Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia Update - April 16, 2020

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
111 44 18.6K

Hey everyone,

We’ve rolled out some new features on Stadia. Check out the patch notes below:

• 5.1 surround sound on web -- We’ve added support for 5.1 surround sound when playing games on web
  • On-screen keyboard -- You’ll now see an on-screen keyboard on web when you have a gamepad connected to Stadia
  • Mobile connection notifications -- You’ll see notifications for your connection quality while playing on mobile devices.

----------
The Stadia Team

44 Comments
Community Member

It's amazing to follow the development of this platform! Keep up the good work! 

Founder
Founder

Any news on Family Library? The ability to share games with family members accounts?

Founder
Founder

When are going to support dolby 5.1 on CCU most people's sound systems support dolby not PCM.

Community Member

When will party support come to mobile apps?

Community Member

@StadiaTeam When are you going to release being able to share your game library with your family? Should’ve been at the forefront considering you opened Stadia up to everyone now!

Community Member

Thanks for the update! Anxiously awaiting wireless play in the browser. Kind of a bummer to have my controller wired. 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Good job Stadia team I'm liking the platform already

Community Member

Awesome update 👍

Any news on parties on mobile app?

Thanks for all you've done!

Community Member

hopefully stadia will make a big step on update since it's already out to the public, feeling like on beta with the current limitations.

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Not the most exciting update for me but I'm sure some people will benefit a lot from this one!

Community Member

Amazed by the quality of the service. Just need to keep filing out the game catalog. Would love to see more updates to achievements and captures. 

Community Member

I’d like to see a big update to the UI, especially on TV. Being able to buy games on CC Ultra and have full access to achievements and other common functions you would expect.

And obviously I’d like to be able to play EA and Activision games as I’m sure everyone else does. Because storage is going to be so precious on PS5 I plan on playing the vast majority of my third party games on Stadia if they’re available. Excited to see what’s coming soon.

Community Member

Nice! What I'd really like to see a such a simple thing but would make a huge difference - landscape mode for the app. Seems crazy that it doesn't have it.

Community Member

Ty for all your hard work! Stick with it guys we love you! 

Community Member

Not gone lie, these are way too small for a blog post, Geez I wish y'all would tell us something useful like Family Support for game libraries, new AAA game announcements, or AT LEAST don't say much until Wireless controller support is implemented. Don't mean to be angsty, buy cmon now, Wireless controller support was supposed to here already... These are useless addition that don't make or break the Stadia experience, but y'all refuse to focus on things we are used to on other consoles.

Community Member

I've been using Stadia for about a week now - on Chromecast, Chromebook and Pixel 4XL. I'm consistently amazed at how smooth the play is and how the graphics look. 

Community Member

Wireless on PC!

Founder
Founder

Any update for family sharing?

Community Member

please bring more great games into it especially call of duty lol 

Community Member

GIVE ME MORE

I WANT MOREEEEE

Community Member

Thanks for the awesome product, please keep pushing the this product, and the industry further.

Community Member

Where is the wireless controller support for Android??

Been waiting since Nov 20th FFS. 

Community Member

Ok

Founder
Founder

Thanks folks

Founder
Founder

We need 5.1 via Dolby so alot of us can have the full experience 

Community Member

How do I get about doing 5.1 in Chrome @StadiaTeam? The flag (try-supported-channel-layouts) is missing and it doesn't work out of the box on macOS.

Community Member

These are some subtle but nice improvements. The big question is when will the Youtube live stream feature will be implemented?

Community Member

Every update is a nice update 

But personally i am disapointed that wireless gameplay and family sharing ( both things that should have been in on the 20 nov ) seems to create so much problem for google to implement and is still not present

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

When are we going to be able to play on the smartphone, any news about it?

Community Member

Can we get the ability to save screen shots and clips on iOS?

Community Member

@StadiaTeam 

And whats with android tv support? 70 EUR paid for the controller, test abo completed and I cant use Stadia! And no, i wont play stadia with a mini screen on my phone with wired stadia controller.

PS: My Android TV only allows device connecting with Bluetooth and the Stadia Controller can only use WiFi. Now, i currently have 70 € electronic waste at home 😞

I am absolutely not thrilled.

Community Member

Will you be expanding smart phone compatibility? What are minimum specs require for a phone?

Founder
Founder

Thanks stadia! Small step for the long road ahead. We appreciate all these updates. Keep up the good work and release more addicting games. Like Call of Duty!!!!

Community Member

Is 5.1 support on Chromecast Ultra?

Community Member

Hey Stadia-Team & Community,

I am still impressed how good this "new stuff" is working already (please keep in mind where we comes from one year ago *lol* 📈),

Now we should discuss to important points for the future of Stadia:

- Is there any option for the community to push & support the release of "AAA" games like "Mount & Blade Bannerlord" or "Star Citizens", e.g. with crowdfunding initiatives to pay the publisher for the "Stadia port"?

- ... nothing else is missing here from my point of view :D, just more games.... and FIFA21 😉

💓Stadia

Please confirm that you at least noticed this message

💕Stadia

Community Member

I’m ready for YouTube Integration and more exclusive content! Is Grand Theft Auto 6 being developed for Google Stadia?

Community Member

Are there plans for Hardware upgrades in the future for Google and its Stadia streaming services?

Community Member

When will playable demo versions of all games be available? Non pro subscribers should have access to playable demonstrations. 

Community Member

Where are the games at?

is this all you’ve got?

Community Member

I wish you made the quality better on the web browser! When I play Destiny competitively it's very painful when it depixelates.  And my speed is good If you are asking!

Community Member

Like many users I read, could they implement in the Stadia connection test (the one that starts every time you open a game) a button that makes us start the game despite the connection test having failed or being unstable? During the stream, the bandwidth directed to the game can stabilize over time ...
This happens to me because my connection is 15 Mbps and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so I would appreciate it if it were available.
Thank you very much Stadia team

Founder
Founder

Seeing as the family sharing question has half the upvotes that the actual post has. It's clear there's a lot of people interested. Please post an update, even if its a, "the feature will be landing within the next 4 months" kinda answer.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Stadia-Update-April-16-2020/bc-p/20119/highlig...

Community Member

LG TV for the OLEDs would be nice to have a stadia integrated app for them as it’s google integrated. I wish Apple products were supported as well, but I know that may be challenging with competitors. I don’t have android devices other then my LG tv so I guess I will need to cancel my service because the only device I can play is on my pc but why bother when I have steam. Seems to be for a very specific audience. 

Community Member

mobile connections need to be focus some specific frequency. only  mobile repair engineer can develop the  updated  software.. mobile repair dubai  

give service in all over dubai . in mobile  connection notification the  input will given when your  mobile software needs to be update with new version.