cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Free games coming to Stadia Pro this February

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
86 86 74.7K

We’re happy to announce that two more free games are coming to Stadia Pro on February 1. A pair of frightening, dark, and engaging single-player stories will be ready to claim starting this Saturday.

• GYLT is a haunted tale of mystery and terror. Face your worst fears as you travel through a nightmarishly beautiful universe crafted by the storytelling masters at Tequila Works.
  • In Metro Exodus, flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

To get GYLT and Metro Exodus, Stadia Pro subscribers can simply log in to the Stadia app, claim them, and start playing instantly. These two new games are just the latest additions to the growing library you unlock with Stadia Pro. Make sure you stay subscribed to Stadia Pro to keep growing your games collection and playing all of your favorite Stadia Pro games.

StadiaPro-FebruaryGames-ComingSoon-4.jpg

Don’t miss out

January 31 is your last chance to grab Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration and SAMURAI SHODOWN free on Stadia Pro. Both games will be available through the end of the month. Claim them both right now.

Stadia Pro deals

We’ve got new special savings for Pro subscribers. From January 28 to February 5, get 60% off Mortal Kombat 11 and select content on Stadia, including:

• Mortal Kombat 11 for $24.00 USD
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition for $36.00 USD
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack for $16.00 USD

Also, from January 28 to February 4, get 40% off Just Dance 2020 and 60% off Trials Rising, including:

• Just Dance 2020 for $29.99 USD
  • Trials Rising for $10.00 USD
  • Trials Rising - Digital Gold Edition for $16.00 USD

That’s it for this week. Until next time, enjoy playing.

---------

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
86 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide
Loving these free games. These are games I wouldn't ever buy but since they're free I'll give them a try! It might spark a new genre interest who knows! Here I come GYLT!
Community Member
👍
Community Member
That's awesome news!! Was hoping the leaks were true, but the pro deals on top of the new free games just adds to the value. Gonna get me some Trials Rising!! 🙂
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Nice games....great work and thank you.

Community Member
Great Games. Will love to play them. But the sale is a bit sad.
Community Member
Woah, nice! Looking forward to trying out GYLT, and who knows? Maybe Metro.
Community Member

kewl!

Community Member

I’m excited to play Metro Exodus and Gylt this weekend!

Founder
Founder

Glad I did not buy GYLT last week, and since we also get Metro, I'll run it a second time, it's totally worth it!

Thanks Google for these free games!

Community Member
Haven't played either game so I'm looking forward to giving these a go on Saturday. 👍
Community Member
Remember.... act surprised 😄
Community Member
Great....2 games I just brought. Brilliant :S
Founder
Founder

Seriously cool Pro games and steep discounts, thank you!!  Gylt is AMAZING and while it was worth the price on release, it makes me happy knowing other people will get to play it who may not have!

Community Member

Great. Now, what about news regarding the 120 supposed games slated to release this year or the 10 exclusive games that are supposed to release by mid-year?

Community Member

Looking forward to play GYLT over the weekend!

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Hi, is Exodus the GOLD version? Needs to be.

Community Member
WOW, really excited about these 2 games! Thank You! Any news on new games for the month of February @StadiaTeam ?
Founder
Founder

Thanks Stadia! 

Founder
Founder

Pretty happy with the free games, would have been keen to buy Metro anyway so free is even better. Mostly excited about the discounts right now tho....Mortal Kombat would be awesome and at £8 trials rising must be worth a punt...

Community Member

Where is Doom 2016

Community Member

Great job, you guys!

Founder
Founder

Can we get better communication? The lack of games this month and the lack of communication from Google is really making Stadia look bad to outsiders and making us insiders worry. Much of that could have been headed off with a blog post on why there were no games this month and what yall are doing to correct the issue for the future. 

Community Member

It's unfortunate that I have already purchased both games.

Community Member

I'm very glad that Gylt is one of the free games of february. All games since launch build a nice base for founders. I hope thet they will keep this pace and that they will launch new features soon. Shadow of the tomb raider is missing in my collection btw. 😉

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

GENIAL!!!

MUY BIEN STADIA, INCREIBLES JUEGOS, MUY CONTENTO DE PERTENECER A ESTA COMUNIDAD, DESDE EL PRIMER DIA LOS QUE CREIMOS EN, STADIA, SABIENDO QUE ESTO IBA A SER LA REVOLUCION EN EL MUNDO DE LOS JUEGOS, POCO A POCO VAMOS VIENDO QUE HICIMOS UNA CORRECTA ELECCION... 

ANIMO CHICOS, SEGUIR ASIN

Community Member

Thank you Stadia for the great free games 🙂

I wasn't expecting these tow games but a great choice

Thank you a lot 🙂

Community Member

Thumbs up for these games! 👍

@OgyJoe  

Yeah well, thats really unfortunate bud. But at least you own them now on Stadia. Meaning that even if you cancel your sub at some point, you still have them. But hopefully google hear people like you, coz thats one of the things im also very carefully about now, by buying stuff on stadia especially on monthly ends. I would really like see a change of this in the future.

Community Member
Is it possible to upgrade from Trials (bought it a couple of weeks ago 🙃) to Trials Gold Edition?
Community Member

@StadiaTeam I am a founder and purchased Gylt as the platform Exclusive on the day of release, I am still a Pro member, will I be receiving a refund for my purchase now that Gylt was made free for users.  It just seems totally unfair for people that are buying these games and they are free without any calendar or notice.  This is a horrible business practice since it has happened with people purchasing the Tomb Raider titles.  Please refund my account my stadia founder name is SalamiAttack.  

I will remain a Prop member but this just seems horribly planned if you are not giving advanced notice for Free Games for at least a 3-4 month window.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

With Gylt I will try to get my wife to try Stadia.

Please Google do what you have to do bring us STAR CITIZEN !!!!

Just do it.

Community Member

Great news, indeed.

Keep it that way and you'll have a loyal subscriber forever.

Community Member
Good thing I didn't already buy Metro XD
Founder
Founder

Great games agreed but like many others I  bought Metro Exodus the other week (with half a mind that it would end up as a pro game this month) it's tough to be motivated to buy any games when there's a good chance they will be free so soon down the line.

Hopefully we'll see some newness in the coming weeks and this won't be so much of an issue.

Community Member

https://twitter.com/MarcARodriguez/status/1222242245358891008?s=19 

I am requesting a refund for all Pro Founders, who bought this at launch and now are being fed nonsense business practices @StadiaTeam 

Community Member

I've already paid for Metro Exodus. It's annoying that it is now free!

More importantly, when are you going to release some decent games and have a better selection. 

I've paid for beta testing it seems and I haven't got any confidence in where you are going with this. 

Founder
Founder

@Shadowdarck I saw somewhere that is specifically said not Gold but I didn't notice the specification with the official announcement.

Founder
Founder

@Wooped_doop  couldn't agree more..

Essentially anytime you buy a game you're gambling that you're not just paying for 31 days (max) earlier access

While not obliged to refund as "that's life" it's pretty poor

Founder
Founder
God, have you people never heard of our encountered the "I bought this game a while back"-problem from other platform. It's very noticeable because of the library size. Announcing Pro games for the upcoming months could highly hurt sales though, hurting the platform. Almost Every game will eventually be included. That's just the way it is, nothing new for Stadia. You either wait for the game to become included, or you but it and play it right now. Your choice. Refunding the first Tomb Raider was necessary since it just released on Stadia, and with a steep discount. The pr team was very clear that this wouldn't be the case with future pro games. Pretending that Stadia is an evil company if you bought Gylt at launch is sad. I get that it's a bummer, I would feel that way too. But get over it.
Community Member

The biggest problem here is the library size. They've got their work cut out there to keep people interested.

They could release small amounts of information more regularly to show that they are moving things along.

Community Member

Great, games I already bought. Thanks for teaching me to not buy things from Stadia lest it be given away later.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Thanks ! Can’t wait to play this weekend 😁

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I said that if there were discounts I would acquire an additional title ... Well I have not used your discounts but I just purchased RDR2. Very happy of my subscription for those 4K HDR.  I never thought of playing such high graphic quality ... thanks for the next gen.

Community Member

Pro Deals for 3 games? 3? That's .. it's not even disappointing anymore. It's actually expected at this point... I really hope Stadia will become a success in 2020, but I don't see how, yet..

Stadia Player
Stadia Player
Viva Stadia!!! 😄
Community Member

I like this perfect release-mixture between indie-game and mainstream every month. The stadia team is choosing wisely so far.

Community Member

Years and years I've been trying to dodge buying games that might be going free on PSN, XBL etc, and now Stadia. It happens, and I've been stung by it many times before. This is not a new thing, and pretty much matches the industry standard, so those getting narked at Stadia for this should bear that in mind - in fact when they started offering refunds for Tomb Raider for that exact same thing I thought that was a really good gesture, even though I knew it was only a one off. 

I myself already own both Gylt and Metro: Exodus, so I have been stung by it. Yet at the same time I know that if my pro subscription expires then I will still have access to those games permanently, so that's the added bonus of having brought them. So in that regard i can happily live with it and am not in any way soured by it 🙂 

Community Member

"Yet at the same time I know that if my pro subscription expires then I will still have access to those games permanently, [...]"

I guess by 'permanently' you mean 'as long as Stadia exists'... And that won't be very long if Google doesn't come up with some extremely awesome offers, like must have exclusive games, seriously competitive deals and 99% stable connectivity, before PS5, XBSX and xCloud launch this year..

Community Member

Looking for some people to play NBA 2K 20 with. The park is always empty I'm the only one in every park I ever join

Community Member

@Dunnkare This isn't an issue that would affect Stadia exclusively. If Sony, Microsoft, Steam etc ceased to exist then access to digital games on those platforms would potentially be lost too.

If something like Amazon Video ended, anything you bought on that could be gone too. Anything you take on digital rights for may not necessarily be future proof. 

This is the world we live in, the digital age, and the inherent problems that will bring will affect most things in the same way and it is a risk we are all going to have to take on to be part of it.

I totally understand everyone's frustrations though, I'm not immune to it, I've just been into this gaming malarkey for a very long time and have had to learn patience 😂

Community Member

Free AND not region locked would be nice.

Czech republic. Not one game free. Though it would work perfectly fine