Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: Darksiders Genesis

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
38 61 13.9K

This Week on Stadia:

We are happy to announce the availability of another amazing game coming to Stadia. Starting at 9am PST, gamers will be able to purchase, and within moments, be playing the hotly anticipated Darksiders Genesis!

For the first time in the franchise, you can play in two-player co-op! So grab a buddy and tear through hordes of demons, angels and everything in between. Or play solo and switch between War and Strife, with guns blazing and swords swinging. Take part in an immersive story of intrigue and suspense set against a fantastic, post-apocalyptic backdrop of otherworldly powers. Darksiders Genesis will be available starting today for $39.99

And for those of you who haven’t yet claimed your free Stadia Pro games, Destiny 2: The Collection, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Farming Simulator 19 Platinum Edition and SAMURAI SHODOWN are waiting to be picked up and played by all Stadia Pro subscribers.

And don’t forget you can invite a friend to Stadia using your Buddy Pass, and give them three free months of Stadia Pro today. You can do that by simply clicking the envelope icon on the Home screen of your Stadia app, and sending your gaming friends an invite to join the fun.

Stadia-NewArrivals-Darksiders.jpg

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
61 Comments
Community Member
Looking forward to giving this game a try! Are y'all looking into changing release times to match with PlayStation & Xbox at any point? Looking forward to seeing what other games are coming to this platform!
Community Member
Come.on google, be better at the internet. Don't tweet out that it's available when it ain't. I know it clarifies the release time in the link but people just gonna look at the tweet.
Community Member

@Mr_JtowN I'm sorry, what?  In this case, the game comes out now while if it was matched to xbox/ps4, it wouldn't be releasing until feb.

Community Member

Was looking at grabbing this for the Xbox, might as well grab it here instead 👌🏻

Community Member

Founder here.  Not quite sure I understand your pricing for this.  Steam has it for $29.99 (on sale for $25.49), but you're selling for $39.99?  I love the Stadia premise, but don't understand why it would be more expensive here.  You should be driving customers to your store, not sending them other places.  I'd be curious to see the PS4 and XBox pricing when it comes out as well.  Can't imagine it would be $40...

Community Member
Kinda sucks the official Stadia Twitter page said out now, when it's not lol You guys need to talk to each other more 😂
Community Member
Bad communication on Twitter again, it says available now...
Community Member

Hm, the price is very high. Steam has listed it for 29,99 and in preorder about 26. 

I think most of us would buy it for 30 and not 40.

Community Member

Terrible pricing, especially for Founders. I get that it matches the console price, but that version isn't out till Feb. Not a good look for promised "competitive" pricing when it's almost $15 cheaper on PC thanks to the week 1 discount on Steam.

Community Member
Any UK Pricing available?
Community Member
The price is unacceptable!!! The price in Steam is 29.9 and you buy a code more cheaper. I can't understand Google Stadia's pricing policy. Where are the offers for PRO users? Stadia is a wonderful platform to play video games but with this prices will never triumph.
Community Member

ist THIS 60fps? cauz, seriously... I don't want another 30fps game, cauz a developer means it's better to play 🤷🏻‍♂️😒

Community Member

@InstantKarmaUK wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s £39.99. 

Community Member
Thanks for the Update looking forward to play this Keep up the great work like the system so far
Community Member

Darksiders Genesis is 29,99 € full priced on steam.

In pre-order there is a -15% discount.

Could you confirm the price on Stadia is 39,99 € ?

Why is there such a difference ?

Community Member

@shaunbutter Really hope not.  £26.99 for the PC and £34.99 on PS4.  I imagine they'll sit at the £34.99 mark, but I wish they'd try and hit £26.99.  I really don't understand where the big divide in pricing comes in between formats that use the same media.  If it's fairly easy to port to Stadia, then the price should reflect that.  Almost an extra third of the price in mark up seems pretty steep!

Community Member

@InstantKarmaUK Tbh i'd be 100% happy if they just matched PS4 prices as that is what I pay now, unfortunately that's not really been the case so far.

Community Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Google

Assassin's Creed at 69.99€

HahahahahhHhahah Hahahahahahahahahahahaha 

These prices are amazing, w8 for my money 

source (2).gif

Community Member

Really 40 euros? when on other platforms such as steam, Xbox is at 29.99 euros or less.
These are not competitive prices.

Community Member
@Settus @anfaos @Exar the price is the same in all platforms except PC. https://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-Genesis-PlayStation-4/dp/B07SQ94Z53?th=1 You can check the pre-order on Amazon.
Community Member
Brill bringing games to stadia but I think you need to get your prices in check 😞 most the games I would have bought have been cheaper else where 😕
Community Member

Good. Very good. I will properly get this on Stadia. However, the price should match the competition. Steam asks for 29.99, not 39.99... Also, information regarding what resolution and FPS the game is delivered with, should be available to the consumers. 

Community Member

What happened to competitive pricing? Steam has it for $29.99 and if pre-ordered, $26.99. I'm not paying $39.99 when I can easily save $14 bucks instantly.

Community Member

@brunocalmon Thanks for your link.

The main trouble here is that : PC version is less expensive toward consoles (both physical support). As a "non"-physical service it makes more sense to follow Steam pricing.

Moreover Stadia a junior competitor and needs to be more "agressive" to capture some new players.

The fact that there is no Pro deal this week + the "console" kind of pricing is very disappointing to me.

I was considering to buy the game, but 25€/29€ on Steam compared to 40$ on Stadia ... my choice is easy.

Community Member

I am not going to buy games for these prices. If this will be the norm, I'll stick with Steam

Community Member
Bonjours je suis utilisateur stadia en France et j'aimerais savoir quand sortira t'il en France car sur le store il n'est pas présent. J'ai testé tout les onglet et fouillé méticuleusement pour être sûr de ne pas me trompé. Merci de votre réponse futur.
Community Member

Wow, can't wait for you guys to launch actually *good* games. 

Community Member

@raven57fr : 9AM PST = 18h00 Paris time

Community Member
@Exar yes, I agree if you, they should look for better prices, but as far as I know who price the is the developer not Stadia, I think the max they can do is try to convince them too, and probably they have. Now, I don't have PC at the moment since I've move to another country, and no consoles, so for me pay $40 isn't that expensive if you think that I'll not need to buy a console or build a high end PC for that. Maybe if you already have a good specs PC Stadia is not for you, but after a few years when no game are running on your machine anymore you can see this prices in a different way. Ok, we pay "full-price" for the games, but this is not true because you are not counting with the hardware price to run it. A high end machine costs more than $2000, consoles costs $300-$400, with this amount how many games you could buy? And all machine has it's time to obsolesce and you will have to buy a new one, next year you have to buy the PS5 for $500, and the next, and the next... and your PSONE, PS2, PS3, PS4 games are getting lost cuz this don't runs on the nextgen and so on. Without mention the mobility, I can play the game anyplace I go with wifi available, today I was playing AC at the lunch time, on my mobile... So I think you should considering all of this variable when we are talking about price and value. But yeah, maybe in your case it worths more buying the PC version, in my case is not and maybe in the next 5 years your case will be the same of mine.
Community Member

I’m not overly upset about the pricing but I think it’s important to decide whether you are competing with consoles or PCs? Technically your platform is streaming slightly modified PC games. The fact that we can use a controller makes it more accessible to legacy console users, but these are PC games nonetheless. Therefore Steam is the closest competitor. Further more as publishers are not having to pay console licenses or the cost if producing packaging, shipping, storage etc., savings should be passed on to users - a la Steam. I get that this is a new hybrid market and as such everybody is testing consumers for price elasticity - but as you have seen, games in general do tend to be more switched on consumers and negativity travels very fast. 

Community Member

@Rokk My thoughts too. In my head its more a competition with PC and not Consoles.

Community Member

Currently the games cost as much as the most expensive versions or more.
There simply is little to no reason to pay more to play on Stadia. It just launched and the games are pricey.
If they are aiming at people that cant afford gaming hardware, the expensive games kinda defeat the point of that.

If you argue that Stadia has the benefit of low hardware cost and portability I can say that PC has the benefit of game mods and lower prices. Xbox has the benefit of large communities and simplicity. Switch has the benefit of portability. Playstation has amazing exclusives.

Having some kind of benefit is a basis to getting more people to buy your product, not to have higher prices.

Community Member

@Stewapet @Hexbozen this is a port to a new platform. In almost every situation this is the case for the price. for example. If a game releases on platform A for 60 dollars, but it doesn't release on platform B, C, or D. Then 6 months to a year later, the developers release the fame on platform B, C, and D. The price for Platform B, C, and D, are going to be the same price as it was originally launched on platform A. It takes time and resources for the developers to port a product over to a different platform. charging the regular retail price alleviates that.

they are not targeting people that already own the game on a potentially superior platform. this is for new users and potentially new gamers to enjoy games they haven't in the past.

on the flip side it would be nice to sync current accounts such as steam, or sony account. and if you show that u have a digital purchase of the same game already you could get a repurchasing discount. chances are this would not happen as you don't currently get a discount from playstation for purchasing a game from them that you already own on xbox for example.

Community Member
To anyone who may think the pricing of this game is high. Do some simple research and you’ll find PS4/XBox/Switch versions (from Target and Best Buy as two examples) will retail at $39.99. Not everyone runs a PC environment in order to pay on Steam. Most PC gamers have high end machines with enhanced chipsets and graphics processors which is an expensive proposition if you want high-end, hitch-free gameplay. Console play is the lion share of the gamer market. If you own one, $40 is average for a title. In addition, Stadia offers you more platform play options than you’d get on console OR Steam. And besides, not sure Google is in the position to dictate pricing on everything.
Community Member
Founder here. Just bought it on Steam. Why is it so expansive on Stadia? You have to push your service after this "great" launch! Oo It's time to bring some positive News about Stadia now. It's on you google...
Community Member

Not seeing it to purchase yet, but I'm at work anyhow, looking forward to playing when I get home!!

Community Member

It should compare with PC Games, not with Console Games. Why? Steam and GOG have the same release date as stadia for darkside genesis. Only difference now is 10 Euro.

Community Member
I get that people see a game cheaper elsewhere and that makes them question purchasing on this platform, which is understandable. However I do think there are other things to consider. Using Stadia does grant more options, perhaps no one really sees the benefits yet since this service is so new and there are plenty of features currently missing, not to mention future features none of us may yet be considering. Sure you can buy this cheaper on Steam currently, but you do have to download and install on a PC. Then you don't have the option of playing on other devices for example or worry about maintaining a physical device. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to pay more for anything, but at least take into consideration the fact that this is very new to everyone, Google included. Those that currently have Stadia, I would consider this early access. As others have mentioned a much bigger release will be coming early next year. I know of plenty of other games that had a pre-order bonus of early access and maybe some in game items. Aren't you also paying more for that just to get the same game with other features? I just think we are getting a little petty in the complaints sometimes. Then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Community Member

Will this be the only new game today?

Community Member

@LoneAssassin Unfortunately.

Community Member

Based on current pricing, i will play the free “pro” games, will not buy games that i could get cheaper on different consoles, at least for my 3 months included, after that, will see if pricing is improved or will directly cancel everything and sell the controller

Community Member

Big FAIL on the pricing. This price is NOT competitive (less than $30 on Steam). I was so looking forward to this, but Google and THQ Nordic, you just lost what was going to be a sale. 

Community Member
Seriously, why so many complaints about competitive pricing???? Of course pc is going to be cheaper, it always is and always will be. Just a reminder but they are also more competitive than both PS4 and Xbox and have been for the entire generation.
Community Member
Would be good to have a video in stadia mobile interface store when selecting a game before buying
Community Member

Love how people dont get that your playing it off the internet and it takes money to contain the servers your not downloading anything...... Not like your downloading it to your computer.... People complain about everything..... I'm just happy I dont have to download crap and worry about it crashing my computer or other crap sorry if ten more dollars breaks your banks lmfao suck it up ha ha ha 

Community Member

@shaunbutter It is £34.99

Community Member

Genuinely curious, how come the Stadia version is more expensive than the Steam version? Was this a publisher deal with Steam or a mistake by Google?

Community Member

Thank goodness for these posts I feel like I would miss stuff do to me not being a daily user.

Community Member

Excluding sales and other promotional incentives, prices across all platforms are always the same. $60 for AAA games, and less for Indies and older games. That's a standard practice, why they are charging more on Stadia vs Steam? People on Xbox and PS4 will be pissed too when they find out its retail price is going to be $40 too. $30 was the right price, $40 is a fail. If people disagree, cover that extra $10 for me and I'll buy it. 

Community Member

Some really dumb people on here .Despite telling people plenty of times Stadia do not set the prices for games !.The publisher does ! I for one thing £34.99 is a decent price.Go buy it on Steam or wherever else you have seen it cheaper and stop moaning for god's sake !