Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia Makers brings more independent games to Stadia

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
66 97 19.2K

StadiaMakers-Sept21-update2.jpg

Video games are awesome. Making a video game is really, really hard. That’s why back in March, we announced Stadia Makers, a program to support small teams making Unity-based games who want to bring them to Stadia. Now we are ready to show you some of the incredible, passion-fueled games these independent Makers are creating. Take a look.

TOHU
Developer: Fireart Games
Publisher: The Irregular Corporation
Release Date: Fall 2020

TOHU is a brand new adventure game that’s set amongst a world of weird and wonderful fish planets. Explore beautiful landscapes, solve intricate puzzles, and discover the truth about a mysterious little girl and her mechanical alter-ego, Cubus. Combining traditional adventure game mechanics with an approachable design, TOHU features a variety of enchanting locations and strange scenarios, including a theatrical stage production filled with wonderful creatures and a topsy-turvy world where staircases lead you in directions that defy physics.

The adventure begins when The Girl’s peaceful world of the fish planets is disturbed by a strange, shadowy creature. With an intention to only cause chaos, it destroys the sacred engine that is the key to this world – and now all life on the fish planets is under threat.

Features:

• Swap between The Girl and Cubus at any time to harness their unique abilities, but keep your wits about you: mystery lurks around every corner and you’ll need to plan, strategize, and find creative solutions to intriguing puzzles to proceed.
  • Packed with an array of quick and challenging conundrums to overcome, whether it’s a search for critters needed to power your expanse-traversing fly-ship, or learning how to fire a cannon filled with moustachioed moles.
  • Encounter eccentric characters like Juncle, your thin-legged robot friend and former caregiver, and a highbrow trader that lives in a bathtub, all while the game’s enchanting story takes players on an unforgettable journey.
  • Set to a soundtrack by Christopher Larkin (Hollow Knight), TOHU combines visual storytelling with a lush, engaging musical composition.

Death Carnival
Developer: Furyion Games
Publisher: Furyion Games
Release Date: This Winter

Death Carnival is a fast-paced top-down shooter with extreme weapons & online multiplayer mayhem. In a future world, broken by war, humanity endures in a few overcrowded cities. To escape their bleak reality, many turn to televised combat sports, the most popular being Death Carnival. In this deadly game show, contestants must battle against hordes of monsters and machines for fame and fortune on live TV.

Features:

• Fast-paced, top-down combat
  • Story campaign with more than 30 levels
  • Unique storyline for each of the 10 playable characters
  • Cross-platform, 4-player online co-op and PVP
  • Customizable weapons and loot
  • Daily & weekly challenges, boss-raids and more gameplay modes, each with unique rewards

Unto The End
Developer: 2 Ton Studios
Publisher: Big Sugar
Release Date: This Winter

Unto The End is a hand-crafted cinematic platformer about a desperate journey home.

As the adventure unfolds, the decisions you make can carry consequences not just for you, but also for the creatures you encounter. Mastery of combat is critical, but fighting isn't always the only way. Overcoming adversity can sometimes be better achieved through sharpness of perception.

Unforgiving terrain, fierce opponents, and paucity of supplies means there are scant opportunities for respite. Through the suffocating gloom of frigid caverns and biting winds of harsh mountain peaks, every step weighs heavy with the relentless struggle to make it home.

Features:

• Read-React Combat - One of a kind combat system focused on skill and mastery, designed and built from the ground up specifically for 2D. Fight intelligently and strike tactically with your sword and ranged weapons in fierce one-on-one and group battles
  • Handcrafted Encounters - The adventure unfolds through carefully crafted encounters, each featuring intelligent, worthy opponents, all with their own motivations and place in the world
  • Player-skill Focused - A challenging single-player experience with minimal handholding. All the father's abilities are available from the outset and mastery of those skills, as well as keen observation of your surroundings, are key to survival and success
  • Unforgiving Terrain - From cavernous underground ruins to harsh mountain peaks, overcome environmental challenges and deadly traps as you travel through a world of meticulously crafted landscapes

Figment: Creed Valley
Developer: Bedtime Digital Games
Publisher: Bedtime Digital Games
Release Date: Early 2021

A musical action-adventure set in the recesses of the human mind... Welcome to the world of Figment. A strange and surreal world; a place filled with our deepest thoughts, urges, and memories, populated by the many voices we hear in our heads.

Figment: Creed Valley is an encore to Figment. Dusty and Piper have restored peace in The Mind, however, a new adversary is threatening its balance. Our two heroes must travel to Creed Valley, where The Mind’s beliefs and ideals are formed, to face their most menacing and theatrical foe so far.

The Moral Compass has been shattered and a once-peaceful voice of the subconscious has broken loose. Face new enemies as you make your way through enigmatic challenges and explore The Mind’s two fundamental states: Open-minded and Closed-minded. Switch between states and adapt to the shifting environment to move forward.

Features:

• A Whimsical Hand-Drawn World - Experience how traditionally hand-painted brushstrokes come to life in a world filled with surreal art, colorful illustrations, and charming characters
  • A fresh chapter of Figment with its own self-contained story
  • New singing nightmares with their own original songs and themes
  • Discover two sides of the same world with a unique state-changing mechanic
  • Whimsical narrative and art style
  • Unravel mysteries as you venture into the depths of The Mind

As a special gift to Stadia Pro subscribers, the first Figment will be shipping directly into Stadia Pro ahead of the launch of Figment: Creed Valley, so keep an eye out! Travel across an amazing hand-drawn world, encounter awesome musical performances, and solve brain-bending puzzles as you take on the Nightmares.

Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
Developer: Fishing Cactus
Publishers: Fishing Cactus
Release Date: Early 2021

Nanotale - Typing Chronicles is an atmospheric typing adventure RPG set in a colorful vibrant world. Follow Rosalind, a novice Archivist, as she journeys out to explore a distant world. On her quest to gather knowledge, she collects samples of mystic natural beauties. Everything is peaceful. War is a thing of the distant past.

In the shadows, a tale of dissonant magic is spreading, instilling corruption into broken hearts.

Features:

• Play with magic - Combine powerful spells, change their shapes, and enhance them to defeat enemies. Use your magic on the environment and make it resonate with your creativity.
  • Knowledge is power - As a member of the order, your role as an archivist is to gather knowledge. The more you learn about the world, the stronger you become.
  • Explore a rich world - Embark on a journey to the Ancestral Forest, discover the Blue Desert, and try not to get lost in the Sunken Caves. Meet the inhabitants of these new lands, be amazed by the beauty of the flora blooming in these diverse biomes, and be intrigued by the critters roaming on your path but be careful not to cross paths with the dangerous creatures looming over.
  • Reveal secrets - Step in a fascinating story with multiple faces that have left their mark on these lands. Meet people, listen to their tales, and catalog mysterious occurrences, in an attempt to unravel the secrets behind dissonant magic.
  • Your mightiest weapon, your keyboard - In Nanotale, everything is played with your keyboard. From puzzles to dialogues, combats to menus, the entire game can be played solely with your favorite keyboard. All keys are re-bindable, supporting all kinds of layouts (Qwerty, Azerty, Qwertz, Dvorak, Colemak, BÉPO,...).

The Darkside Detective Season 2
Developer: Spooky Doorway
Publisher: Akupara Games
Release Date: Q1 2021

Season 2 is bigger, better, and 100% slimier than ever! A year after the “Motel Incident” of Season 1, we find our reliable Darkside Detective, Francis McQueen, picking up the pieces that left the Darkside Division’s dynamic duo as a slightly less-than-dynamic solo. While the best line of defense against the unknown took a hit to their ranks, the Darkside’s ominous influence remains ever-present with the supernatural running amuck and the paranormal causing havoc around the completely (ab)normal city of Twin Lakes.

This brand new collection of comedic point-and-click adventures will see Detective McQueen in six new standalone cases as he investigates a creepy carnival, explores a retirement home, and even tries to unwind on a trip to “sunny” old Ireland…

Features:

• 6 brand new standalone bite-sized micro cases to solve in The Darkside Detective franchise, with more to come post-launch
  • Detective McQueen goes big with an international case of global proportions
  • Twin Lakes’ hottest fashion trends
  • Pixel optimization for better facial recognition
  • Use of an innovative combination of noises known as Moo-sak to build atmosphere and chase off lonely, eerie silence

Much like Figment, we’re also bringing Darkside Detective Season 1 directly to Stadia Pro ahead of the launch of Darkside Detective Season 2. Get to know the spookily hilarious world of Detective McQueen before the sequel drops.

Kaze and the Wild Masks
Developers: PixelHive, SOEDESCO Studios
Publisher: SOEDESCO
Release Date: Q1 2021

Let 90’s inspired platformer Kaze and the Wild Masks take you on a trip down memory lane as you side-scroll your way through the Crystal Islands. In the colorful world of Kaze, you face enraged living vegetables in a variety of ways thanks to the powers of the Wild Masks. Pounce ferociously like a tiger, soar through the sky like an eagle, sprint fiercely like a lizard, and rule the sea like a shark.

Kaze and the Wild Masks embraces all the classic 90’s platformer elements and gives it a personal touch with modern-looking pixel art graphics. With simple and intuitive mechanics, difficult challenges, iconic bosses, and the satisfyingly smooth platforming and speed of the game, you will find yourself hooked to accomplish everything.

Features:

• Unleash the skills of the Wild Masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard, and shark
  • Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands through collectables, achievements, and 50+ bonus levels
  • Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art
  • Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer

This is just the beginning for Stadia Makers. More and more unique voices are coming to Stadia, each bringing their own vision for what games can be. More than 15 games are already part of Stadia Makers. To learn more about them, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. And if you’re a game dev interested in becoming part of Stadia Makers, let us know.

______

By: Stadia Team

97 Comments
Founder
Founder

Stadia is turning into an expensive Indie game library... 

Community Member

These all look so **bleep** good!

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Those games look incredible! Kaze and the Wild Masks is a game I have  been looking forward to for awhile. I am glad to see such fun and varied games coming to Stadia!

Founder
Founder

Happy for more games. Who cares if they're indie games, that's the point of the hardware. The maker's program is a great idea.

Founder
Founder

How is this “news news news”?

how about we get an update on iOS support now that iOS14 is here. More indie games I can’t/won’t play isn’t news.@chrisfromgoogle

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

While any games are good, I most likely won't be playing any of those.

Why not port over AC Origins, AC Odyssey was hugely popular on Stadia. 

There are so many good games out there already (in some cases years old) that people still regularly buy on other platforms. 

Get them on Stadia, at this point your platform already has one foot in the grave! 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Stadia is nearly year old and Updates like just confirm a new GPU purchase is the way forward. Pro account now cancelled

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I'm glad some of the indie makers are finding success with Stadia!

Founder
Founder

Death Carnival and Unto the end for me. Both look so much fun and games I actually would play on any other platform as well, so Stadia is welcome 🙂

Founder
Founder

Awesome news! Really love seeing a platform embrace Indie Developers! 

Community Member

Great news, the more games the better. Indie games are a massive part of any gaming catalogue... I dare someone to count the number of indie games on Steam... so seeing the library grow is a big woohoo! for me. 

Community Member

Glad to see this!

Founder
Founder

Could you please make an effort to announce more mainstream titles? I'm not paying for Stadia Pro in order to play indie games.

Community Member

Care to announce Dead by Daylight for tomorrow?  Or are we going to just going to sit in silence and then hope it comes out on the 29th.  I really love Stadia, swapped my phone to a Pixel just to play, but I am so tired of not getting TRUE release dates for this platform.  "September" release dates are so annoying... 

Community Member

Yet more filler, in the form of yet more indie games.

Give us more propper games, this isn't what people are streaming in 4k for, to play 8 bit graphics indy games....

More AAA GAMES!!! 

Community Member

This is great! Looks mobile friendly which is very important moving forward.

Founder
Founder

Ah nice, these games look real nice! But what about the big names? And what about Bethesda being bought by Microsoft? Are we gonna lose them? And what about family sharing and all the other functions.

I love the system, I never had an xbox, but Game Pass + xCloud is starting to look better and better...

Community Member

This is such a strong blog post 💪🏼

Keep going.........👍🏼

Community Member

Can't believe that some people are living in a rock still complaining that Stadia no being playable on iOS is Google's fault....Apple already made it clear that if they can't get their nose a.k.a. verify each and everyone of game on each games inside Stadia, they will not allow Stadia app to be another point of access of the service on iPhone/iPad.

Why should Google (and yes, Microsoft) let Apple to charge money regarding Stadia out of nothing when Apple care less about anything outside Apple Arcade?!

Community Member

I honestly was so hyped to be a part of Stadia and expected some amazing things from you guys. I have personally waited a year to see what the outcome would be. I told myself repeatedly not to worry that Stadia was working on AAA titles that would fight alongside the PS5 and Xbox X new offers. However, it’s been a year and the holidays are approaching. The announcements have been nothing short of disappointing. Even bought the deluxe edition of Marvel’s Avengers expecting it to run best on the best hardware offered. I don’t believe in the 4K offerings and the promises you all pushed into our brains upon the announcement. This has been a very sad launch to watch and one I can no longer take part in. My finances are telling me to save my 10 bucks a month for my PS5 and stick to my current 20 buck 6 month membership to GeForce Now who is currently killing your library week by week. Best of luck Google! 

-Andrew

Community Member

Wow! 
sono giochi incredibili 🤯 specialmente Unto the end e  Death carnival! Pazzeschi! Gli altri purtroppo faccio fatica ad apprezzarli perché non sono il mio genere.. peccato. Ma comunque sono ben fatti e di qualità! Vedrò se portarli sul canale

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

4k hdr to play 16 bits games... Really ??? More aaa games please, we are in 2020! 

Founder
Founder
  • At this point...all I have to say is RIP Stadia.
  • Especially as a YouTube gaming streamer, Stadia would've been awesome to stream and promote.
  • Unfortunately I can't do that when Stadia has nothing to offer compared to Gamepass+xCloud, GeForce Now.
  • I guess I got a nice controller out of the Stadia Founders Edition deal
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I love the stadia indie games. This is going to be a great platform. No storage requirements will make these games so much easier to engage with. No need to delete games for the big AAA titles. 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Rictone

"I love the stadia indie games. This is going to be a great platform. No storage requirements will make these games so much easier to engage with. No need to delete games for the big AAA titles"

More like no AAA games to delete, PS you can buy a 2 tb drive for under £100, that's plenty of storage. 

Community Member

The AAA games are coming, even two this month. These aren't a replacement for AAA titles but in addition too.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@JakeFromSF

You clearly don't get it do you, Stadia have had a year to flesh out their games catalogue, they've failed badly on almost every aspect of a gaming platform, features, communication, and games catalogue 2 games are coming out this month, in the meantime, they could of released 20 still popular older games.

Also notice how more people are posting about lack of games each week, now it's every other comment. 

Stadia seems to be being run by faceless suits that have no idea what "gamers" want (gamers with money anyway)! 

Founder
Founder

Are you bringing games from the Play Store and you forget to bring Mobile Legends or Areno Of Valor? This is **bleep**, I'm going to play Division 2 and cancel my subscription and forget about everything... What is this? Are they kidding me?🤣🤣( WHERE IS THE DESTROY ALL **bleep**ING HUMANS AND BUGMADDEN21 ) 😭😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 WTF 

Community Member

Well...it’s something, but it’s not Bethesda.

Community Member

I feel like the general feeling of these comments is that the vast majority of people want big titles and I agree.

I bought into Stadia day one because I am a supporter of the technology and the shift in the direction gaming is going.

There are some great AAA titles available, DOOM, Avengers, Assassin's Creed Odyssey etc. but I have seen a lot of titles pass me by this last year because they were PC and consoles and not on Stadia. There are also more to come, Star Wars Squadrons and the Harry Potter game to name a few.

I want to stick with Stadia, but there will be many who lose hope during this busy release period and shift to the new gen consoles. I want Stadia to do well with every bone in my body but I want reassurance that these big games than are coming to us as well as the new and existing consoles.

I understand many of you love indie games, but I think AAA games are a real opportunity for Stadia to flex what it's capable of and people who aren't inclined to spend big money and consoles or PC have a place to come.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

What a joke. I’m glad I pay for 4K to play 16 bit games. Stadia is turning into a laughing stock. These are NOT the kind of games I bought Stadia to play. Even with this pile of dross you don’t give release dates. I won’t be renewing my Pro membership. 

Community Member

This news is honestly a letdown. I'm not saying that these games are bad, but I just don't see myself playing any of them unless they are pro games. I want to play more AAA games and actually make use of my pro membership. I thought that stadia would be a different alternative to consoles, but now we are close to a year later and it just seems like a place to play different indie games. Sure there are some AAA games, but not a good variety of them.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@StadiaTeam

Are you going to start listening to your customer base?

While you still have one that is!

Release big titles, there are hundreds to choose from, it's actually like you designed your business model around wanting to fail. 

As for multilayer games on Stadia, like RDR2 online, MK11 etc, they may as well not exist, have you waited for another player to join lately?

Fix your **bleep**! 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Very excited for the new games on the horizon!!! 

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Nice addition to the library these games!

Appreciate also the Stadia Maker program, that's amazing for small studios and also a big chance for both (platform + developers). 🤗

Community Member

Let me recommend some older games that are already out that your customers would be delighted to see, rather than indie games.

World of warships. 

World of tanks. 

X Com. 

No man's sky. 

Diablo 2.

Monster hunter world. 

Yakuza. 

Control. 

There are so so many... 

Founder
Founder

I think we are getting a bit tired of hearing "coming soon to Stadia"After the announced games Sniper Elite 4 and DBD there is no news whatsoever!

I suggest it's better to say nothing.. now people like me are waiting and waiting for games we desperately need. 

My interest in Stadia is fading.. been pro since launch but we need clear news about the road ahead. 

Founder
Founder

P.s. Indie sh*t has Steam, we need AAA games !

Founder
Founder

Microsoft buys zenimax (doom, Fallout etc.) for 7,5 Mrd.

Google offers indie games 🤣

Some people drive also today a Trabant 👍

Community Member

It seems like a lot of you don't understand that Stadia is a PLATFORM. They have no access to triple A games unless that games development team and publisher ports the game over to their platform. That is a very intensive process for the game developers due to Stadia running off of Linux, most games are created for Direct X and not Open GL which is a Linux standard. Have you ever wondered why you must hack a game / run the game on an simulated windows program within Linux  to play it? Because the games are not nativity created for it. Stadia has a huge up hill battle to get triple A games on their platform. They have to try and make deals with huge game companies that may not think it profitable to redesign the game for controller support and Linux.

--If you want triple A games... Start telling these game companies you want the game on Stadia! They are the ones that need to Listen to their communities and consumers. They are the ones making the games for specific platforms!--

So seeing small Indie games is awesome, that means these indie companies took the time and resources to port the game over or made the game mainly with Stadia in mind. Stadia is going to take quite a while to get going. Due to they will have to create most of their own Triple A titles through their own game studio. Most large companies are after your money and not a quality game for Stadia. They will create a game and kicked it out on a single platform due to contacts with Sony/Microsoft X BOX or even Steam. Ever heard of Gran Turismo? Ever seen it released on anything other than a PlayStation? (NO and you never will as long as their contract stands with Sony.) The contract will stipulate how long that Game can be sold on that platform before it can be ported to another. OR the game creators will make a game for Steam, Xbox, OR PlayStation and not worry about Stadia due to it being on a different platform than the PC/Consoles. Some game companies just don't have the budget to create their game for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Stadia.

People have to understand porting a game over to Stadia is not a click of a button and poof the game is there. They may have Triple A games coming on the horizon but who is to say a large game won't take a year or two before it is ready to be played on Stadia. This is due to the massive changes that may have to occur for the game to run smoothly on Stadia. 

If you are impatient and are not liking the titles presented then don't pay for the pro sub. No one is forcing you to do so. Right now the main convenience of Stadia is being able to play games across multiple screens (If and it is a BIG if! you have an internet connection fast enough to do so.) 

Community Member

Let me be clear. I should’ve known Stadia wasn’t gonna be the place to play games when they said Cyberpunk would be late to release on stadia. It’s not being delayed anywhere else and the developers themselves pushed the game back pretty far to which I would think gave you plenty of time to have it ready to release on launch day......but nope. That’s when I honestly lost hope in you all. You had everything handed to you to get this game ready for launch and it’s still delayed. Like cmon now. It’s 2020. We have all had enough empty promises this year. 

Community Member

@Vampireeyes You won't be finding any news on an iOS version until Apple updates their AppStore Policy.  Their current policy makes it unrealistic for any game-streaming service to be on the AppStore.  That is why xCloud, GeforceNow, Stadia, etc will not be coming to iOS anytime soon.

Community Member

OK... everyone Stadia has nothing to due with the games coming late to Stadia! you are griping up the wrong tree. They do not create the games! you must go to the games dev team / publishers and ask them why they are choosing to focus on PC/Consoles first and not Stadia! The game dev/publishers are the ones pushing games back for Stadia NOT GOOGLE! 

please do some research and gripe at the correct people. Googles hands are tied. They can whine and cry and throw a huge fit at these game developers but in the end google has no say in the game development process unless it is within their own studio!

You want these games on Stadia? Then we should be asking the developers to create the games for Stadia along with google. You have to show them that it is profitable for them to take the time to add Stadia into the creative process of creating the games! Yes the games have to be coded and designed to run on Stadia and it is different than a Console or Windows*PC.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Synzoa

IIf Google wasn't willing to put up the money to port games over, and rely on late releases of new games etc, they should have delayed the launch for at least a year, that way, we'd have had the few decent games Stadia already has, and a slew of games (hopefully being released from November onwards).

And people are "crying" at the right people, you know what Google has plenty of? 

💰 Money 💷!

You know what game developers want to port games over to Stadia? 

Money! 

By the rate Stadia is going, when it's worth having as a platform, everyone will have left, and be telling people not to go near the platform because it's terrible, and I'm not just talking about games, I'm talking no text chat feature a year after launch. Zero communication between upcoming features and the customer, you know when I found out that I could pre order Immortals (the first game you could)? The day it was released on the store(I now have the gold edition pre ordered on PS5 (yes I got a console pre order) and Stadia.

Stadia as a platform seems to be being run by people that don't have a clue about what's going on. 

Play Destiny 2, you can litteraly see the number of players dropping daily, by the time the PS5 and new Xbox are out, even people like me will have just given up with Stadia, through frustration of never being listened too. 

All my posts sound like I hate stadia, I actually am a huge fan of the concept, but it's being run into the ground.

I'm 42 and retired (I can't afford a yacht, but I'll never have to work again), the only real benefit stadia has over a PC or next gen console, is no disk swapping/unlimited space, and cheaper startup. I can buy both consoles again and a new RTX 3080 card for my PC, and Stadia will add noting to the mix, no Stadia exclusives, no improved games performance and it lacks all of the time tested features of the PS Xbox and PC.

So unless they step up their game pretty **bleep** fast, why should I bother with it after the 13th or 19th (depending on which house I'm at)? 

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Synzoa

AAlso, want to know why I used AC Origins as an example of a game that should be in the Stadia catalogue? 

AnvilNext 2.0

"AnvilNext 2.0 has been used for five Assassin's Creed games. It has been used to develop Assassin's Creed: UnityAssassin's Creed: Syndicate, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla."

If ubisoft has already ported over the games engine, that's 90% of the work, porting over the actual games to run on the already working AnvilNext 2 engine is relatively easy, and just think how happy AC fans would be with an" upgrade " or however they wanted to market 4 more AC games (that people still buy today).

That, or you could just not pay for Pro, buy a next gen console or GPU, and forget about Stadia all together (after all, I could have bought all the games I bought on Stadia cheaper on steam, CD keys, epic, ps4 or Xbox.) as I'd litteraly have no need for it, I'd already have a fully functioning platform with decades of experience. 

Stadia should just vopy/paste the PS business model onto their platform. 

Community Member

Sigh... Google is a large company yes and they do have money. Does that mean that all of its money is funneled to Staida unfortunately no. It is a publicly traded company that must answer to share holders. Make divvied ends and be profitable for its share holders. It is not a private company that can do what ever it wants with its money. Stadia is an off shoot of google and google would be its parent company. It has a budget it must follow or abide by set by its share holders and the people that invested into Stadia. 

I guarantee they did plenty of research before even mentioning this platform to everyone. I also bet they reached out to all these game companies and said look at this cool offering we have. You know what happened they said that is cool but we don't have the budget to code a game that has been through its life cycle if we can't make a return profitable enough to recode it. Google can not as a company pay the game makers to port every game over and then turn around and give it to you for free. The model must sustain itself within its budget.  That is business 101. It surprises me how many people look at these companies and say they have tones of money give me free stuff. That is not the day and age we live in. Look at the pandemic the government and people are more worried about the all mighty dollar than their own lives. So there is no company out there that will loose money just to do so. 

The game companies tested the waters. You want more Assassins creed yell at Ubisoft. Tell them it would be profitable for them to code older games and port them to Stadia and that there is a market for it. Yelling at Google notifies them that you re interested. I bet they track that and if there is enough of us saying we would buy the game they can show that to the game company and they would then code the game and port it over. We along with google can state that to these companies. But until these game companies know they are not tossing their dollars down the drain to code these games it will be an up hill battle. 

Founder
Founder

If Stadia really wanted to promote their gaming platform and the benefit of not having to deal with storage issues with certain games and there updated they should've had Call of Duty: Warzone brought over. That would've been the perfect way to showcase how to not run out of storage.

Another option would be to turn on the YouTube streaming feature that they showcase last year during their initial announcement. That would give gaming streamer a way to promote Stadia.

Founder
Founder

Stadia had All in his Hand one year ago. Power to Display titles in 4k and good graphics, no lags, best Controller (my opinion) and a good gamer base to push it up in Youtube.

They used nothing... 

Xcloud with a xbox is already better than stadia...

They missed to line up.

Silence is the Word what discribe stadia best the last Year 

Founder
Founder

It definitely does make it difficult to promote when I have to use other software to stream Stadia since Google never fulfilled their promoting the YouTube streaming feature. That would have been phenomenal way too really show off Stadia... Especial using Stadia on a Chromecast ultra and still being and to live stream.

Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

It's not about making a profit right now, it's about setting up a platform that will eventually be profitable. 

Also, I did mention this, all AnvilNext ac games currently out still sell, hence profit.

I'll say it again for the hard of thinking, either Stadia should have delayed its release by at least a year, or acquisitioned a load more AAA games before release.

Something like Stadia is going to be made or broken on word of mouth, and in my case, out of the 50 or so friends who were interested in stadia, or got dragged here by me, I'm the only one left, add that to the 20 something members of my friends list, 2 of which are still active, and only play Avengers, stadia has lost 70 potential customers, probably for life, and many of those are doing their best to bad mouth stadia in various discord channels, not out of spite, but because they thought it was garbage. 

If stadia want a playerbase in a year or two, they need to keep the ones they have happy now, and if you hadn't noticed, every other post is "there's no good games, if I want indie garbage, then I can go to stream". 

I'm not going to bother to respond to anymore of your nonsense, you have no idea what you're talking about, and it seems like you are just saying all Stadias problems and with game dev companies. 

You seem to have forgotten about no text chat, zero information imparted to the customer about the upcoming services or a road map of the "future of Stadia". 

I'm a fan of the concept, but the truth is that Stadia is a badly run company by people who aren't in touch with the "gamer zeitgeist", and refuse to listen to all the people leaving the platform saying "I'm leaving for reasons x and y". 

It's **bleep** well time to fix reasons x and y!