cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview with Moonshine Studios on Get Packed, plus new trailer

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
36 17 6,214

Arriving soon for purchase on the Stadia store, Get Packed is a co-op game and a First on Stadia title, full of calamity and carnage for 1-4 players. As seen in the new trailer above, the game combines frantic scenarios with ridiculous physics as you help the citizens of Ditchlington relocate as fast as possible.

To help prepare for the arrival of Get Packed on Stadia, we chatted with Jamie King at Moonshine Studios to learn more about its development!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Could you introduce yourself and Moonshine Studios?

My name’s Jamie King, and I’m a designer at Moonshine Studios. We’re a five-person indie developer based in Cornwall, England, and we’ve been working with our publisher, Coatsink, to bring Get Packed to Stadia!

With Get Packed being Moonshine Studios’ first game, how do you see it paving the way for future games from the team?

While it’s still early for our team, we hope that Get Packed will be a cornerstone that allows us to make unconventional and ambitious titles for years to come. It’s been great creating Get Packed as a comedy and physics-centric game, and moving forward we hope to expand and create new genres and trends.

It looks like we have an all-new trailer for Get Packed featured above. Can you explain how to play Get Packed?

Sure! Get Packed features frantic, physics-based gameplay for 1-4 players and blurs the line between co-operative and competitive multiplayer. As an employee of a removals company headquartered in the town of Ditchlington, you’re tasked with saving the townsfolk from the evil Industrial Salt Corporation. You’ll need to pack your way through a variety of unique levels in increasingly bizarre tasks.

What inspired your team to develop Get Packed?

It all started out with our team’s recent move to Cornwall, England - the topic of packing and relocating were on all of our minds. Combined with our goal of creating a game that both family and friends could play together, we created Get Packed! We wanted to make a game that appeals to both core gamers and players with limited experience, and we’re really happy with how it turned out.

What’s your favorite gameplay moment in Get Packed?

Personally, it’s a tie between two laugh-out-loud moments. Either dragging a T-Rex skeleton through the museum with a frantic guard chasing after us, or stunning the opposing team with a well-aimed lamppost and preventing them from winning...

What makes Get Packed unique within the co-op genre?

We focused on making Get Packed with silly physics mechanics that can combine to create crazy gameplay results. There aren’t many games where you can shoot a firework into a keg, sending it rocketing towards your face and knocking you to the floor!

Why are you excited to develop on Stadia?

Stadia has been a massive help in developing physics-based multiplayer for online play within Get Packed. While physics-based gameplay mechanics and online multiplayer work well in local and split-screen games, you typically face latency issues in online multiplayer games that make development an absolute nightmare. Thankfully, Stadia provides a unique solution to ensure every player online has an accurate shared multiplayer experience.

What else should players know about Get Packed?

Our single and multiplayer campaigns offer a tremendous amount of replayability with both local and online play. It’s an ideal game for quick pick-up-and-play fun with friends or family, with tons of customization unlockables for completing different levels and challenges. On top of all that, we plan to drop some add-on content post-launch bringing new levels and more to Ditchlington! We can’t wait to see everyone’s screenshot and video clip content captures on Stadia. Have fun!

17 Comments
Community Member

Can't wait. Looks very fun. 

Community Member

I have been looking forwards to this game since announcement. I can't wait to play.

Community Member

I'm just waiting on the date reveal, and eventual release to try it out. Looking forward to it!

Community Member

Same another online multiplayer game can't wait to try get packed soon 

Community Member

I can't wait, looks super fun. This was one of the games I knew I was gonna buy when I bought Stadia

Community Member

Okay but when is soon lol 

Community Member

The more I see the more I want to play it!!

Community Member

I'm calling next week. The promotion is being ramped up so much now that it has to be coming in the next few days.

Community Member

Before today i would have denied the game but now after watching the new trailer and reading the interview i'm excited.

looking for people that plan on picking this up at launch. 

My Stadia name is petemyky18 #9539

Community Member

Can the multiplayer-function explained more detailed?

Is it possible to play with 4 players (controllers) on ONE screen together?

I have now the maximum amount of controllers of 4, got them easily&cheap from some poor blighters with very low bandwidth. Would be a lot of fun to play on the big screen together with the family.

Community Member

Looks brilliant, well done team 👍

Community Member

This looks hilarious. I'm already sold. 

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Looks amazing and funny that game 😄 

Community Member

Thanks guys

Community Member
Ok
Community Member