cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set out on adventures with games coming to Stadia this year

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
43 32 23.1K

There’s nothing quite like getting lost within the worlds of adventure games like Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, République, and West of Loathing, which are arriving this year for purchase on the Stadia store. Explore the hand-drawn characters of the Monster World Kingdom, escape a dangerous futuristic world, or embark on a zany quest through the wild west.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Developer: Game Atelier & FDG Entertainment
Publisher: FDG Entertainment

A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music, and gorgeous hand drawn animations.

Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You'll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.

Features:

• Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
  • Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
  • Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
  • Hand drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
  • Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi, and Takeshi Yanagawa.

Republique-Keyart.jpg
République

Developer: Camouflaj
Publisher: Camouflaj

Developed over five years by industry veterans at Camouflaj (developers of the upcoming Marvel’s Iron Man VR), République is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of a corporate republic.

You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a dangerous futuristic world. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of deception across five thrilling episodes.

West of Loathing
Developer: Asymmetric
Publisher: Asymmetric

Say howdy to West of Loathing -- a single-player slapstick comedy adventure role-playing game set in the wild west of the Kingdom of Loathing universe. Traverse snake-infested gulches, punch skeletons wearing cowboy hats, grapple with demon cows, and investigate a wide variety of disgusting spittoons.

Talk your way out of trouble as a silver-tongued Snake Oiler, plumb the refried mysteries of the cosmos as a wise and subtle Beanslinger, or let your fists do the talking as a fierce Cow Puncher. Explore a vast open world and encounter a colorful cast of characters, some of whom are good, many of whom are bad, and a few of whom are ugly.

Features:

• A sprawling open world, chock full of quests, puzzles, and mysteries
  • Lush hand-drawn black and white graphics
  • Full stick-figure customization
  • Thousands of jokes, gags, and goofs
  • Crunchy turn-based combat (but only if you want it)
  • Liberal use of the Oxford comma
  • Over 50 hats
  • Disreputable saloons
  • Several gulches
  • A drunk horse
  • NOTE: characters are not literally colorful (the game is in black and white)

-----------------------------------------------

More games are coming to Stadia this year, including Marvel’s Avengers, The Elder Scrolls Online, and SUPERHOT. Keep your eyes on Stadia’s Twitter and Facebook for more news on upcoming games and other up-to-the-second announcements.

______

By: Stadia Team

32 Comments
Community Member

I want Republique!!!

Community Member

looks good. all 3 of them actually. 

Community Member

Time to buy my other half a controller then as she adores Monster Boy. 

Hands down, this platform keeps getting better and better. I'll be skipping next gen consoles for good at this rate. 

Great work, guys. 

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

All of you can play DOOM Enternal, for me, Master Boy is just perfect! 🤓

Great to see, that the Stadia team support more or less indie developers!

To be fair, "this year" is a long time to go. Could you a little bit more pricese? Q2, Q3, Q4? 🙂

Community Member

Not sure about Monster Boy, but Republique and West of Loathing are games that have caught my interest. I'm happy to see my platform of choice growing every day.

Community Member

The episode game interested me than the other two I think the other game on switch is 40 dollars but I wanna get more games on stadia

Community Member

Stoked for 2 of 3 monster boy seems lame as hell but that's just my opinion though great job guys keep the awesome work up still hoping for a dedicated rally or mudrunner game!! 🤘 Never had such a great gaming experience!! I'm actually so stoked to try west of loathing 🤣😂

Community Member

Enough of the cell phone games. Where are the AAA titles. 

Community Member

When Elder Scrolls online?

Community Member

You guys are AWESOME!  I need a job.  You hiring?  Just joking!  No I'm not.  I love seeing that you are proving that you are here to stay!   Long live Stadia!

Community Member

I love these casual games where you do not need to follow a story for weeks. Just some relax and fun! So great!

As a veteran, I love games like tomb raider, too. But that needs time on the weekends.

Community Member

new games are always good news. but the most powerful cloud gaming service, with the power of the best servers around just to play games that would run on mobile and old games. why should i play them on stadia by paying monthly and at an increased price game that i can play on my old laptop by paying them even less and without having to pay a monthly?

Community Member

This is great! Thank you Stadia.  Please consider adding Call of Duty games soon!!!

Community Member

I would love to see more JRPG style games.  Hopefully more come in the following months.

Community Member

What? Why cell phone games? Why stream games you can play on any device anyway? Who is choosing these games please fire them and find someone who will get more good games on this system 

Community Member

Is this Google’s way of telling me I should’ve just stuck with my Nintendo Switch?  Utterly laughable. Triple AAA titles please.  We are not your beta testers.

Community Member

I'm excited for Monster Boy it looks like fun and i hear the background music is suppose to be epic. West of Loathing looks good too. But i don't know anything about Republique.

Community Member

With those type of games, Stadia will have a difficult time making a name for itself in the gaming industry. I am 100% sure that all of those games can be played on a mobile phone. Republique is a 2013 mobile game.

Community Member

Keep the games coming I am super excited!!

Community Member

Great Job for the Family users here but I also want to play more AAA Like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Watchdogs, etc....

And please bring FIFA21 to the Platform! 😉

Happy Easter Team!

Community Member

Capcom catalog please. We need some Resident Evil.

Community Member

More $60-80 price tags that you can collect on top of monthly subscription? 

I should've known.... 

Can't wait till Google pulls the plug on this scheme too now... 

Community Member

That's not AAA games. where's call of duty? Wheres Fifa?

Community Member

I got Monster boy on my PS4 when it first came out.  It's a cracker.  A beautiful/ hand drawn Metroidvania.  You guys will love it.  

Community Member

Just bought a PlayStation to play AAA Games. Thank you stadia for waisting my time and money

Community Member

Merci de préciser quand les smartphones Android seront enfin compatible avec stadia?! Je vais finir par me désabonner pour get force! 

Mon smartphone est un mate 20 pro.

Community Member

Hahah western loathing looks funny. good content. republique reminds me of bioshock for some reaason. 

Community Member

What, how would cows every be demon in any way, #carnismRuinsEverything🤦‍♂️

Community Member

Monster Boy!!! Yes! It's an amazing 2D classic platform game!! With high resolution drawings

Community Member

Still waiting for watch dogs. 

Community Member

Thanks for giving a **bleep** Google.

Great to see you answering your customers concerns and showing you care.  You sure do care about customer satisfaction.  Well done.  Way to go.

Community Member

Right on! 

Does the theme to Monster Boy sound a little bit like the Gummy Bears sound track (the old gummy bears cartoon), It has a few similarities, love the 2d graphics though 😛