cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: It’s a great time to buy the game you want most

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
107 78 57.1K

If you’re a current or new Stadia subscriber, or if you’ve ever been a Stadia Pro member, you’ll get $10 off your next game purchase. If you haven’t experienced Stadia Pro yet, you can sign up right now at Stadia.com and get all the benefits of membership, including this $10 offer and a collection of free games to start playing.1

So go ahead and add that game you’ve been thinking about to your Stadia library today. Octopath Traveler, Borderlands 3, DOOM Eternal, and many other great games are waiting for you. Whichever game you choose will be ready to play instantly, without waiting for any downloads or updates on devices you already own.

Reminder: Five new free games in Stadia Pro in June

In case you missed our last blog post, a reminder on some good news: FIVE new games just dropped on Stadia Pro. Click to Play them instantly below if you have a Pro subscription.

Stadia Pro subscribers can claim all these games and a dozen more right now for free.

One month Stadia Pro free trial begins

As previously announced, anyone who signs up for Stadia will now receive one free month of Stadia Pro.

Play games on more OnePlus devices

Even more mobile devices are ready to play games on Stadia. As of June 11, the following OnePlus models are now fully compatible with Stadia:

• OnePlus 5 and 5T
  • OnePlus 6 and 6T
  • OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G

These OnePlus phones join the OnePlus 8, the OnePlus 8 Pro, and a host of other fully-supported devices where you can enjoy your Stadia library.

Play Stadia games on even more Android phones

You can now choose to play games on Stadia with any Android phone that can install the Stadia app, including phones that aren't currently on our list of officially supported phones. While this feature is still in development and not every phone will work perfectly, you can now try out Stadia and play your favorite games on more screens than ever before.

If you’d like to be part of this Experiment, visit the Stadia app, navigate to the Experiments tab in your Settings menu, and choose “Play on this device.” Experiments are our way of testing out new features so we can get your feedback. We’ll have more opt-in programs in the future as we look to bring even more helpful features to you. And remember, Stadia is also officially supported on a wide range of the world’s most popular Android phones, and we’ll continue to update this list as we improve and optimize Stadia across more devices.

Mobile touch controls arrive!

The first version of our mobile touch controls is also available to try today. As with all features on Stadia, we will continue to refine this feature over time. To access the touch controls, just select “Try touch gamepad” after launching a game without a controller connected. Touch controls are available for every game on Stadia.

1sKlxG4RIVgltMYuZnTFT99oqD-JA_ce2cXfywdE.png

Choose your resolution with this new Stadia feature

In keeping with our commitment to listening to community feedback, we’re adding the ability to set your Stadia resolutions individually for each device you play on. Previously, resolution settings were controlled through the Stadia app but applied to all of your devices. We’re rolling this change out today, and it should be live for everyone in the next few days.

To change your resolution on a Chromecast Ultra device

1. Open the Stadia menu by pressing the Stadia button on your Stadia Controller
  2. Choose Options > Performance
  3. Choose the maximum resolution you’d like to set for this device. It will take effect the next time you play a game on your device.

To change resolution across other devices like laptops or phones, check out the instructions here.

per_device_settings_graphic.png

To learn more about the device resolution setting update, visit the Stadia Help Center.

That’s the news for today. Be sure to follow Stadia on all your favorite social channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

1Terms apply.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
78 Comments
Community Member

Yesss, I will finally be able to change resolutions!!!

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Holy cow this blog post is thicc

So proud to be apart of this growing platform!

Community Member

Wow this took me by surprise. Great new features and the discount is a lovely little bonus. Constantly improving 👍

Community Member

iOS support?  I won't stop pestering you!

Community Member

Nice ! Finally all Android phones 🥰

Community Member

Stadia is going to to replace the PC gaming rig / console in due time. 

Community Member

Yay I get to play on my OnePlus 7 pro

Community Member

Always great to see Stadia growing. It's been great investing in this platform. 

Community Member

What an awesome update! The 2 week wait was worth it, GO Stadia!

Community Member

Had anyone got touch controls to work? I get no option to select them. I just get bombed out of the game. 

Community Member

Thank you Stadia for keeping up the progress. Makes me feel confident that we are going to get there in the end!

Community Member

I was looking forward to Mobile touch controls. Good to see this new addition. Now, if we can get family sharing and platform messaging, we'd be made whole...

Community Member

thank you Google. We needed this

Community Member

Playing on any Android device really helps Stadia truly be a platform you can play anywhere. Great job!

Community Member

All this is really awesome!!!🤩

You did a lot of things now!💻

Also it's because Cyberpunk 2077 ... Because September 17 ... So really good!😃

Also guys I have aphasia so maybe I can say something even better in there, Google Stadia. You know where I am! 🧠

Community Member

Tried to get touch controls working on Destiny game just bombs. In play store says last time app was updated is 15th of May with no update available. Is this just rolling out.

Community Member

Awesome work and thanks for the $10

Community Member

Awesome update but I don't see the Experiments tab anywhere on the Stadia app on my Google Pixel. I know I'm able to play if I go to website on Chrome through phone and select desktop view, but I'd love to be able to play right from the app. I checked PlayStore to see if any updates for the app itself and it didn't appear. Will this be taking some time to roll out? @GraceFromGoogle Thanks!

Community Member

A couple of quick question about the offer since the T&C is kind of confusing (https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9789292?p=game_discount_promotion&visit_id=6372748853497525...)...

1. It says that if the discount is more than the cost of the game, example $5 game versus a $10 will mean the game is technically free without expectations of having credit in my account but, that means that this offer should stacked with future Stadia Pro Deals (even when the T&C says it cannot be joined to other offer)?

2. IS this one per transaction or one per month? As seems that the language of T&C indicates that not all individual purchase might include the offer.

3. Are we gonna have Stadia Pro Deals on June?

Thanks!

Community Member
  • I am so happy with the one plus 6 support. Will the $10 be £10 in the UK ?
Community Member

@Aled it is when I browse the store. 

Community Member

Will the $10 be valid in the UK ? 

Community Member

@Neumaticdodo it is, but £10 😍

Community Member

sweet!! is there a expiry time for this $10?

Community Member

@Baynezy  how do you add the £10 to your purchase ?

Community Member

I can't see the Experiments tab in my Settings menu and there is not nw update. Is this a staggered roll out feature?

Community Member

@Neumaticdodo when I browse a game in the store it says that I have a discount available. I guess it is applied automatically once in the baske . 

Community Member

Make an announcement on (IGN EXPO -Summer Of Gaming 2020) Please always be late in advertising something, and say something about CyberPunk and why would it be delayed? 😿

Community Member

I will use my $10 off for cyberpunk 2077

Community Member

Hi cheeky but do you know long the stadia deals will take to come on app ? 

Community Member

I don't get an option to use touch controls.😭

Community Member

On-screen controls and ability to choose resolution on web in one go? Is this Christmas already?

Excellent update!

Community Member

Niiiiiice.

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Great news so far! Especially changing the resolution + the touch controls, thanks so much for improving the Stadia experience!

Community Member

Terrific update guys, do keep up the great work!

Community Member

This is very nice. I almost bought something last night too XD
So happy that I waited, now I can use this discount and buy what I wanted now ^-^

Community Member

Excellent news, I'll finally be able to play on my phone. 

Community Member

Anyone else having issues with touch controls not working? 

Community Member

This is incredible!

Community Member

iPad support and please give us GTA V. Pretty please. But also.. keep up the good work, I really enjoy Stadia!

Community Member

Waiting for the App Update. This post is really amazing. Just a little upset that we can't dive into it right away. 

Community Member

Google is breaking the silence! 😎

Community Member

When can I try touch controls?

Community Member

Wait, I bought a controller and you are developing a useless touch controller instead of implementing wireless play for the stadia controller?

Community Member

Mobile controls? Lmao awesome

Community Member

It'd be nice if the on-screen controller could also be used for playing on Chromecast or PC. I.e. launch the game on another device (from browser or casting via the phone app), and an option to use touch controls within the Stadia app appeared so you could control the game. 

Community Member

I can't get the mobile controls to work. Not even an option when I play a game on my phone it just boots me out. Also, no settings option on my Chromecast. Everything looks the same still. 😞 

Community Member

Touch controls are working! Yay 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Community Member

Awesome update team! Excited for all of this and all the things yet to come.

Community Member

The experimental tab is now live and works great; thanks team!!