Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia in the New Year

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
370 194 119K

Hi everybody,

When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming. Stadia is an evolving platform, and we've been busy in the two months since launch adding great content, features and ways to play. Among others, we have:

• Added more great games to the Stadia library, including six titles to Stadia Pro
  • Welcomed Typhoon Studios to our Stadia Games and Entertainment family
  • Updated all Chromecast Ultras so you can play Stadia on more screens
  • Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements
  • Delivered a multiplayer first for gamers with Stream Connect's debut in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Surprised Stadia founders with a second buddy pass to game with more of their friends. 

We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia. Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch. We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon.

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

There is a lot more in store for this year. In the meantime, we hope gamers are gearing up for some great new games and experiences. Toward the end of this month, we will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February.

We appreciate all of the support and feedback we've had with our earliest fans, and we hope they're as excited about 2020 as we are.

______

By: Stadia Team

194 Comments
Community Member

nice

Community Member
Very nice indeed.
Community Member
Alright! I've been hoping to get more use out of the controller.
Community Member

Claw for the UK?

Community Member

YASSSS. Keep these coming community team! They're pleasant to read and they increase moral around the community tenfold.

Here's to an awesome 2020! 😁

Community Member
Alright man! Hopefully Bungie will make Destiny 2 real 4K.
Community Member
Wireless gaming! CANT WAIT! *woot woot*
Community Member
120?? That's way more than I would have expected. This is great
Community Member

So far the best thing about stadia has been the communication in my opinion. Thanks for the update!

Community Member

Loving the update. Looking forward to how 2020 goes for Stadia

Community Member

Please be One Plus up first for Android devices 🙏

Community Member
Wireless gaming! *woot woot*
Community Member

Great work

Community Member
120 Games! 10 Exclusives so far?! SOOOO EXCITING. Looking forward to my Library expanding!
Community Member
So excited to hear all this good news can’t wait to see what other games will be comeing out hypee
Community Member

So excited to hear all this good news can’t wait to see what other games will be comeing out hypee

Community Member
Awesome
Community Member

@Carboom I ordered mine from Power Support directly and it arrived the other day

Community Member

looking forward to 4k on the web, then I will finally dare to give my two buddy passes to friends.

Community Member
Ultrawide monitor support please 🙂
Community Member
Hoping we see a skateboarding game available for Stadia soon! Two very good ones available right now: Skater XL and Project Session
Community Member
Awesome!!! Thanks 🙂
Community Member
So excited, great job so far Stadia team.
Community Member
Thanks for the update, but this has basically no new info other than a number set for games. No title announcements, no info on pro games for feb, and all q1 features are ones we already knew about.
Community Member

@ Carboom

Excuse me? Claw for everyone?! Haha *shaking head in a friendly way*

Community Member

Excellent news.

Community Member
Very great news ! Thanks Google and Stadia team.
Community Member
Oh yes! We are going to have a great 2020 game-wise. Thank you all in Stadia Team 😄
Community Member

Do you guys plan on allowing multiplayer games to be multiplatform? I need that so I can continue with Stadia Pro.

Community Member
All good news to hear! Keep up the great work!
Community Member
It's time to unthink the things we think are things.
Community Member

Hooray!

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide
Great news to hear such a large number of titles planned for 2020. Unfortunately, no chance of keeping everyone happy, but c'est la vie!
Community Member
Keep going, and please get something hard hitting out to the gaming press. Stadia is being called a failure in lots of circles, which isn't true, but you need to use your muscle to get out there and put them straight. You are Google and basically run the world after all!
Community Member
Great news, thanks to the Stadia team. What we would like to have is a great game to be played by two players (together or vs) on the TV...
Community Member

How about addressing latency?

Give us some options in the ui to configure network settings and please dedicate some staff to improve in this area.  

@StadiaTeam 

Community Member

It's so good to hear from you guys! This is exciting news! Great job and keep staying connected to us!!!!

Community Member

@ Grace I've been absolutely delighted and very happy with my Stadia experience thus far. I haven't been OFF Destiny 2 since the inception and am really looking forward to Doom. If anyone can make Stadia a success only Google can. I have absolute faith in that digital behemoth! Thanks and continued success!

@RickTheBuggy

Community Member

More Countries (particular Switzerland) would be awesome.

Community Member

Any plans to solve the ongoing audio lag issues on Chromecast Ultra?

Community Member
Great news! Thanks for the update.
Community Member

When will they activate the family pass and how will that work? Will it be you pay one price and you can have your Google family have access like I do for Google music 

Community Member

It says you added more pro games but I don't see any new ones in the store

Community Member

@StadiaTeam - I understand that you’re all under the Alphabet megacorp, but some native iOS support should be prioritized for at least the devices running the A13 Bionic because it provides comparable (and in many cases superior) performance to the Snapdragon 855 running in the Pixel 4/Galaxy S10.

But you already know all of that. I’m just providing a kind voice to make this request to all of us Stadia fans who haven’t yet been completely consumed by God Emperor Alphabet. 

Community Member

Good to see you back!

Most looking forward to these two features mentioned!:

• Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

Was disappointed when they disappeared from being features at launch. The continued increase in game availability, especially interesting exclusives, sounds great too!

@ developers, would definitely like to see concurrent releases with other platforms! (/looks hopefully at CDPR...)

Community Member
thanks for the information ... i really appreciate it
Community Member

When can I get my hands on the borderlands 3 dlc I already paid for . ive beat the game 3 times now and would like something new to do please

Community Member
It would be nice to get some sort of updates on Family Sharing and how it will work. Even if the process needs to be implemented, knowing how it works would help your users decide on what they should purchase now and what they should wait on. Thanks.
Community Member

Nice to see stadia evolving love it and hope it stays around for good.

Community Member

THANK YOU!