Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia in the New Year

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
370 194 125K

Hi everybody,

When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming. Stadia is an evolving platform, and we've been busy in the two months since launch adding great content, features and ways to play. Among others, we have:

• Added more great games to the Stadia library, including six titles to Stadia Pro
  • Welcomed Typhoon Studios to our Stadia Games and Entertainment family
  • Updated all Chromecast Ultras so you can play Stadia on more screens
  • Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements
  • Delivered a multiplayer first for gamers with Stream Connect's debut in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Surprised Stadia founders with a second buddy pass to game with more of their friends. 

We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia. Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch. We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon.

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

There is a lot more in store for this year. In the meantime, we hope gamers are gearing up for some great new games and experiences. Toward the end of this month, we will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February.

We appreciate all of the support and feedback we've had with our earliest fans, and we hope they're as excited about 2020 as we are.

______

By: Stadia Team

194 Comments
Community Member

J.R I  Luv U 😻😌💜... Pls Bring Me PUBG Or Lol Mobile 😻✌️ However I Love U Jade 🤷🏻‍♀️✌️🤗

Community Member

Stadia needs their own exclusive that everyone wants to play.

Community Member

That’s great news! Hopefully this will make the people who think stadia is dead finally shut up.

Community Member

Thanks for all

Community Member
I would have been happy with 69 games. But 69 + 51 is even better. The year is still young, we might even get 69 + 69 games. And that would be noice.
Community Member

Does 4kand hdr stream to phone possible updates to android app? 

Community Member

I have a hard time being excited over these “news”.  We still don’t have a basic thing, like a list of games with release dates, so we know what we can look forward too.

You wrote:“Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements”

Not “like”. It IS the only two features.

And how is Google assistent gonna improve my gaming experience? It’s  a useless feature for 99% of all gamers. There’s a reason Microsoft stopped pushing voice recognition on Xbox.  I knew cares.

The only “new feature” that is is worth anything here is that the wireless gameplay on the new with the Stadia Controller.  And let’s be honest. Something like this shouldn’t be considered a big feature but just something that should have been ready on day one.

There is no doubt that Stadia works when you’re home and have a good stable connection. What most people need is not more ways to play your games. It’s actually just... GAMES.

120 games for one year is an extremely small amount compared to other platforms. It’s strange if  that’s really all you could get for Stadia. But if half of these is day to day launch of all this years biggest games then it’s not bad at all. But how would we know since you refuse to share game names and release dates?

My guess is you get around 100-150 games a month to chose between on other platforms. So 120 is nothing if the number is all we have to go by.

Even the 10 time exclusive games doesn’t do anything for me, when we have no names of the games. If the 10 exclusives games is small indie games then it not a big deal, if it is in the caliber of Cyberpunk 2077/DOOM like games, then it’s a game changer.

In reality these “news” changes nothing. We need the exact games, release dates and some features that’s actually useful for gamers.

It doesn’t make Stadia interesting that you keeps us all in the dark all the time.  If you got good cards on your hands then show them, so we  can start being excited.

Community Member

Awesome! Stadia has worked great for me over wifi on my Surface. I love having access to great games without clutter or downloads or a console - and excited that I won't have to upgrade a console or computer to play new games moving forward. Keep going, it's been a blast! Would love another multiplayer FPS though - Destiny 2 can be overwhelming!

Community Member

What about discounts? Included games? Nice to see you are having 10 exclusives this year!
And please have somebody promoting and saying this on your YouTube channel.

Community Member

Exciting

Community Member

This is great news, Thanks for the update 

Community Member

Stickin' with ya through every step to Stadia's ultimate success!

Community Member

Thank you Stadia team for leading the path to future gaming! As a Founder, I have great pride in my investment in Stadia and have loved every moment of it! One thing I am looking forward to with Stadia is future partnerships with major game making companies like Sega and even Nintendo (never say never). Loving my Stadia Pro Sub and will continue it once my trial is done! Keep up the great work!

Community Member

I hope i can play with the Controller other games. It only goes on Stadia. And i only had one xbox Controller for Games, so the stadia can be the second. 

Community Member

As great as the update is, without family share I have a hard time to buy even a single Game on Stadia. Last year you said, this feature is meant for early 2020 and now it‘s not even on the 3 month roadmap. That‘s disappointing, because I want to play more games on Stadia but I won‘t buy anything, my wife can‘t play.

Community Member
Esta de lujo, pero la gente queremos tener una lista con nombres y fechas. Desde siempre todos los gamers en cualquier plataforma esperamos los juegos a veces años con antelación, y la fecha se suela saber con varios meses por delante. Así que tenemos fe en Stadia pero necesitamos para nosotros y para convencer a todo el mundo las fechas y los juegos, y sobre todo los exclusivos, que aunque sean temporales ya es algo. Saludos,
Community Member

I hope there is iOS Support in the future.

Community Member

Hoping we get more games soon.

Pretty dull option's at the moment.   Need a big open world survival game! 

Community Member
Sweet! More new games are what I want the most right now. 🙂
Community Member

Please give FIFA 20 to us. IMO the best game for showing the casual-player-community what stadias is.

Community Member

Great news!! But I missed something related with Android TV 😞

@xonot Al menos han dicho que los lanzamientos se darían en la primera mitad del año. Muchos otros juegos en otras plataformas se están retrasando... ¿se referirán al catálogo de juegos de Ubisoft?

@Kold are you a troll? or just a hater? 120 games few? You should realize Stadia is pretty new. Almost all your post is **bleep** but I see your point about Google assistant and indie games vs games changers.

Community Member

iOS support this year ?

Community Member

Love you guys and I love the service! Thank you for keeping us in the loop! I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings! 

For the roadmap, do you guys plan to offer preorders on games and supply the preorder bonuses that go along with that? For example, the new Doom Eternal has some really neat looking preorder items and I would love to see those transition over to Stadia and put my preorder in. 

Community Member
Please also bring us FIFA!
Community Member
Thanks for the news even if very abstract ... In any case, I want staff with an annual subscription. I don't want to pay every month but once a year (maybe with a little stick)
Community Member

Support additional Android Phones

.... Go!!!!!

There is NO reason to wait anymore -_-

Community Member

Hey! The news is spectacular, but I think many are waiting for news about other functions as well. When will we have the family share function planned?

Community Member

This is great news. I love the platform. It feels just like a console and it is sooo portable. Now if only the ISPs could get rid of the data caps....

This is the future of gaming!

Community Member

Dolby 5.1?

Community Member

H u n d r e d a n d t w e n t y

&

E x c l u s I v e s

That's it. The solution to Stadia vital biggest problem. 

Community Member

Holy crap, am I the only one who sees this literally says nothing. It's just a reiteration of the same stuff they've already promised us...

Community Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABHAHAHAHAHA

Are you guys in denial?

Community Member

All I ask for is for you guys to go all in with STADIA VIA chromebrowser for the PC gamers to enjoy the full power of stadia on our ultra wide screens dont be competitive with just consoles be competitive with PC GAMING too.

Community Member

Sweet - super excited for Stadia in 2020!  Are there any updates on Family Sharing?

Community Member

Cool

Community Member

When will Vulkan 1.2 be implemented on Stadia games?

Community Member

Very exciting update. Cannot wait to see what 2020 brings. 

Community Member

SUPER excited for being able to wirelessly use the controller on my PC! This is one of the main features I bought into Stadia for, easily using my controller wirelessly throughout my house!

Community Member
So who else is guessing? Next Months games has to be 1) AC Odyssey (as the oldest game left that we haven't been given yet) and probably one of the indie title... Gylt or Kine right? That's my guess anyway. IT'S TIME TO GIVE US ODYSSEY!!! LOL
Community Member

So we're going to get wireless use on the PC before we get wireless use on the Phone?

Community Member

maybe I missed something with the "great gaming experience" 70mb download and still drops badly from 4k(ish) to 720p(I) with nothing else hooked up to the router. 

2nd buddy pass.... that's not for us. that's purly for you to try and get more members (don't pretend with its for us founders)

3rd whoever designed that controller should be shot or a least fired. 

ill play when I can hook up my xbox controller to my chromecast without the drop in resolution, maybe ill try again in a year. 

don't worry your not the only ones trying this game streaming iv used xbox's version and they have a few issues aswell before anyone judges me.

for now though ill stick to pc. with downloaded games. 

keep at it though maybe one day it will be the future.

Community Member

Thank you!

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web

Can't wait to see this feature implemented 😁

Community Member

Is there any hope for Keyboard and Mouse connectivity kit for Chromecast play or is it just wishful thinking? 🙂

Good news with 4K for web though!!!

Community Member

App for chromebook maybe pretty please say there will be

Community Member

This is great news! I'm curious to know how web 4K will work on a 1440p monitor. I'm hoping it will use the higher quality stream, rather than limiting me to 1080p?

Community Member

In business this is what people calls a puff piece.

Basicly a play with words that says  nothing and promise nothing ( while still sounding good )

Using the blogg instead of the official announcement is also a smart business choice  if or when being called out on something written in the blogg.

Having the ability to say nothing official was ever stated  and or promised is golden  (at least in the digital world)

But I rather take a puff piece then the complete and utter silence that Stadia have given us the last month 🙂

Started to think all Stadia employees had joined a convent and taken a vow of silence

Community Member

Hi Stadia Team! 

Thanks for the update. What about Android tablets, will Stadia these soon too? Are you focusing on specific brands as for the phone you will support soon? What about iOS devices, will you support playing on those in the near future too? I would like to p,at more on Stadia, but mobile which is limited by now. Best regards, K 

Community Member

Saweeet!

Community Member

Nice 

Community Member

Please don't let the games be like Thumper!

Whoever made that was on some amazing psychedelics, with an aim to make everyone epileptic.