Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Lunar landings and Free Play Days

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
70 36 22.4K

Stadia_2-Games-RelictaBorderlands.jpg

A lot is happening on Stadia this week, starting with a Borderlands 3 free weekend. You can also enjoy big savings on games like The Elder Scrolls Online, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and RAGE 2. Let’s begin with a look at a new game available on Stadia today.

Relicta is now available

Master gravity and move mountains in Relicta, a physics-based puzzle adventure set on the moon. The primal forces of nature are your weapons in this harsh environment where impossible puzzles demand improbable solutions! Relicta is ready to purchase on Stadia August 4 for $19.99 USD.

In case you missed them…

Four free games landed on Stadia Pro on August 1:

If you’re a Pro player, claim all of these today and keep them as long as you remain a Stadia Pro member, in addition to the 18 other titles already available. And stay tuned for Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break, smashing its way into Stadia Pro on August 14.

Borderlands 3 free weekend

Play Borderlands 3 all weekend for free during our Free Play Days! If you’re a Stadia Pro member, you can play Borderlands 3 beginning Thursday, August 6 at 9 AM PT through Sunday, August 9 11:59 PM PT. That’s four days of free mischief and madness. Sign up for your Stadia Pro free trial to start playing if you are not yet a Pro member.

Bethesda publisher sale

Special deals are waiting this week for everyone on games and add-ons from Bethesda:

• 5,500 Crowns for The Elder Scrolls Online for $27.99 USD, €24.49
  • 3,000 Crowns for The Elder Scrolls Online for $18.74 USD, €15.74
  • 21,000 Crowns for The Elder Scrolls Online for $89.99 USD, €74.99
  • 15,00 Crowns for The Elder Scrolls Online for $11.99 USD, €10.39
  • 14,000 Crowns for The Elder Scrolls Online for $64.99 USD, €55.24
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Standard Edition for $10 USD, €10
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for $38.99 USD, €45.49
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Collector’s Edition for $51.99 USD, €58.49
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Upgrade for $25.99 USD, €25.99
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Collector's Upgrade for $32.49 USD, €35.74
  • DOOM Eternal Standard Edition for $30 USD, €30
  • DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition for $53.99 USD, €53.99
  • DOOM 64 for $2.50 USD, €2.50
  • RAGE 2 for $12 USD, €12
  • RAGE 2: Deluxe Edition for $16 USD, €16
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood for $19.49 USD, €19.49

That’s the news for today. Be sure to follow Stadia on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for even more updates.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
36 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Borderlands 3 free weekend! Whoa didn't see that coming! Already own the game but happy for others that will get a chance to try it out 😄

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Free weekends!! Woah!

Community Member

Exciting! Already have Borderlands but this is a wonderful weekend to play with other Stadia players who didn't buy it yet! 

An interesting idea: free play weekends for non-pro players could rope some people in

Community Member

Never played borderlands but I'm excited to give it a try!

Community Member

Never expected free weekends to come to The Stadia. This is awesome

Community Member

Wooohhh gratis un juego que tiene 6 añitos de vida! Me esperaba algo mas stadia 😑

Community Member

Awesome, just picked up Doom Eternal for £15 using the £10 off voucher. Nice one Stadia team!

Community Member

So, perhaps, I can find my buddy to play Slaughters and Proven Grounds 🙂 Or, perhaps, co-op some insanely difficult quests 🙂

Community Member

Cheap Doom is good, but these announcements are getting more "meh" every week. 

Community Member

Nice to see free play weekends. Great to see the service growing and flexing it's instant play feature. No waiting to download and then play. Just click. And play.

Community Member

Free weekends are a great idea. I've never played a borderland game, and I've always wanted to see what it's about. Well played.

Completely unrelated, do you think that you could work in Google Reminders / Google Calendar to up and coming "events"? Like some sort of "Click here to be reminded" I'd love to say I will remember, but life sometimes gets in the way.

Community Member

I have to second to the idea of trying to rope in new people with these free weekends. Eliminate the barrier of entry by instantly hooking them up with a dummy account that they can change to a normal account if they decide to subscribe after their little trial.

Community Member

Good sales and weekend free for Borderlands 3!!!! This is awesome! Try a game without download or install.. just click and play!! 🙂

Community Member

Why not the free weekend for Stadia without Pro? That would be much better for new Stadia Users. 

Community Member

Cool, borderlands free weekend. Good that it's only for Pro membership.

Hopefully many doubters will try it and see the good things Stadia can offer.

Even if you own other consoles and a PC 

Edit: it's good it's for pro so people will also try other games. Membership is free anyways.

Only borderlands may not sell it 

Community Member

Okay Stadia team...we see you testing the waters for free to play games. Here is looking at you Hyperscape.

Community Member

Free Play Days need to be for non Pro subs and that’s how you will gain more people to joining a Pro membership. If they see how well AAA titles run in practically zero latency. That’s how it works. You give someone something they didn’t know they wanted and they want it even more. 

we are already paying on pro. No incentive for us besides buying the game after the trial. 

Community Member

Stadia has been the best thing I've gotten in years. I've paid for pro like 3x total and have had all 9 other months free. Thank you for a good first year and making my purchase worth it!

Community Member

Is it possible to get folders soon? Because with all the free games, you end up with a lot of clutter and a long list to scroll through. I know you can use voice to get to the game you want but I think folders would be a great addition.

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Borderlands 3 free weekend that's pretty cool! Thanks a lot! Can't wait to try 😄

Community Member

God I love Stadia I own 41 games now! BUT i need a Search Bar for the love of God Stadia team give us a search bar first world problem when you have to scroll just to find a game and then you realized you scrolled too deep SMH.😫

Community Member

Excited to try Borderlands...been considering a purchase. I bought the Greymoor Collectors for full price a month ago....which was like $80...is it now $32 or did I read that wrong?

Community Member

Know what we really need, skyrim with stadia powered mods.... 

Community Member

Noice

Community Member

Free weekend's baby 😍

Sales are also decent! 

Nice one! 👍

Community Member

Stadia continues to improve each and every week.

Community Member

Rage 2 for 12 bucks...not bad. 

Community Member

Oi! When am I going to be able to play in Australia? I'm sick of playing Stadia over VPN.

Community Member

Ah no, free weekends are a pain in the ass. Loading 100GB plus installing and updating the game to get started just for a few weekend hours isnt worth it ......

Oh hey no .....its Stadia!

Community Member

Doom Eternal for 30€, 20€ with the 10€ off promotion... I was waiting for that.

It runs smooth at 4k 60fps without any sort of "insane" input lag, and loadings are impressively quick.

Community Member

Hola, Como puedo acceder el juego? No me sale... 

Community Member

Aaaagh, no free time this weekend to try out Borderlands. Disaster! Great idea though. 

Community Member

I am so excited to try Borderlands free weekend! Great idea!!!

Community Member

Very bad controller connectivity for borderland 3. Lots of control drift, spinning, and disconnection. Glad it’s for free!

Community Member

Thank you Stadia team! I just bought Stadia on my PC and even tho my connection was messing up few times before it ended being perfect I ended up buying borderlands 3. This changed PC gaming for me no need for a high end laptop for a crazy cost.

The only thing I’m requesting is please if possible add Call of Duty WARZONE please!!

@StadiaTeam 

Community Member

Wow ive been playing for 4 weeks never saw free play days with boarderlands smho for real now u announce this is making me think twice about being a loyal member