Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explore emotional journeys with narrative games coming soon to Stadia

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
54 19 12.3K

Stadia_2-Games-Celeste-ElHijo.jpg

Some of the best games weave powerful stories and narratives that stir up our own emotions as players - and we’re excited to announce two new narrative games coming soon to the Stadia store for purchase. Search for your mother across the dangerous lands of the Wild West while staying hidden in El Hijo - A Wild West Tale, a stealth game with a focus on puzzle-solving. Help Madeline climb to the top of Celeste Mountain and overcome her larger-than-life emotions in Celeste, the award-winning nimble platformer.

El Hijo - A Wild West Tale
Developer: Honig Studios
Publisher: HandyGames

El Hijo - A Wild West Tale is an exciting non-violent stealth game, in which you guide a 6-year-old boy on his quest to find his mother. Across a remote monastery, a harsh and unforgiving stretch of desert, and a frontier town rife with crime and villainy, players will need to find solutions to progress by combining stealth and puzzle-solving.

Features:

• Survive the Wild West with the cleverness of a young hero
  • Explore dark monasteries, deserts, and boomtowns in a spaghetti-western world
  • Merge with the shadows to hide from the lawless
  • Solve playfully tricky environmental puzzles
  • Use a playful arsenal of tactical toys to bypass and distract diverse desperadoes
  • Inspire other children towards the path to freedom
  • Enjoy the gripping storyline of a brave son searching for his mother

Celeste
Developer: Matt Makes Games Inc.
Publisher: Matt Makes Games Inc.

Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight, hand-crafted platformer from the creators of multiplayer classic TowerFall. Brave hundreds of challenges, uncover devious secrets, and piece together the mystery of the mountain.

Features:

• A narrative-driven, single-player adventure like mom used to make, with a charming cast of characters and a touching story of self-discovery
  • A massive mountain teeming with 700+ screens of hardcore platforming challenges and devious secrets
  • Brutal B-side chapters to unlock, built for only the bravest mountaineers
  • IGF “Excellence in Audio” finalist, with over 2 hours of original music led by dazzling live piano and catchy synth beats

----------------------------------------------

More games are coming to Stadia this year, including Marvel’s Avengers, Baldur's Gate III, PGA Tour 2K21, Cyberpunk 2077, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. For a full list of games available on the Stadia store, visit Stadia.com.

Keep your eyes on Stadia’s Twitter and Facebook for more news on upcoming games and other up-to-the-second announcements.

______

By: Stadia Team

19 Comments
Community Member

Hype hype new games 

Community Member

Thank you so much for bringing Celeste to Stadia- one of the greatest games I've ever played in my life!

Community Member

I’ve already played Celeste on Steam I think, but regardless the point is I can say this is a TOP NOTCH vidja grame and worth buying if you’re into spicy platformers. I’ll probably get it here too, especially if there’s some way to transfer my data.

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Love these little teasers. Absolutely cannot wait to see what's in store in the connect!

Community Member

Is great!!

Community Member

Could you please stop to put indies and indies, and indies and more indies???

Indie games are ok, but Stadia is 99% indies. Please, is enough. Happy to preorder a PS5. It seems that Stadia is not taking the game seriously.

Community Member

@LocutusReyBorg Bye Felicia

Community Member

It's nice to see more games being added but some AAA games would be great too.

Community Member

Great with more new games coming to Stadia. Thanks! 

The narrative games are really good for Stadia! I do like action games a lot and they can be played on Stadia too but somehow I feel more "safe" with puzzle games and I think users with lesser good connection than me possibly value that genre a lot more. They are also very well suited for the controller 🙂 

Community Member

@Brendan5536 One of the greatest games you’ve ever played? Ever? Are you maybe overselling it a little

Community Member

The Witcher 🐺, Monster Hunter 🦖, Days Gone 🧟‍♂️, Resident Evil 🧟‍♂️, WatchDogs, WatchDogs 2 👾, Apex Legends 🦾, Rocket League 🚗, Immortal Unchained 😑, Batman Arkham Asylum 🦇😩❤️, Catherine 😳... Bruhhh & More Games 🙀✌️... Plssss 🍀 

Community Member

We have Apple Arcade for Indie games. Wouldn’t mind to see some real content. At this point, sorry Stadia, getting a little disappointed. 

Community Member

Bering big games 

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Those two narrative games sounds nice, I'll probably pick them up later. 🙂

Still excited for Cyberpunk 2077, Baldurs Gate III and Assassins Creed Valhalla!! Can't wait for those 😍😍

Community Member

Its passed 7/9 where is Celeste?

Community Member

So there's some to young to know how to spell commenting and some just complaining about anything they can dear god how pathetic can people be @LocutusReyBorg 

Community Member

I love when Stadia adds new games to its catalog however, recently I've been bored because I've mastered, completed, or got bored of the games Stadia has.I wish they would add a survival type game such as "seven days to die", "ARK Survival evolved", "Minecraft", or literally any good survival type game. Some game with almost no limits and endless fun so i wont get bored and forget Stadia exists, come back a month or two later and continue the endless cycle of playing games and then waiting for something new, but i would understand if it isn't possible to do such a thing, and to those who have read this have a nice day!

Community Member

I don't understand the annoyance about Indie games in Stadia. At the moment I estimate the distribution (AAA:Indie) about 50:50.

I love the announcements here on the Community Blog! 👍

Community Member

Whilst any games added to the catalogue is a good thing, Stadia need more AAA games ASAP, I know people that have already left the platform due to the lack of games. 

That said, I've heard really good things about Celeste. 

Keep building Stadia, make this platform the success it deserves to be.