Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Play games on tens of millions of new phones

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
145 139 178K

Stadia-AdditionalPhones-Samsung-3.jpg 

Stadia is about to play games on WAY more phones.

Beginning February 20, you can play games on Stadia using a broad new selection of mobile devices. In addition to the Pixel family, Stadia will now support phones from Samsung, ASUS, and Razer. You’ll also soon be able to play on the brand new Samsung S20 line. More supported phones means you have even more ways to play games when, where, and how you want with Stadia.1

The complete list of new compatible phones includes:

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy Note8
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10E
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10+
  • Samsung Galaxy S20
  • Samsung Galaxy S20+
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
  • Razer Phone
  • Razer Phone 2
  • ASUS ROG Phone
  • ASUS ROG Phone II

Combined with compatible Pixel 2, 3, and 4 devices, Stadia will let you play games on more than 20 different Android phones beginning February 20. You can also play on tablets, laptops, and desktops, as well as TVs 2  through Google Chromecast Ultra. 

Support for these mobile devices begins later this week. Play on a smartphone you already own with Stadia. Whether you’re using Stadia Founder’s Edition, Stadia Premiere Edition, or a Stadia Buddy Pass, enjoy playing on new phones!

Wi-Fi required

Stadia Controller and Google Chromecast Ultra are required for play on TVs.

Chromecast Ultra requires a TV with an HDMI port, a Wi-Fi network, and a compatible (Android or iOS) mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are at g.co/cast/req. Availability and performance of features and services are application-, device-, and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas. More information is available at the Chromecast Help Center. Stadia Controller requires a Wi-Fi® network and a mobile device running Android 6.0, Marshmallow or later, or iOS 11 or later. All features, functionality, and other product specifications are subject to change without notice. Additional terms, conditions, and/or charges may apply.

Tags (1)
139 Comments
Community Member

Still no wireless Stadia controller......

Community Member

Why wifi only? 🤦

And do you know that Samsung is not the only brand in the world?

Community Member

Disappointing

Community Member

And for One Plus ?

Community Member

Wow awesome, This will be great on my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G.

Community Member

I love Stadia

Community Member

Why No Huawei/Honor?

Community Member
We got all these wonderful HD real graphics games and people play them on phone screens like on ancient game boys?
Community Member

Huawei info coming for Stadia..

Community Member

Right on google. I'm excited for this. The fact that I will be able to play red dead 2 on my galaxy note 10 plus is amazing. Thank you team. Keep up the good work. STADIA IS NOT DEAD.

Community Member
No LG love 😔
Community Member

Whats with Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?

Founder
Founder

OnePlus, please. It works via Chromium, but want official support. Keep bringing the updates 🙂

Community Member
OnePlus please! Thanks.
Community Member
Finally, I will be able to play on my Galaxy s 10 plus, I'm really enjoying Stadia, people need to be patient ,good things are coming for Stadia.
Founder
Founder

When's it coming to OnePlus.

Community Member

Excellent news, can't wait for one plus (ideally 6t) support

Community Member

cool.  That middle phone screenshot looks like doom eternal.  Is that game available starting today as well?

Founder
Founder

I'm a bit confused as to why there's such a tight release on compatability. Are these all of the Samsung phones (future models excluded of course) that you will be adding? I'm not sure I understand why. My A5 seems plenty good enough to deal with Stadia.

Community Member

Is there any timeframe on when this will be opened up to One Plus phones?

Community Member

I have an S8+! Can't wait! Time to buy a claw

Community Member
I have seen everything related to this wonderful video game platform, I am a gamer and I would love to try stadia, only there is a problem, it is not available in Mexico, please put in your Compatibility plans by country to Mexico, I would be very anxious to try it
Community Member
Still waiting for Samsung S7...
Community Member

Good stuff! Been waiting for this since the beginning Stadia. Now you just have to destroy Xbox's new mobile system. This is what we all have wanted. @Stadia 🤙🏼

Founder
Founder

This is fantastic news, just what I've been waiting for. 

Community Member
That's just great, one day before my "free" 3 months run out, they finally support my phone. Canceled my subscription, so disappointed with the 1+ year old free games we got in those 3 months that I had finished ages ago (except for Gylt). So I guess I just wasted some good money for just a controller, an extra Chromecast that I didn't need and only 1 game that I enjoyed. Lesson learned, never be an early supporter (and to think I thought it couldn't be rougher than with Oculus)
Community Member
WIFI required?? Seriosly? So I just can play at home on the phone 😂😂
Community Member
Been waiting for this for my Note 10+. Sucks that it didn't happen until right when my three months of premiere is about to come to an end
Community Member
What about my oneplus 6 ? 😞
Community Member
What about Android TVs with integrated Chromecast, like the Sony AF9/AG9 series? I really don't feel the need to connect an additional device to a premium TV that already is UHD Chromecast enabled. The reason why i have not tested Stadia yet is only that i don't want to buy an otherwise unnecessary device.
Community Member
Awesome! Time to start showing off to my friends at work! 😁
Community Member
Cool, looking forward to tablets. Hint Galaxy Tab S6
Community Member

Can you please make the claw available in the Netherlands as well? it will be kind of hard to play properly without it.

Community Member
While that's excellent news, it's not for me yet... I hope I can play Stadia on my Xiaomi soon.
Community Member
What about Huawei?
Community Member

So ready for this ..... now we just need more games 😁

Community Member
Exciting news!! BUT when are you going to release more phones to be compatible !?? My LG phone needs Stadia... I've been waiting too long!!
Community Member
Hopefully LG phones and iPhones are next!
Community Member

Frickin amazing! 😀

Community Member

Great News!

I see there’s a comment about playing on tablets. Is there a definitive list of supported models please?

Community Member
What other phone will it come to?
Community Member
Hopefully Black Shark phones get support for google stadia as well.
Community Member

I have the S7 edge! Why limit the love to the newer versions of Samsung phones? I refuse to update my phone when the one I have is perfectly useable. Come on Google, you can do better than this!

Community Member

Using a Razer Phone, so very Happy.

Just a question, why claw os not in Google store??

Thanks un avance.

Community Member
When will y’all release for iPhone
Community Member

It's more than 2 weeks I'am playing on GEFORCE NOW on an S7.... guys...cmon!

Founder
Founder

How do you play with the phone? I got a Samsung S9+

Community Member
This is of course awesome, but what about IOS?
Community Member

My S10 is just straight up not recognizing my stadia controllers when plugged in by usb. Am I doing something wrong? That said I am very excited about this when it works and love playing through my chromecast so far!

Community Member
How do I connect my Stadia controller to my phone (I have Samsung S10e) when I try to pair them it connects to the tv chromecast instead What Im doing wrong?