Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia Update - July 1, 2020

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
52 15 6,988

Hey everyone,

We’ve rolled out some new features on Stadia. Take a look at our release notes below:

• Google Assistant available during gameplay on Chromecast - You can now use the Google Assistant button on the Stadia Controller while playing games on Chromecast. Try "turn up the volume", "what's the time", or "play [game in your library]", to get access to quick answers & actions without pausing your game. Take a look at our Google Assistant on Stadia help center article to learn more.
  • Stadia Controller wireless gameplay on mobile - You can now use the Stadia controller to play games wirelessly on mobile devices (in addition to currently supported third-party controllers)
  • State Share Beta launch with Crayta - Crayta launches with State Share Beta, an early version of the Stadia feature called State Share. With State Share Beta, you can simply create a link within Crayta and share it with other players, sending them instantly into your game to collaborate on game creation or play them together.
  • Game stats on web  - You’ll now be able to see additional stats for the games you play on Stadia. Game developers can enable game stats, and they will appear with your achievements on Stadia. Games stats includes “total time played”, “games won”, and more. You can control visibility for player stats in your privacy settings.
  • Landscape mode on mobile - We’ve added support for landscape mode in the Stadia app outside of gameplay. For example, you can now browse the Store and Homepage while your mobile device is in landscape mode.
  • Search for friends via email - You’re now able to find your friends on Stadia via their Gmail address.

----------
The Stadia Team

15 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The Quality of Life/Patch Notes are what I look forward to the most sometimes! Love all of these.

Community Member

Bring Nba 2k21 and more sports games like Madden, Fifa, and Nhl. Big fan of those games.

Community Member

Should have been local co op  on crayta tho

Community Member

Nice update but PLEEEEEEASE bring game management functionality to the library such as folder management, hide and remove games in order to best arrange titles in the next update.

Keep up the good work 😉

Community Member

When bluetooth will we avaliabal on stadia controller 

Community Member

I’m new to this stadia experience but so far loving it.  How and where do I view my achievements tho?

Community Member

Very excited for these updates!!! Especially the controller for mobile use!! Great for on the go!! As well as finding friends with ease by just giving out your email!! Great experience! Jumped on in March and definitely I am glad to be a part of this amazing community! 

Community Member

Make Google Stadia Russian, we are all waiting)

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Very nice improvements to Stadia! Thank's a lot to the team! 😍

Community Member

Thanks, @StadiaTeam!

Community Member

Please bring gta 5 gta 4 gta 3 gta vice city remastered gta San Andreas remastered to stadia along with ps4/ps5 xbox one x /Xbox series x / games from all major platforms  

Community Member

Love the jump to cloud playing graphics are amazing love playing destiny 2  should have a set up thing to change your graphics due to data caps I mean need to be able to go down to 720 or 1080  so it don’t kill people’s internet bills that’s the only issue I have. I love everything else I won’t be going back to PlayStation or Xbox anytime soon, go stadia all the way.

Community Member

would love to see some cod if you guys bring some more first person shooters to stadia ill be prepared to make the jump to stadia pro

Community Member

That's all well good everything is looking more stream lined. Also there's extra amenities that come along with Stadia that u guys don't even mention. but I'm still having problems/issues with a whole bunch of different things. For example, I have a dongle that overheats to the point that it can start to burn through wiring and other  I've got in touch with your guys customer service and because I can't read the serial number for the controller they can't issue/start a replacement for the dongle then I was supposed to get 3 months stadia pro free for purchasing ur premier addition  Ionly received 7 weeks and just had to spend another $12 for the subscription and then on top of that the games that you're putting out there for free are ridiculous but I understand Xbox live and Xbox live ultimate used to have same problem with their free subscription game content and it took a little while to find their footing so I'm assuming that stadia pro will be the same with you guys I don't have a problem with that but it seems like you guys aren't even trying here's the biggest problem some of the games you have on here the price is ridiculously high especially assassin's Creed Odyssey ultimate edition on x box assassin's Creed oddesy ultimate bundle was 119.99 is now $29 and you get so much more with their bundle and it doesn't cost 119.99 dollars and you don't get half of what they have in their bundle so tell me how thats fair/right/works.  I want to be playing these games on the stadium platform since there's no saving and don't need a 6 terabyte can I can play anywhere I mean it is a great gaming platform but you can't be asking us pay this amount of money 4 games and your counterparts/compitition have it marked almost 85% off and it's not just one game they're Wolfenstein daughters 8.99 bundle with a whole bunch of extra stuff you're Wolfenstein daughters  t's 29:99. So what's that called I'm trying to think of it oh yes price gouging thats price gouging. Lol but seriously don't do us like this. That's some janky bungie, Activision, PlayStation s***.

Community Member

Thanks for the update.super let bring the Stadia platform! Was hoping to get some Intel on the possibility of VR support. Seeing the Star Wars Squadrons launching with VR, hoping I can do that with Stadia!