cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week on Stadia: DOOM Eternal, The Division 2, and Spawn!

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
58 49 17.4K

It’s an electrifying week in Stadia news as a pair of long-anticipated shooters arrive. One challenges players to exercise fluid, instant reactions and mid-air melee combat, the other demands precise teamwork, superb accuracy, and perfect cooperation. Meanwhile, in the depths of the Netherrealm, a dark hero rises to take his place among a pantheon of Kombatants.

DOOM Eternal

The godfather of first person shooters returns in DOOM Eternal, with more speed and heavy metal riffs than ever before. There’s not a lot more that needs to be said about this. It’s DOOM. It’s awesome. You should play it. You can buy DOOM Eternal on March 20 in the Stadia store for $59.99 USD.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2

In Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, take down enemies in an action shooter experience that challenges your teamwork. The Division 2 is available right now for purchase in the Stadia store for $9.90 USD (67% off).

Also available today on Stadia: The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion. Return to New York City to continue your agent’s story. Buy The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion for $29.99 USD on the Stadia store.

Spawn joins Mortal Kombat 11

Spawn is coming to Mortal Kombat 11. Powered by Necroplasm, Spawn takes down foes with a wicked cape and chains, and now you can use him to pummel Sub-Zero. Spawn comes to Mortal Kombat 11 today in early access, and March 24 for full release. To add Spawn to your lineup, pickup the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack in the Stadia store for $5.99 USD.

This week’s Stadia Pro deals

Stadia Pro subscribers can also save on a number of games in the Stadia store this week. For a limited time, Pro subscribers can grab these games at a reduced price.

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for $19.80 USD (67% off)
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Stadia Ultimate Edition for $39.60 USD (67% off)
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass for $20 USD (50% off)
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint $19.80 USD (67% off)
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint Gold Edition $35 USD (65% off)
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ultimate Edition $42 USD (65% off)
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint Season Pass $23.99 USD (40% off)
  • Just Dance 2020 $34.99 USD (30% off)
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 $9.90 USD (67% off)
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Warlords of New York Edition $40.19 USD (33% off)
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Ultimate Edition $59.99 USD (25% off)
  • Trials Rising $10 USD (60% off)
  • Trials Rising Digital Gold Edition $16 USD (60% off)
  • Trials Rising Expansion Pass $10 USD (50% off)

That’s it for this week. If you want to keep up with the day-to-day newest on Stadia and get alerts when this blog drops every week, be sure to follow us on Twitter! Now go grab your controller and get playing.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (1)
49 Comments
Community Member

What a great update! 

Community Member

LIT! 😍

Community Member

**bleep** those are some juicy deals. 👀

Might be time to finally buy AC!

Community Member

Woah now those are some good deals!

Community Member

I'm so excited for DOOM Eternal it is actually the reason I got Stadia in the first place. I hope the system can handle the awesomeness of the game! 

Community Member

There's quite a few games here to pick up, both in sale and upcoming. Makes me wish I didn't have reduced hours at work to afford them all. 

Community Member

Could someone explain why the ‘Pro Deals’ on The Divison 2 are basically the same prices that Ubisoft set for the game on every other platform anyway? Didn’t they want to discount their game at launch on Stadia and Google is now subsidising the deals to match the current sales on the other platforms? Or is Google intentionally locking a standard publisher sale behind their own subscription in order to promote subs?

I’d expect ‘Pro deals’ to offer an actual discount (like PS+ and Deals with Gold), not having to pay extra just to get access to a reduced price the publisher had set anyway.

Community Member

Yeeeaaaaahhhhh!

Community Member

Great update going to pass on the division garbage tho Ubisoft ready suckered me into buying it when I thought I was buying a ghost recon game, instead for meat with gear levels and a this other trash that was never once in a ghost recon game but u can find it all in the division games. In other words I already bought The Division:ghost recon breakpoint. I don't need two of those games. 😝

Community Member

@Robert, all of those sales go back to full price one the are done. They aren't "set". Base Division 2 is $30 on XBOX right now ... its $10 on Stadia. Go cry somewhere else please ... 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/division-2

Community Member

What's a brother gotta do to get Football Manager 2020 on a Stadia Pro deal? 😄

Community Member

I'm loving it. Keep up the good work 💪

Community Member

@Sho 

Bad choice Division have better performance than Ghost Recon (60fps vs 10fps)

Well in two have a coronavirus crisis.

Now we need Watch Dogs to be complete doctrine.

11 33 5G 60Ghz Starlink philanthropy

Community Member

Great update!

still waiting for COD tho!

Community Member

Any chance to see, before 2021, a discount in football manager???

Community Member

@Silvertipp: Scroll down on the page you linked and check the current sales on the new versions of the game, not just the one year old base game (which - btw - is still $10 directly from Ubisoft and had even been available for $3 on all stores right before the DLC launched). You’ll find exactly the same prices as now with Stadia’s Pro Deals, but without a subsidy from Microsoft/the requirement for Xbox Live Gold. Begging the question why on Stadia they aren’t either...

... available to everyone, because it’s simply the discounted price the publisher has set for the game, or...

... cheaper on Stadia, because ‘Pro Deals’ implicates that Google subsidises those for its paying subscribers, e.g. like Sony does with the PS+ Double Discounts and Microsoft with Deals with Gold.

Stadia Pro Deals are limited time offers as well, so I’m not sure what exactly your point is or how it relates to any of the questions I asked. 

Community Member

DDAAAAAAAAMNNNNNN ♡♡♡♡♡♡

Community Member

Fantastic update, thanks so much! I am really glad I waited to get Division 2 on Stadia; the ability to see what your teammates are seeing in real time is just simply incredible! I hope these sale prices continue because my library would expand in a heartbeat!

Community Member

@Whito 

Well like I said, ubi "suckered" me into buying ANY division in the first place.

So regardless of the "performance" they are BOTH bad choices imo. 

As I have mentioned before ghost recon never used to have all this RPG bs. It was a military fps which focused more so on strategy and tactics. Not ONCE did u ever have to worry about  "gear levels" "abilities" "weapon levels" etc. Guess what franchise does have all this RPG bs in it? THE DIVISION! u also never (in ghost recon games) ran around just "looting" guns and equipment etc. N again what DO YOU DO THAT IN? The division games.

Sorry maybe u can make SOME comparison to wildlands (but that game was the START of all this BS aka the END of Ghost recon) I'm telling you go play an ORIGINAL ghost recon game. Then play breakpoint then play any trash division game. N it won't FEEEL in anyway shape or form like a ghost recon game but will def feel 100% like the division. N it's sad. U have the division for people who LIKE that style/kind of game. Congrats now for ruining ghost recon games and turning them into the division because as an old school ghost recon player no dude it's not f*cken even CLOSE to ghost recon games. 

So again they SUCKERED me. I'd never willingly buy any division games. As I said before if I'm looking for all that g*y f*ggot a** rpg trash I will go play an RPG aka WoW when I'm trying to play a "military shooter" seriously keep ALLLLLLLLLLLL that trash gear level, weapon level, abilities lmao like all that trash rpg stuff in RPGs. Or again keep them in their said games (the division) no need to ruin ghost recon like they did by just making it a division clone. 

So "performance" or not ubi can keep their "division" games $100 $60 this current $10 sale or even free they all remain garbage to me and the only time ubi will get me to buy one or play one (cause again even if given it for free) is when they sucker me like they just did by masking their division games in a game like Ghost recon. 

All I know as an old school ghost recon  player I bought breakpoint going into it thinking and feeling I was going to be getting a new Ghost recon game and I left feeling like I was playing a division game just in a forest setting.

The game is now one of my unplayed games that just sits in the back collecting dust I think the Terminator event was one of the only things that made me actually play it for a long time other than that I just don't even touch the game, and why because again as an old school Ghost recon player I'm telling you right now the game literally has ZERO Ghost recon feeling to it. Aside from the obvious military setting.

Community Member

**bleep**ing fantastic. Where is all the good stuff you're talking about before I buy this game as one of the first in Norway

Community Member

Heck yes, highlight of my week was reading this update! Such great sales, a good and fair price for the division 2, doom coming soon, such a great community update! Thank you Stadia community team!

Community Member

nice google

Community Member

@Sho 

Might I recommend playing the beta versions before buying them. 
not sure if stadia will be offering those in the future but they are available on all the other platforms.

Community Member

So I was really unlucky as I purchased Division2 at full price about 2hrs before sale priced dropped in pro deals.

I reached out to Google for refund and they said that it did not meet with their refund policy criteria... as i have played game for over 2hrs.

A lesson here.... don't buy a game as soon as it appears or if you do don't play it until 4 hrs later.

Community Member

Great Job!!!

Community Member

any other info about version bundle or launch bonus for Doom Eternal? we will have only a stadard version? 

Community Member

@Sho 

I understand your feelings and share them. They are games as a service so they lose their essence.

The developers are not the same either, they are much younger with other ideals. It is no longer an art, it is just an industry.

Being that they are similar games although different genre I wanted to emphasize that Division has good performance although graphically it still has a bad port. Ghost Recon has a PS3 performance.

I did not know that you already had Ghost Recon, so I recommended Division.

Beyond the theme we want ULTRA 4K 60 FPS games.

Community Member
Community Member

That Doom trailer!!! So many links to the original Doom game this has me tempted....

Community Member

Nice job! 

There are some chance to have games by Quantic dream studios, like Detroit, heavy rain and so on?

Community Member

Discount on 2k anytime soon? 😬😬😬

Community Member

Any  word on when wireless controller support  will be available on a pixlebook go? 

Community Member

I will be doing a breakdown video of this later on today on my YouTube Channel.

Check it out: Stadia Weekly1

Community Member

<iframe width="330" height="186" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M4o1vuT5lV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Community Member
Community Member

Oh I'm sorry I try to put a youtube video, but idk how insert link in this blog...no preview options... so... sorry.

Well I don't OwO

Community Member

Just purchased The Division 2 and I'll be making a purchase on Doom as well. Nice one Stadia, effin love it!!!!!

Community Member

Where is Doom? Fans are just waiting 🙂

Community Member

already 00:30 CET and still hitting that sweet F5 button on shop :x
anyone knows which timezone stadia shop refreshes? ^^''

Community Member

@Defender833 

Yeah, here now 00:45 CET

Look at your post time. Its 03-19-2020 04:32 PM 
Means we have to wait 7:30 hours :-))

Community Member

Will doom be available at 12am local time or is it locked to PST? @StadiaTeam 

Community Member

Super excited for Doom. In the future I hope to have FIFA and then maybe FFVII original release in tandem with the remake 😅

Community Member

Thanks for the pro deals! I bought a Founders Edition for Doom 2016 so I could finally play it before Eternal came out (which I am amped for on Stadia)...but where is Doom 2016?! I know I'm not the only one wondering this... I guess I will keep hammering away at Destiny an maybe pick up Divison in the meantime.... Aside from a disappointing lack of Doom 2016, I am very pleased to be an early Stadi adopter- thanks for all the hard work from the Stadia team!

Community Member

Some good stuff here! Assassins Creed is really tempting I haven’t played one since Revelations. Might need to fix that.

Community Member

I'm excited for Div 2 and DE, but my problem is there are so many games, so little time! But I'm happy to see excellent titles on my platform of choice. 

Community Member

Stadia for Life!

Community Member

Picked up division 2 today. I'm loving the ability to cross play with others! Keep making games cross play so I can enjoy the games online!

Community Member

The Division 2 runs extremely well!

Nice work everyone!

Community Member

Gotta say I am impressed with how good the 4K HDR Doom Eternal looks on Stadia with the chromecast Ultra. I only use those settings while Wired to my ethernet tho otherwise it underperforms (I use Balanced data if on Wifi)...