Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia in the New Year

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
370 194 122K

Hi everybody,

When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming. Stadia is an evolving platform, and we've been busy in the two months since launch adding great content, features and ways to play. Among others, we have:

• Added more great games to the Stadia library, including six titles to Stadia Pro
  • Welcomed Typhoon Studios to our Stadia Games and Entertainment family
  • Updated all Chromecast Ultras so you can play Stadia on more screens
  • Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements
  • Delivered a multiplayer first for gamers with Stream Connect's debut in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Surprised Stadia founders with a second buddy pass to game with more of their friends. 

We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia. Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch. We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon.

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

There is a lot more in store for this year. In the meantime, we hope gamers are gearing up for some great new games and experiences. Toward the end of this month, we will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February.

We appreciate all of the support and feedback we've had with our earliest fans, and we hope they're as excited about 2020 as we are.

______

By: Stadia Team

194 Comments
Community Member

Thanks for the update! 🙂

Community Member

Happy to hear about the stadia exclusives! Hoping they showcase stadia's capabilities!!

Community Member

USB-c headphone support pleeeease

Community Member

No Family settings / sharing?  2021 then?

Community Member

Brilliant

Community Member
Great news
Community Member

This is EXACTLY the news I wanted. 4k on PC and TONS of games including many exclusives coming! ❤️ ❤️ Stadia ❤️ ❤️ 

Community Member

Need the claw in the UK now!

Community Member

Very interesting.

Community Member

Thank you guys

Community Member
Happy new year to the Stadia Team 🙂 Nice news! To be honest, my most anticipated feature is wireless play with the controller on pc. Please hurry 🙂
Community Member
Great news for those who it actually works for. I'm yet to manage a single session without stutter making the whole thing unplayable. Connected directly to my 60Mbps connection via Ethernet - the stutter exists regardless of Stadia settings employed and doesn't seem to be a latency issue. A little more support for those who paid to be Founders and have yet to be able to make any practical use out of what has been paid for would be appreciated.
Community Member
Absolutely loving it.

Please add more volume when using headset. 

Community Member

Google Stadia has seemingly removed all "Stadia Pro Deals", originally just doing away with the above named section; they have now reverted all games to retail price. Being that most (if not all) Stadia players at this moment are Stadia Pro members, it isn't too hard to understand Google's uninterest in catering to an audience fully compromised of their benefit receiving player base.. but having a few games on sale at all times is crucial to the gaming community, as it shows commitment to their player's needs.

Community Member

I am giddy with excitement at the prospect of more than 120 games coming to Stadia this year along with the fact some are Stadia exclusives.

Community Member

Awesome news!!  I'm not sure what form your next Stadia Connect will take, but I look forward to getting some in depth looks at some of these games!  Also, can't wait to see what you guys have in store for February's Pro game/s.  Hoping for Gylt.

Keep up the awesome work!

Community Member

Very nice.

I have the founders edition but I haven't really used it yet. Please get some AAA titles like GTA or Battlefield then the platform is very very interesting. But so far you are doing a great job getting this thing up and running and it looks like you are busy. Keep it up 🙌

Community Member

Finally something positive! Haters have been making negative comments everywhere, thank you for the update ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Community Member

Please consider adding 21:9 support with the introduction of 4k to pc! That would make Stadia absolutely perfect for PC gamers. 

Community Member
No love for iOS user??? 😞
Community Member
Thanks for the update. As for games i would love to see some oldskool games with already supported for Linux, like some Lucasarts gems for a small price. Think Grim Fandango and Full Throttle for example. Nice games to have which already can be played on a computer running Linux.
Community Member

@H3FTA Oh, that's awesome! When did you order it? and which type of shipping did you buy?

Community Member
Sweet can't wait for new games and features..awesome work Stadia
Community Member

Awesome! I can't wait to be able to play on my Samsung Galaxy s9 note.

Community Member

Thanks fot the info @GraceFromGoogle !!!! THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!! News, info about what are coming for us and for the gamer community outer!

Thanks thanks thanks!!

Edit: It is very important for me to start to have more clear idea of how many games we will have, which new features are coming and so on. We know tha somehing is coming, but have some idea more cleare help us to mantain confidence and hope for our new favourite gaming platform! We Are Founders! This is Stadia! 🙂
Community Member

Very cool.

I have two friends purchasing games thanks to Buddy Pass.

Got one more I can't win over that lives 900 miles away. Hook me up with one more to make it happen!

Community Member

Fantastic news. Keep the updates coming!

Community Member

I am very excited to watch this awesome platform grow! 

Community Member

Noice one peeps!💪👊👍

Community Member

@Carboom Ordered on the 2nd but it was showing pre-order. Delivered maybe Tuesday this week? $26.09 in total Inc shipping which is obviously more expensive than I'm sure our version will be but I'm impatient

Community Member

You guys rock. Keep it up!

Community Member

Its only gonna get better. 

The tech and innovation is there. 

Las Goooo

Community Member

Amazing work so far! Keep it up! Love the platform!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Community Member
Superb. Things look great in 2020 for Stadia owners! Even splashed out on a projector so i can literally plug my Chromecast in the back and play wherever i get a flat surface and a half decent internet connection. Any chance of FIFA Or Pro Evo within those 120 games...fingers crossed.
Community Member

WOW 120 games by a year and 10 exclusives the first half year!

Give us some sneek peek about the exclusives soon ok 🙂 

Community Member
Bring it on!!!
Community Member

Being able to game on mobile data would be great, Xcloud works on it so Stadia probably could too. Could cap it at 720p and I'd honestly be fine with 30fps. 

Community Member

This is all great news, but I am really disappointed there is nothing here about family sharing.  

Community Member

Awesome job, thank you! Looking forward to 4K and wireless gaming on the web! 

Community Member

Not really exciting news. None of this is worth it without the titles to back it up. Just bring the games. Give me a reason to use this platform instead of Game Pass on Xbox.  Also, if you're bringing out old titles, please for the love of everything, don't charge us full price.

Community Member

iOS support to play on iphone and ipad?

Community Member

That's fantastic. Thanks for the update. 🤘

Community Member

They haven't mentioned YouTube integration in awhile. I'm curious if they are just going to drop that like a bomb on us when it's ready. That would destroy so much of the YT streamer negativity out there now.

Community Member

I'm so happy with Stadia so far: it's a great premiere!

Keep up the awesome work.

You will shine.

Community Member

Well, I guess "promise less, disappoint less" is the new slogan?

Community Member
Awesome update! How about news on Stadia Base?
Community Member
Holy cow, finally you listened! Thank you, that’s everything i wanted! You made me a happy stadia user today!
Community Member
had my stadia package stolen , they sent me a new one and i m very impressed so far, need cod zombies but , i had two gaming pcs and both broke so its nice to have some games again works perfectly so far.
Community Member
Would definitely like an update on family sharing!
Community Member

Great stuff, can't wait. Show them strength of Stadia!