cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Games Coming to Stadia Pro in December 2019

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
154 180 64.1K

We are excited to share two new titles that will be available for Stadia Pro subscribers for the month of December.

In addition to being able to claim both Bungie’s exceptional multiplayer first-person shooter Destiny 2: The Collection and the stylized fighting game SAMURAI SHODOWN, starting at 9 AM PST on December 1st, gamers will also be able to claim:

StadiaPro_DecemberGames_Body.jpg

Farming Simulator 19

Become a modern farmer and develop your farm on two huge American and European environments, filled with exciting new farming activities, crops to harvest and animals to tend to. Drive over 300 authentic vehicles and machines now including John Deere - but also Case IH, New Holland, Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Krone, Deutz-Fahr, and many more. Grow your farm online with other players!

-and-

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

The cinematic action-adventure that forced Lara Croft to grow from an inexperienced young woman into a hardened survivor has been re-built, featuring an obsessively detailed Lara and a stunningly lifelike world. To survive her first adventure and uncover the island’s deadly secret, Lara must endure high-octane combat, customize her weapons and gear, and overcome grueling environments. The Definitive Edition of the critically-acclaimed action-adventure includes digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady games mini-artbook and combines all of the DLC.

In order to add these games to your library, open the Stadia app, click Store, and claim them under Stadia Pro Games.

As a reminder, you will have access to play the games you claim while you are a member of Stadia Pro. If your subscription lapses or you cancel it, you will lose access to those titles, though you’ll continue to have access to all the games you’ve purchased on Stadia.

______

By: Stadia Team

Tags (2)
180 Comments
Community Member

Oh my god, to the people bitching about having bought Tomb Raider. Stop whining! They are adding a solid game to Pro, sometimes you miss out because you bought it earlier. It happens. It'll happen again in the future. Just be happy, 10 dollars or euro's is still a bargain for Tomb Raider.

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yassssss I saw tomb raider in the store and it looked very enticing! I just bought FF15 so I guess I'll be hopping between these 2 and destiny 2!

So many great games!

Community Member

Awesome Stadia Team! Just insane and awesome! I am so happy that you guys bring Farming Simulator to Stadia Pro this is the best game for Stadia's use cases! I am going to spend all my breaks in university with Stadia and Farming Simulator! Best reaction to all the people saying "Stadia is not the Netflix for games and that is why it is so bad!" if you are going to continue your plans Stadia is going to become even more awesome! For me it already is the Netflix for games! Love you guys! Shoutout to all of you!!!! BIG ❤️

Community Member

Does Google have a bunch of paid shills around the forum? Everyone calling out the complaining and rooting for these crap announcements.

If you haven't owned or played Tomb Raider 2013 in 2019 then you are either a casual or non-gamer or have been out of it for long. This game is free in gamepass and has been given out so many times before. IT is a very good game for sure but no real replayability if you've played it before. 

People keep making excuses for Google and why? Why not give out a game that is new to the store instead of something many of the founders could've bought since it is cheaper and there isn't a lot of content?

People saying it is good even if you bought it because you get to keep it. This is not a positive when this game is often free on other services as it is very old. 

I just can't I get being positive or keeping an open mind but some of you are just too much. This is a crap offering for December after a terrible launch last week and the terrible performance of DEstiny 2 and RDR2 that can't even keep up with consoles on the visuals. 

Community Member

Awesome games!

Always wanted to play these two titles..

Please keep up the great releases coming on Stadia Pro!

Community Member

Google,

You put the game on sale for $10, a bunch of us buy it, then you make it free days later?...come on 

Community Member

Loved playing tomb raider when it first came out. I know it will be tons of fun to play again with the new enhancements of the definitive edition. 

Community Member
I hope people realise that if you decide to go down to Base that you still get to keep the game right...? End of the day, you were happy to spend your cash monies on the game before this announcement but now you’re getting salty because it’s part of the pro sub? That’s just the nature of being part of a subscription service.
Community Member

when available Ghost recon breakpoint. It is very favorite game I want to buy it now ..

Community Member

@Medic 

You realize would have preferred to not have the rebate or not have it free in December? 

What are they supposed to do remove the option to buy the game before they make it free? 

Community Member

@Medic  you know that kind of stuff happens to me on steam all the time. I'll buy a game at full price and it will go on sale the next week for the "weekly deals" it's just life. 

Community Member
I wouldn't buy Farming Simulator, but for free, I think it will be interesting to try.
Community Member

I've just paid for the to.b raider 😭😭😭😭😭😭 will I get a refund? 

Community Member
So what happens to prep subscribers that already bought one of those games? Now I don't want to but anything out of fear it will be free down the road.
Community Member
@BMox81 No, dont get me wrong, I certainly do not expect for Google to hault sales prior to a free release. But, @BMox81 stadia release was Nov 19 , were december releases not discussed like at all?....someone knew going in that TR would be on sale week one, then free by week 3. Someone must have rationalized, "hey maybe our customers wouldnt appreciate that?".....the window is just too narrow. Its discouraging for those who are investing in stadia right away, despite the overwhelming negative reviews
Community Member

Is it the Standard or the Platinum edition? The pic is Platinum but the description just says Farming Simulator.

Community Member
I've been wanting to play Tomb Raider since release som this is great news! Farming Simulator looks funny! Hope to see native 4k on TR. 😀
Community Member

Can I please get money back I already bought that tomb game,  really sucks, why would you put out games  already could have bought

Community Member
Can Buddy Pass people access previous month's Pro games like D2-The Collection, when it's time for them to join?
Community Member

I have always wanted to try the Farm Sim... I have no idea why.

Community Member
Great! How about EA sports NHL 20. Also, stadia is still just a beta you should really be giving founders an extension to their pro-plan. Not at that is promised on launch.
Community Member

Any news about PRO discount for december too?

Community Member

guys, at this rate how do you think you can compete next year with microsoft or just psnow? we need great exclusives with the pro and competitive prices in the store

Community Member

Kudos to you @StadiaTeam and @GraceFromGoogle.  There are always going to be people who complain about anything and everything, especially those who don't understand how product launches go and don't work in IT and don't understand the marketing, etc.  

Was the launch handled the best it could've been - no. Was the communication the best it could've been - also no.  But, it's getting better, quickly.  It's obvious that Google is taking an "agile" approach and using iterative improvements for their processes and their product.  As someone who works in the field, I can definitely appreciate this, though I wish there would've been more communication to the fan/player base up front (transparency is always the right choice.)

I'm happy that we're getting two games for Pro!  (While I don't think they're the best choices, I think they're decent choices.)  For those complaining that you bought it and it's included free next month, welcome to buying games online.  This is common with all of the Xbox Live/PS + memberships.  The communication will continue to be more consistent.  I am excited to see how things move forward, especially over the next few months.  

(Also for those of you who care, I've been gaming since the 1980s and owned just about every major console/handheld and custom built multiple gaming PCs over the years.)

(Also, for any of you looking to get a refund for Tomb Raider - navigate your web browser to https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory and click the three dots on the right next to your Tomb Raider purchase. Click report a problem, select an option and then fill in the required fields and submit. I had purchase Tomb Raider, but hadn't played it yet, and received a refund approval within a minute of my submission) I look forward to gaming with all of you online! ~ Turtle

Community Member

Thankfully I haven't bought tomb raider yet, however I do wonder how this will be handled in the future if you already own a game for a while? I mean I plan to have the pro sub only because I want to support stadia, but am not going to buy games if I don't want to play. Granted I would imagine "free" games will be older, and thats fine with me.

Community Member

There needs to be some type of compensation to those who already own the game(s) that become "free" for "pro" users. This doesn't have to be directly cash, as Stadia could use some type of credit system, etc.

The reason for the need of a compensation, is that pro users will now hesitate to buy games to see if it will become free for them later. As someone who buys a LOT of games, this is a real concern for me as one of the main selling points for choosing the pro plan is that you get free games!

For an ending thought, this could all be avoided if they had a 1 (one) year plan that showed which games would be free for pro users. That way if we purchase the games ahead of time, then that would be our own fault. 

Community Member

Bought Tomb Raider last week, requested a refund just now and it was approved. Thanks Google for the refund and for providing this as part of the Pro subscription.

So far loving Stadia. A few glitches on Destiny 2, but nothing I don't expect to improve over time. Loving the tech, not so much the price of the games.

Community Member

Well, there goes 10 bucks! I (and others) bought Tomb Raider. Guess why?

Why would you offer a Pro discount on a game one month and then give it away the next month? 

That makes no sense. Now I will have to ignore Pro discounts in order to get the benefits of a Pro account's free games.

Surely you can see the ridiculousness of this arrangement.

Ever considered testing ideas out on customer focus groups? Looks like it might be a great idea for y'all.

Community Member

Despite buying Tomb Raider a few days ago and playing for more than 2 hours, support refunded me the game. I can't play it until December now but I'm ok with that. I respect that it's a bumpy road rolling out this kind of tech to the world, but also that Google seems to be working with us.

Community Member

Gah! Just bought tomb raider last night! Always wanted to try farming simulator though!

Community Member

I feel like people are posting fake responses here with the extreme positivity. $10 a month would get me a 2013 old game and Farming Simulator on fake 4k? Come on.

I just can't. I'll give kudos to Google and team because the streaming works great but the graphics quality of most games is inexcusable and these offerings are worth some criticism. 

Being only positive will make them think they are doing great when they are dead last in the gaming scene right now and not doing to leg work to be relevant. 

Community Member
Stadia ist Great. Stadia ist the Future. Forget Scarlett or PS5. Let‘s change the way of Gaming together!!🤟
Community Member

My son will be happy with Farm Simulator... And I will be playing Tomb Raider!! Good to know!!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey everyone, Friendly reminder that you'll have access to any titles you've claimed as a Stadia Pro subscriber for as long as your Pro subscription is active.
Community Member

@Mode why does there need to be compensation? People bought the game because they wanted it and it was cheap and because it’s now going to be free everyone’s getting the hump?

Sorry, but that’s the nature of buying a game digitally and being part of a subscription.

Why do people have to find negatives about owning a game as well as it being part of a sub as well...?

Community Member

@Maaseru Your expectations and reasons for purchasing the product are likely different from mine and very well may be different from lots of others.

For me personally, the ability to take my gaming and go, bounce back and forth between screens, and not have to travel with more than a controller and chromecast ultra/phone/or a device with a supportive chrome browser is what I wanted from the product.  Would I like for every game to be 4k? Absolutely! (I certainly have the internet connection with no data cap to support it!)

Do I think we'll get there? Yeah, I do. Is it a deal breaker for me, right now? No. Neither are the choices for December's Pro games.  The library will continue to grow and expand. Much like I've felt with MS XBL and Sony's PS+, there are some months where I've been thrilled and others where I've been absolutely disappointed.  It's going to vary player to player. 

For me, it's huge that I don't have to fight for the TV or be confined to my desk in my office to play.  I can switch screens at will, play on my phone, or in a chrome browser on almost any device in the house, regardless of the specs of the hardware itself.  When I travel in early December, I'll bring my CCU and my controller. No need to bring my gaming laptop or console.  Makes traveling a heck of a lot easier on me as a gamer for sure.  (As did the Nintendo Switch!)

My response isn't fake and I'm not a "shill" for Google. I'm just an informed opinion with different immediate expectations of the product than you seem to have - and that's OK! 

The difference of opinion is healthy for the product and service as a whole and I'm glad you're sharing yours.  Positive debate about what can get better IS helpful. I think we can both agree that more transparency in the Stadia teams communication strategy, outlining Pro games well in advance so that people can better plan purchases, and more regular Stadia Connects on a publicized regular schedule would be big steps in the right direction.  

Thanks for sharing your opinion and I look forward to gaming with you on Stadia!

~ Turtle

Community Member

So does this mean I can get a credit for Tomb Raider?? Perhaps Google should have just given us a choice of two games on day 1. 

Community Member

Again, I really encourage Stadia to THINK about these kinds of actions!

You offer a PRO ONLY discount on the game AND next month GIVE AWAY the same game to ONLY PRO users...

Doesn't that at least *sound* a little crazy to y'all?

Community Member

What would have been great would have been a choice of game out of a selection of titles.  I'm personally waiting to buy the game I bought Stadia for, just in case it comes down in a black Friday deal, or a oops we screwed up one time offer... 

Still I am not scoffing at the option of a couple of additional games. Thanks Google. 

PS - my set up is working perfectly, couple of occasional judders on wifi, but now gone hard wired and it is so much better, both image and latency

Community Member

How do I get a refund. I've just bought tombraider and played more than 2 hours of it. I've seen comment that refund by will given outside the normal time frames in this case?

Community Member
I can't wait to see what the future holds for this platform!!
Community Member

Tomb Raider could be fun.

I can read the marketing slogan: Join Stadia pro and gain free access to Farming Stimulator!! 🙂

Community Member

@Maaseru can I have your controller?

Community Member

Any word on when borderlands 3 is coming? I want to play that game more than any that were promised to come so far. 

Community Member

@BMox81 Did you not read the entirety of my post? I clearly stated why the need of some form of compensation is needed. Not only that, I gave a couple of real solutions that would work for everybody, and one of those was just to list the games they’re going to make free for the year.

Yes, people bought the game because they wanted it and it was cheap. But, people also subscribed to the pro version of Stadia to get free games –which Stadia makes a big deal out of to sell the pro subscription. If someone bought every single Stadia game—which there are not that many right now—then ONE of the main perks of having Stadia pro is lost to that subscriber.

Right now, there are not many advantages to having pro, and I’m sure Google wouldn’t be happy about losing subscriptions over something that is completely preventable!

Community Member

**bleep**... I'm trying to make a case for Stadia to my friends, but this is just embarrassing. Tomb Raider (not even SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER) came out in 2013. I already played and beat the game years ago when it was FREE on PS+. I can just go plug my **bleep** PS3 in to play again if I want. And Farm Simulator? Yeesh.

Get it together Stadia. I know when the info was released in your offices, your team members could not have been pumped about this after such a rocky start.

@Maaseru  yea, all these overjoyed responses feel fishy to me too.

Community Member

I understand that I lose claimed free games when I cancel pro subscription. But do I get those back when I re-subscribe at later date? 

Community Member

Nice I brought tomb raider but just got a refund nice and simple .

Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle and the rest of the company. Thanks so much for approving my refund for TR. Community members, when something goes wrong....its ok to call it out, that's how constructive criticism works. Granted, no "bleeps" are necessary (you members know who you are lol). But I for one did not flip out or anything, just was bothered how things unfolded...why push a product under the guise of a "pro subscription benefit" to then give it away for free as another "pro benefit" days later. Double jeopardy y'all.
Community Member

Don’t have bought any of the two upcoming free games but i must say that Google are doing the right thing refunding the people who just bought any of them.

Nicely done Google!