cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Play Stadia Pro for free, starting today

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
36 26 20.2K

Last week, Stadia opened up access to Stadia to everyone in our 14 launch countries. Some of you may be wondering if this is Stadia Base. While we've decided to move away from that name, we're very excited that Stadia is now free and open to everyone who wants to create an account in our supported markets.

We’re also making a number of games available for free during a 2 month Stadia Pro trial. We’ve got all the details below.

Try Stadia Pro free for two months and get free games

Many of us are spending more time at home. Games can help us connect with friends and explore other worlds. So we’re giving you two months of free games you can claim and play with Stadia Pro at no cost. Go to stadia.com/pro, sign up for a trial, and you can start playing on your laptop, desktop, or compatible phone or tablet. If you have a Stadia Controller and a Google Chromecast Ultra, you can play on your TV as well. Find out more here.

If you’re already a Stadia Pro subscriber, we won’t charge you for your Stadia Pro subscription for the next two months. The free two months will be applied automatically, so you don’t have to do anything to redeem.

This Week’s Stadia Pro deals

Stadia Pro subscribers get special discounts on Stadia store purchases this week, including:

• New! Borderlands 3 for $30.00 USD (50% off)
  • New! Borderlands 3 Deluxe for $40.00 USD (50% off)
  • New! Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe $50.00 USD (50% off)
  • New! Borderlands 3 Season Pass for $39.99 USD (20% off)
  • New! Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration $10.50 USD (65% off)
  • New! Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition $19.80 USD (67% off)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 for $47.99 USD (20% off)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition for $53.59 USD (33% off)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition for $59.99 USD (40% off)
  • Kine for $10.00 USD (50% off)
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $10.00 USD (50% off)

That’s the Stadia news for the day. Check back soon for more news from Stadia, and be sure to follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-second alerts.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
26 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Welcome to all the new users! And great deals too!! 😄

Community Member

Would be nice if you gave everyone 2 free months especially since some of us have been off work for over 2 months because of the Pandemic. 

Founder
Founder

@Mi5Jason they did... Check your next billing date.

Community Member

@Mi5Jason they sent out an email 4 days ago saying everyone is getting 2 free months.  I believe it was the same day (possibly the following) they announced the above message

Founder
Founder

Loving Borderlands 3 and glad to see another sale!  Looking forward to seeing this already great community grow!

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Yay!!!! 🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿#LoveYouStadiaTeam

Community Member

Great news!! 

Community Member

What does moving away from the name Stadia Base mean? Can you still buy individual games and play them in perpetuity for free without a subscription at 1080p?

Community Member

That’s awesome thank you Stadia. 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Hi,

thanks again for 2 month free Stadia.

But this was known since 07.04.; i write this because some Members wondering here about these news.

Again, Stadias Communication sucks...

You wrote these news 1 week after that message was known (can be read on Google News searching for Google Stadia).

Members dont have to wait to check Bill for checking if they have 2 month free Stadia -> You can check easily going in Stadia App - Corner top right (Account) - 

Subscription. You see there when your next payment is. @erik  @Psycho17 

Again, please introduce Push Notifications into the App, not everyone visits this blog everyday. And at the moment, the App is only needed to buy games, connect controller and managing account. Make the App usefuller, give push not. , introduce chats (and voice communications).

Community Member

I have been trying to purchase a game thru stadia but keep getting a cant complete error message what can I do??? I’m using the same card I signed up with which works fine jus not wit stadia pls help!...

Community Member

Borderlands 3

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Red Dead Redemption 2

These games have been out and purchased on pc ps4 xbox at full price nobody is going to buy those games again at that price Stadia needs new games or more recent games that nobody owns and tell developers to stop bing greedy with their pricing of the games as most people with stadia will already own another gaming machine

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I started my stadia Pro 3 month trial in march. My billing date still says June so I guess I miss out on the extra 2 months. 😭

Community Member

Porque no puedo poner mi tarjeta internacional?? 

Alguien sabe

Community Member

I am unable to purchase any games either. No issues with my credit cards other than using them to buy stadia games. I’ve been talking to tech support butler still no solution. 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Awesome news !!! With GameStop closed and the Nintendo Switch sold out globally, Google knew perfectly well that this was the moment to battle and successfully launch the platform.

I welcome the millions of new Stadia players.

PS: Next week I will buy a new controller, I hope Stadia Team... receive it in optimal conditions ... I am giving you a week's notice, so you can prepare my order.

Founder
Founder

Stadia team, please hear me. If there were ever a game you guys have to sell out to get, it is the Crysis remake. With the past memes of "but can it run Crysis?" this is a staple game for the platform. Put everything down, turn off the party music, cancel the meetings necessary, and with the force of common sense RUN towards securing this game!!!

Please

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

All that's missing inow s The Division 2 as a Pro game in May. That game has it all, 4K60, Stream Connect and the fastest load times of all versions. Perfection!

Make it happen Google!

Community Member

How would i know if i got the 2 months free??🤔🤔🤔

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@DiBoy Start your Stadia App- Top Right Account- Subscriptions

There you see, when your next payment is.

Mine was 30. April, changed to 30. June

Community Member

Si compro el pack de 129€ que trae 3 meses Stadia pro, tendría 5 meses con esta promoción? O perdería estos 2 meses de promoción COVID?

Community Member

They sent out an email saying this....wtf...

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

So can I get a refund on Grid and Serious Sam please?  Or are google saying I should not buy anything in future and just wait and see if it is later made free?

I guess, as they never ever comment or reply to customer concerns, I’ll have to just stop buying stadia games unless I want to run this risk.  Well played stadia.  Genius.

Community Member

Cgt 

Community Member

Playstation 

Founder
Founder

I have been a pro user since the start. I have registered my kids' accounts two days ago, to be a part of the free pro for two months. When accessing their accounts there are no games in the library, no games to claim and no mention of pro. They can purchase games from the store. 

What can be done to get the features mentioned in the Stadia connect presentation? I was hoping they could claim the available pro games, but this seems to be impossible. And soon several games will drop out of the "to-claim" group. Any tips?