Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Play games on tens of millions of new phones

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
135 119 96.4K

Stadia-AdditionalPhones-Samsung-3.jpg 

Stadia is about to play games on WAY more phones.

Beginning February 20, you can play games on Stadia using a broad new selection of mobile devices. In addition to the Pixel family, Stadia will now support phones from Samsung, ASUS, and Razer. You’ll also soon be able to play on the brand new Samsung S20 line. More supported phones means you have even more ways to play games when, where, and how you want with Stadia.1

The complete list of new compatible phones includes:

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy Note8
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10E
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10+
  • Samsung Galaxy S20
  • Samsung Galaxy S20+
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
  • Razer Phone
  • Razer Phone 2
  • ASUS ROG Phone
  • ASUS ROG Phone II

Combined with compatible Pixel 2, 3, and 4 devices, Stadia will let you play games on more than 20 different Android phones beginning February 20. You can also play on tablets, laptops, and desktops, as well as TVs 2  through Google Chromecast Ultra. 

Support for these mobile devices begins later this week. Play on a smartphone you already own with Stadia. Whether you’re using Stadia Founder’s Edition, Stadia Premiere Edition, or a Stadia Buddy Pass, enjoy playing on new phones!

Wi-Fi required

Stadia Controller and Google Chromecast Ultra are required for play on TVs.

Chromecast Ultra requires a TV with an HDMI port, a Wi-Fi network, and a compatible (Android or iOS) mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are at g.co/cast/req. Availability and performance of features and services are application-, device-, and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas. More information is available at the Chromecast Help Center. Stadia Controller requires a Wi-Fi® network and a mobile device running Android 6.0, Marshmallow or later, or iOS 11 or later. All features, functionality, and other product specifications are subject to change without notice. Additional terms, conditions, and/or charges may apply.

Tags (1)
119 Comments
Community Member

Never clicked on a link so fast.

Excellent work from the Stadia team! Looking forward to playing on my S10 ❤️

Community Member
This is awesome news!!! Time to make a video.
Community Member
that's a begining. I hope my Black Shark 2 pro will be able to run Stadia soon
Community Member
Can we have some Xiaomi love, please? 😕 Cuz here I am, sitting with my mi 9SE :c
Community Member

Finally, now when are we getting those shareable save-states? 😛

Community Member
No iPhones?
Community Member
Niente One plus ? Eppure sono più performanti dei Samsung per giocare!
Community Member

Yay! Thanks Stadia team ♥️

Community Member
Great 😀 it's evolving I hope that Xiaomi phone (especially mi9) will be soon compatible
Community Member
OnePlus when :tm:
Community Member
No OnePlus. Disappointing. Don't see why one Android phone should work and not another considering it runs in Chrome.
Community Member
What about OnePlus 6 and more ? I use Chromium APK work fine ... would be appreciated to have official support.
Community Member

Glad to see the mobile family growing! Looking forward to seeing the other Android brands join the family, and eventually iPhones as well.

Community Member
Pretty much all the newest samsung phones MINUS the one I have.... no fold love
Community Member

No OnePlus phones ?!?

Community Member
Can we get support for One+ devices they are more than capable and have high-quality features that are akin to that of most of the devices on the list
Community Member

OnePlus 6 has Android 10 since last december. Can't wait to see it with a full functional Stadia, too.

Community Member

Finally some useful update from the @StadiaTeam

Thank you so much! We all want to see Stadia grow to it's full potential!

We love Stadia! (Good internet connection required to anyone who disagrees)

Community Member

Disappointed for not supporting Android One phones

Community Member
That is amazing news since I was gonna buy a note 10+ 5g. Love stadia and stupid excited for this news!
Community Member
Great news! When do we get Family Sharing?
Community Member

Woot! This is great news! I am getting The Claw delivered on Friday!

Community Member

Ohhh.. you lovely people you! Thank you Stadia!

Community Member
Yeet! FINALLY!
Community Member
It's definitely a start but I use the Red Magic Mars
Community Member

Awesome!

Community Member
Is Samsung Galaxy S10 5G included? Don't see this explicitly listed
Community Member

You guys are moving way too slow for how big your company is.

Community Member
Woah big update!! Thank you so much google for this awesome update and the sweet new pro deals that are out there! Now you just need to bring Stadia support to iOS! Lol
Community Member

Still no pixel one?

What a joke, it's your device and you won't support it yet I can happily play Xbox streaming and Nvidia GeForce on this phone.

Community Member
Outstanding, this will be a major benefit to a lot of people.
Community Member
Huawei needs some love
Community Member

No iPhone or iPad support makes me a sad panda.

Community Member
Really silly that OnePlus isn't on here. My OP 7 Pro is more than capable of running Stadia. Runs really well with the chromium mod. Would have been nice to have official support.
Community Member
Wonderful! Fingers crossed that we get wireless support for Chrome soon! Being able to wirelessly link up a controller for a chrome session on our laptops and chromebooks would be a game changer.
Community Member

Cmon oneplus, what ya waiting for! 

Community Member

Iphone?

Community Member

Great News. My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is looking forward to host Stadia 😉

Community Member

What about the last pixel? 

Community Member

New game? Fifa example?

Community Member

I wish I could upgrade my phone now.  I switched from note 9 to pixel 3 XL just for Stadia and I really miss my note.

Community Member

I still can't with my Galaxy A50 but it's great news.

Keep working hard and walking forward

Thanks Stadia Team👊

Community Member

I honestly don't understand, but there must be a reason!
I understand that Stadia is part of Google, the same company that owns Android!
There should be greater agility between the areas to integrate the solutions.
I have a Moto Z 3 phone. I have been using Microsoft XCloud apps for months and everything is perfect. I've been using NVIDIA's GForce Now for weeks (I have access to several games from my Steam library) all for free and working great. I basically use Stadia through the Chromecast Ultra. It's the best experience in terms of cloud games, but seeing other mobile solutions being delivered faster by other developers is quite frustrating.

Community Member

Just canceled my pro subscription.

I'm fed up with this breadcrumbing tactics.

It's a quite impressive system/technology but not anywhere near it was advertised.

I'll go pro again, but not now.

Community Member
No information on what is going to happen after the 3 months free runs out?? I feel like that is really a critical part for Stadia in communicating why we should continue to sub.
Community Member

As a Samsung s9 plus user ALSO having my birthday on the 20th, I approve! 😀

Community Member
Just posted my video on YouTube. Check it out. I think this is great news. It's the beginning of the rollout of features ahead of Base. I'm amazed at people still complaining, and not seeing that this is positive news, and can create momentum for the platform. https://youtu.be/EaXCSPOrrTM
Community Member
Best news 🙂 Thank you Stadia GREAT NEWS
Community Member

Any update on the timeline to iOS support? @StadiaTeam 

Community Member

Currently use a OnePlus 6t and purchased the founders edition on day one.  It's a great new technology I enjoy, just wish Google would move a little faster or the competition will catch up.