99 € !!!!!! 😕😡🤬

Community Member

Thanks, Stadia Team. Keep up the great work. It's like Christmas every month.