Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: New games, new season, new feature

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
47 19 15.3K

Stadia-NewGames-SteamWorldLaunch.jpg

In the mood to shop for some new games in the Stadia store? Looking forward to your date with Destiny on Stadia Pro? We’ve got you covered this week on Stadia. See what you can start playing starting today, no downloads, updates, or installs required! And get ready to grab more of your screenshots and gameplay videos with a new Stadia feature.

Space pirates and steam miners

Two delightful new games drop into the Stadia store this week. SteamWorld Heist lets you live out your lifetime fantasy of robbing and battling enemy ships as a starfaring robotic space pirate (admit it, you’ve always wanted to be one). SteamWorld Dig is an utterly unique reimagining of the platformer genre where you simultaneously navigate and shape the world around you, sculpting terrain to escape enemies and discover treasure. You can buy both games in the Stadia store now:

• SteamWorld Heist for $19.99 USD

• SteamWorld Dig for $9.99 USD

Destiny 2: Season of the Worthy

Trials of Osiris is back, y’all.

Destiny 2: The Collection was one of the first games available on Stadia, and its universe continues to evolve. Fresh on the heels of Season of Dawn, Destiny 2’s latest Season goes live this week and it’s included for free as part of your Stadia Pro subscription.

No need to download, install, or update Destiny 2: The Collection to start playing Season of the Worth on Stadia. You’ll be able to play without waiting, the moment it goes live. If you’re not currently an active Stadia Pro subscriber, this is a great time to renew to get this and 6 more free games.

Grab your gameplay footage and screenshots

You can now more easily access your favorite gameplay moments when playing on laptops and desktops. As always, you can capture screenshots or clips at the click of a button on your TV, tablet, or computer, and view them in the Stadia app.

stadia.google.com_captures (2) (1).png

Thanks to a recent update, you can now access your captures on your laptop or desktop at https://stadia.com/captures and download them straight from your library, then share them with friends any way you choose. Share your best moments right here on https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/ or post them as replies to this post on our Twitter channel.

See you next week!

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
19 Comments
Community Member

Yay for 2 more games 🎉!

Community Member

Awesome! Still waiting for Doom though!

Community Member

Any news on releasing more tablet support? 
Or cross-play? 

Community Member

Guys, it has been over 3 months now. When are we getting a messaging system? Or do you have a timeline for it?

Community Member

Want support for more Android phones !

Community Member

Any sales ? Steam world heist looks interesting going to check out a few reviews on it. 

Community Member

Another great community update, 2 more games, better screenshot and video access, way to go Stadia team!

Community Member

Why can we still not share captures from app? Why can't we zoom in on captures in app. It really can't be that difficult. Why not link to Google photos?

Community Member

Still pretty disappointing that although Destiny 2 (minus seasons and shadowkeep) is free to play on all other platforms, it remains blocked behind a premium pay wall for Stadia. I bought founder's with the understanding I would be able to still play the free version (without seasonal and shadowkeep content) if I didn't decide to renew pro.

Just one among a few reasons Stadia has left a bad taste in my mouth so far 😔 I hope things continue to improve and communication gets better, because right now I'm playing literally zero Stadia. 

Community Member

2 new games isn't enough...

Port more... I waited months to sign up...

And I'm worried the Stadia is just going to die out... Xenoverse 2 is a ghost town.

Community Member

Awesome update but please hurry up with supporting more phones. I find it weird that both GeForce Now and xCloud support more Android phones than Stadia does.

Community Member

Family Share please!

Community Member

Would love to have a free to play game like COD warzone

Community Member

Still waiting for wireless Stadia controller functionality outside of Chromecast. C'mon Google give us that

Community Member

We need free to play games like call of duty warzone

Community Member

Please bring Wreckfest to Stadia! 😃

Community Member

still waiting stadia in Romania, uplay+, origin premier , blizard games and many other big publishers

Community Member

Elder Scrolls Online please. My mage, Eugene, has been running on low graphics settings and he grows impatient. 

Community Member

Silly people asking them to support more phones. How do you think they're going to get people to buy Pixel phones if you can play Stadia on other devices?