Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia in the New Year

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
369 194 128K

Hi everybody,

When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming. Stadia is an evolving platform, and we've been busy in the two months since launch adding great content, features and ways to play. Among others, we have:

• Added more great games to the Stadia library, including six titles to Stadia Pro
  • Welcomed Typhoon Studios to our Stadia Games and Entertainment family
  • Updated all Chromecast Ultras so you can play Stadia on more screens
  • Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements
  • Delivered a multiplayer first for gamers with Stream Connect's debut in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Surprised Stadia founders with a second buddy pass to game with more of their friends. 

We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia. Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch. We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon.

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

There is a lot more in store for this year. In the meantime, we hope gamers are gearing up for some great new games and experiences. Toward the end of this month, we will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February.

We appreciate all of the support and feedback we've had with our earliest fans, and we hope they're as excited about 2020 as we are.

______

By: Stadia Team

194 Comments
Community Member

Hallo allemaal. 

Net als velen hoop ik dat de gezinsfunctie snel zal worden uitgerold. 

Community Member

Tried out my founders edition for the first time today using the stadia app/Chrome version and played a bit of Destiny 2. I was positively surprised about how little input lag Stadia has (I still have nightmares from the "Onlive" streaming experience), but i'd appreciate some attention to the visual experience, which by the looks of it is part of googles focus over the next few months.

I hope more games offer cross saves like Destiny 2, which would make Stadia even more interesting as playing when you are away from home is suddenly a much more attractive option. I don't like starting over from zero....

Thanks

Community Member
You asked and you should receive awesomeness !!! and Have you thought about community game ideas of the future???
Community Member

That's awesome but I/we need more games now. A lot of the games I already have on either console or PC and am not going to buy again for yet another platform. We need some low cost indie games like: Where come the Mystery Teens, Disco Elysium, The Pedestrian, Moons of Madness, etc.

Just other stuff to pad the library with games that aren't Triple A and do not cost $60.

Community Member

I'm very excited as well. Unfortunately 10 exclusives is misleading. They are only "Timed Exclusives"  Please Stadia drop 1 - 2 actual really good exclusives this year and please be ready to go to war with Xbox Series X and PS5 by time they come out. It would be a good idea to have Ray Tracing before they come out  

Community Member

120 titles - I guess Uplay+ will be going live this year. Can't wait to see how many games it will deliver. Even the EA cooperation should start 2020.

More important than tthat would be taking advantage of the 10.7 TF so that Stadia Games will run better than on Xbox One X wich delivers 6 TF. I hope devellopers will give their very best.

Love looking in a good future with stadia.

Community Member
Thank you! Can't wait for Uplay+ beeing added though! (:
Community Member

Good news and all but it would be nice to actually tell us what some of these games even are. I'm sure yall dont want to over hype after what happened at the soft launch but keeping 120 games essentially a secret is lame. Especially when games like Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk, which were huge selling points for the platform being delayed (no fault of yours obviously). We need more big games to make up the difference here. Personally I'd love to see Madden, Would love to finally get ESO, Monster Hunter world, Witcher 3, Rocket League, etc. We need to get going on s'more casual pick-up games for the community to get involved and grow together. Think D2 is the big stadia community game currently and it's clearly faltering. Anyways just my 2 cents, but at the very least hoping for some actual info on what we're getting and hoping it's quality over quantity. 

Community Member

There is no way to let my children play, unless they are on my account. This is straight from Google support. My phone call left me very puzzled. I bought 4 controllers and 3 Chromecast Ultras. Only 1 controller and one ultra were packaged together as a set and so with everything purchased I was only able to create one account. For my 4 children to play a game on Stadia, they can only continue each other's progress. They most be logged into my account and can only play on one screen at a time. I was told in order for my kids to play and save there own progress I am required to purchase 4 more stadia bundles and purchase each game 4 more times. I literally asked the rep on the phone if "now that you said that out loud, doesn't it sound rediculous?". He said no. He repeatedly told me that I agreed to it in the terms that I'm never going to read. After an hour and a half on the phone (mostly waiting), I also was told that the base stadia would be out eventually ( no ETA) and so we wouldn't have to pay $10/month for a subscription afterwards. Though, 4k, monthly he's and any other benefits would only be available to the paid account. Also, this would still require paying for games multiple times. So much more amazingly dumb things happened on my phone call, but I will rest here. I seriously doubt that this is the direction of Stadia and things like this will be figured out EVENTUALLY I am just expressing what I was told by Stadia support reps. The hype, for me, is gone. I would rather have invested in a competitors console.

Founder
Founder

"we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone" should be set in bold, or carved into stone, make a tattoo, whatever, this is good news!

Founder
Founder

Style, it was very clear, the family service is not available at Founders launch and is something they are working on.

Founder
Founder

Dinn, if they could share that info they would, you don't announce anyone else's business until contracts are signed and deals are complete. What they are saying is 120 games are currently looking to get on the platform for this year, and that is great news. 

Founder
Founder

Thank you, I have been and continue to look forward to the future of Stadia! 🙂 

Community Member

I have three friends I game with regularly. None of them even want a free buddy pass. 

This launch has been super disappointing and I feel like I wasted money, and you tell me "don't worry, keep paying for this mediocre service and things will get better later".

This is the saddest game platform launch ever. Let me know when I can have another 3 months of Premium with the features promised before launch.

Founder
Founder
drachen, ill take em, send me a pm 😄
Community Member

@drachen

well, thats odd. I really don't know, wether you guys trolling around with comments like this or just wanting to provocate but these buddy passes costs sometimes over 50 bucks on ebay. Pretty expensive and well wanted. 🙄

I would even take one to just sell it for a good amount..

Community Member

A pleasant experience isn't truthful. As well as everything listed in this post are thing that should have been available at launch. I guess you had to get the early beta testers' money to make sure that there was an audience for your product at all. I guess we'll see how this year turns out because if you fail to gain any real ground this year Stadia is  done!

Community Member

@ChronosP  I spent $130 on Stadia before I knew how useless it was. Same idea.

What value have I gotten? I can't even play it on my phone or cross platform. I get a couple old games for free? Big deal.

Your reply doesn't do anything to respond to any problems I have with Stadia. This catalogue should be much larger and feature set should be much more expansive. Stuff promised before launch should have been available in November and new features should be available by now.

Community Member
Great! more empty promises. Keep at it while I enjoy my PC + Steam. 😉
Community Member

Agree with many others. iOS gameplay support really needs to be a priority. I get that it's Google and they want to embrace their own platforms first but if you're an iOS user (and there are a lot of us), the Stadia platform has pretty limited utility when you're away from your house.

Community Member

@DaniGamePlayer no i’m not a troll and i don’t hate on Stadia. I do however expect a big company like google to do better and live up to it’s own promises. 

I have been a gamer for many years (Got my first Lamda back in 82) I have been through enough console launches as a gamer & been sitting in the audience at gaming press conferences enough times, to take PR bulls••y like this serous. 

I have no doubt cloud gaming is the future of gaming but google is not giving me any reasons to believe, that they have what it takes to be the front runners

And anyone being impressed with 120 unknown games for a whole year, cannot have had a PS4, Switch, Xbox or Gaming PC in ages. 

Founder
Founder
Kold, Not gonna respond to ignorance, I guess you know you don't want to be here now... Just remember you are the one burning the bridge.
Community Member

@CackleTV I’m glad you love Stadia as it is, and hopefully you will keep feeling that way. I’m not gonna tell you otherwise. Each to their own 😊

I still hope google will prove me wrong, because it really does work well when it comes to streaming games from home. 

I am however a customer who bought a product,that haven’t yet fulfilled the promises It made back in June. I don’t care if the seller is Google, Apple, Nintendo or whatever. I will keep expecting that the seller delivers on it’s promises. 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player
I am happy to hear this news, and I am curious! I hope that new e-sports games can finally land on the Stadia platform. Millions of users buy consoles just to play games like Fifa and PES. I am strongly interested in the implementation of a full compatibility on Android media, all of them none excluded (Smartphones, Tablets, Tv boxes ...). Furthermore, I would like the management of possible interruptions caused by connection instability to be better implemented. Sometimes I was forced to restart the game.
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Looking forward to all the games and updates

Founder
Founder

1'st: Your are breath taking! 😉

2'nd: It is soooo awesome to play on Stadia - i live near Frankfurt (90km / 55 miles away) and my Chromecast is connected via cable over power-lan: 0,0 delay at all! (Huge lovely kiss to all haters from the so called pc-masterR. 😉

3'rd: Please release PES or FIFA for Stadia and I promise my watch will begin 😉

I wish the Stadia-Team an awesome start into 2020… remeber this decade is called the golden one 😛

Cheers TBONE;

Community Member
@StadiaTeam

I'm hugely disappointed with Stadia and feel that so far, you have massively under-achieved.

My son sold his PS4 to buy Stadia Premier and he's thoroughly underwhelmed by the games and particularly the lack of decent local multiplayer games. You really need to sort this out and offer some kind of incentive to keep families like mine interested and paying the sub fees.

One way would be to add free access to the platform for family members via Family Link so that within a household, family members can play against each other on what few decent games there are.

You also need to urgently work with developers to ensure that some quality, bespoke games are released that leverage the unique capabilities of Stadia - otherwise your platform is toast!

Community Member

@StadiaTeam, how do you plan to address the lack of player base in multiplayer games like Destiny 2. I love the plateforme, stadia is game changer for me and id rather play destiny on stadia than my PS4 pro for multiple reasons (60 fps, mouse and keyboard, faster loading). But if the player base doesn’t grow, the gaming experience is rallying impacted in games that are already huge on other plateforme.

Founder
Founder

Really looking forward to playing through my Galaxy S9+. Thanks for the update, just hoping that switch is flicked soon as my claw is on the way from the US! 

Community Member

Please reach out to developers who strategy games. XCOM and Civ6 would be perfect for Stadia!

Community Member

You guys really should link this post in an actual tweet. There's a lot of community on there that don't know about this stuff and the Twitter platform is a great way to broadcast updates, not just advertisement.

Community Member
If you had a game that allowed more people in lobby or more environmental destruction, or more anything that’s unique to stadia , a part of the game can only be accessed through stadia. Then you might have something. I don’t think it would be unachievable to throttle a game just for stadia use, that out performs a current gene gaming pc, with cloud computing. There is no limitations stadia shouldn’t overcome to crush the current gene and next genes physical consoles. With that said, you had to of known the stadia launch would be a flop, it would be like if the 3ds launchied without a “3D game”.
Community Member

La

Community Member

Founder
Founder

When will madden be available??????

Community Member

Nice, can we get an update on when we'll be able to Bluetooth our remotes to our phones and play wireless with our phones? Also when will Stadia release it's free tier?

Community Member

"When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players"

- I very much disagree. Not only was my code nearly 20 hours late on launch day, with the Founder's Edition nonetheless (which itself was almost a week late). I had to start my subscription to reserve my Stadia Name!? Thanks, I really wanted to wait since Doom Eternal was delayed... So I had little use for the service at launch now. Already owning a Pixel 2 XL since it's launch, I was excited to play on my phone. Well the Claw attachment in the Canadian store, was out of stock, and could not sign up for stock reminders. I could only order around January 20th, just over one month left in my subscription. When I finally got it (and a second controller), not only is wireless still not supported, the included wire isn't USB-C, so what comes in the box doesn't connect to my GOOGLE phone?

I'm so over this. I would love to give myself my two buddy passes of which I have zero use for...unless I can have them.

Community Member
Wireless support for the controller is a must have, and long overdue. Having to hard wire my Stadia controller to my GOOGLE Pixelbook is maddening.
Community Member

@Pielawn - I had forgotten these things shipped with USB / USB-C chords. Thanks for the reminder! Unbelievable.

Community Member

@PHawk and no wall block either. Even though my founder's edition came with a white a/c charging block.

So Google decided I needed it for one controller but not two?

Anyone buying just a controller for Stadia Base with get screwed. 

Community Member
Stadia is boring no Updates same garbage app !!
Community Member
I wonder when Dragon Ball fighter z will come to stadia once that happens il gladly join 🤗
Community Member

I need baseball and hockey in my life.

Community Member

And today, where are the games avowed ? Where are the ten games exclusive ?