cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dig into new adventures with SteamWorld, coming soon to Stadia

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
53 33 27.6K

Can you dig it? Four of the most celebrated games in the Steamworld series are coming soon to Stadia. Spectacular spelunking, quirky quests, and hyperspace heists await you in a quartet of crowd-pleasing, genre-bending titles.

If you’re a fan of action-adventure platformers, SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Dig 2 are the place to start your journey. Turn-based strategy enthusiasts can dive into SteamWorld Heist, while deck-building fans will find a new favorite with SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech.

SteamWorld Dig
Developer: Image & Form
Publisher: Thunderful Publishing

SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

Features:

• A rich world of steam-driven robots, inspired by Steampunk and Western themes.
  • Explore an underground world full of secrets, treasure and terrors.
  • Uncover the remnants of human civilization, a degenerate race of dynamite-wielding troglodytes.
  • Randomized worlds with emergent gameplay.

SteamWorld Dig 2 - Launching into Stadia Pro

SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.

Features:

• Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
  • Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat.
  • Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges. Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
  • And finally, learn the truth about your long-lost friend...

SteamWorld Heist

In SteamWorld Heist you command robot pirates in epic tactical shootouts. It’s turn-based strategy with an action twist: By manually aiming your weapons you'll pull off insane bullet-bouncing trick shots!

As the captain, you board, loot and shoot your way through enemy spaceships. Overcome the challenges of the vast frontier by upgrading your recruits with unique abilities, weapons – and even stylish hats!

Features:

• Strategy focused on skill rather than chance.
  • A smorgasbord of engaging and rewarding missions.
  • Kind to newcomers, deep and challenging for veterans.
  • Soundtrack by real-life robot troupe Steam Powered Giraffe.
  • Procedurally generated levels.

SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Launching into Stadia Pro

SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech is the roleplaying card game you’ve been waiting for! Lead a party of aspiring heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck choosing from over 100 unique punch-cards!

What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The game’s humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SteamWorld Dig 2 and SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech will be available for Stadia Pro subscribers to claim and play when they launch! 1  All four SteamWorld titles will be available soon for all players to purchase within the Stadia Store, too. 2  As always, you’ll be able to jump in and play instantly, without waiting for your games to install or downloading updates.

In addition to these games from the SteamWorld series, you can look forward to Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, Spitlings, and many more games coming to Stadia this year. Keep your eyes on Stadia’s Twitter and Facebook for more news on upcoming games and other up-to-the-second announcements.

1 Active Stadia Pro subscription required.
2 Additional purchase required.

______

By: Stadia Team

33 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Awww these look so fun! That last paragraph is hype material!

Community Member

Keep the games coming! Loving the oncoming news we're getting!

Community Member

Great news and even more so that these will all be pro games to claim!

Best check the launch dates for Watchdog and Cyberpunk though - that doesn’t tally with the official publishers line.

Community Member
Always good to see more games coming to Stadia!
Community Member

So much positive news coming out of stadia towers this week. We love to see it ! 

Community Member

You guys just keep rolling! Amazing updates this week! It is going to be an exciting year to be a Stadia player.

Community Member
Another great update from the Stadia team, these games look super fun! Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see what more you all have planned!
Community Member

Nice update thanks, Dig 2 looks like a fun little platformer... and more justification that PRO has value

Community Member

Yahooo good games

Community Member
Excellent support for indy devs and not-so-know publisher dedicating a month of Stadia Pro on them.
Community Member
Awesome news! And 2 of them will be free for pro subscribers?!! Keep it coming Google 😁
Community Member

These are all great games, but if they're released at full price it'll be a hard no for most. All four have been in countless sales on other systems for long enough, (I'm pretty sure I paid less than £5 each for both 'Dig' games, and less than £8 for Heist) so hopefully the developer isn't expecting full price retail on Stadia..

Community Member
Ooooh....kids are gonna love these!
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide
Awww that's amazing! And thank you so much for giving two of them for free for Stadia Pro ❤️
Community Member

@Rokk - CDRP has 09/2020 as the Cyberpunk release for PC/console with Stadia an unspecified later date. 

I see it as completely plausible that the collective devs/engineers at Google and CDPR will have the game running on Stadia servers in 3 months. 

My guess is that they’re waiting to see what the final performance is going to be with the standard Stadia kubernetes container resources running the latest Vulkan API. And since this is going to be a huge release, my second guess is that Google is going to be willing to allow additional resources to the containers running Cyberpunk so that it will run better at higher settings than the PS5/XBSX.  

Community Member

These games look so much fun! I haven't even heard of SteamWorld and I'm wondering how I've missed these. Kudos for kid friendly content making its way too! 👍

Community Member
Well, I've already cancelled. If you had these kind of games from the beginning I would have stayed...
Community Member

New games Great.

Keep it up Google all this is very positive.

Watch Dogs Legion is a game for 2021 just like Baldur's Gate 3.

And someone correct me but CDPR has already announced that the launch is not the same date as PC or Consoles, if they have confirmed 2020.

Community Member
amazing!!! new games, free games, and i really love indie games!!! perfect to play it on the go!
Community Member
@StadiaTeam: "SteamWorld Dig 2 and SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech will be available for Stadia Pro subscribers to claim and play when they launch!" Uhm, ok, that's nice - but when do they launch? You forgot to mention the date..
Community Member

Amazing news, held off buying these on switch... So glad I'm going to get chance to play... And as pro games!!!

Almost missed that

Community Member

More games is always good news. These aren't necessarily the games I'd choose to play, but i like anything that expands the platform. 

Personally, I'm hoping for news of a kart racing game or a football game 🤞

Community Member
Instead of these community posts, you guys should try doing something similar to Nintendo Direct, or State of Play. Not only would it gain more traction online, but it would be a much more hyped-up event to look forward to.
Community Member

I am a hardcore supporter of Stadia because it works for me (I got a fast speed wifi and 4k TV just to enjoy it). I already made a collection of 20 Stadia games. Now, I do not understand the hype of other people commenting, to the point that I wonder it they are not paid bots. This announcement of this game series seems just fine, but nothing revolutionary. But this is Google behind: I am still expecting a fast catch up with the industry in terms of videogame catalog, both in size and quality. I can understand it needs time, but this speed is exasperating. All the news I get in my phone is from websites and reviewers suggesting ways to unsubscribe from Stadia, but I want it to succeed. Guys, keep bringing new games to the platform, but please please please, the only way the negative press will shut up is if within the next three months you offer 25 new games on Stadia. Do not wait for the Christmas season. It has become urgent now.

Community Member

Star Citizen plz

Community Member
Dig and Dig 2 don't feel like games I would buy, but Heist, and Quest will definitely be on my purchase list. 5 Games announced today. Crazy.
Community Member

And I'm already giving you too much information where you have to go Google. Actually, if I really told you how you have to look to the future, you would be the only company you would be in the market ... both videogame and hardware developers would be buried and forgotten.

Community Member
Spoiler
This is a great start, but I would like to see some more well-known games on Stadia like Terraria, Cities: Skylines, or Minecraft.
Community Member

Steamworld is well-known... each games are multi million sellers on other platforms...

Community Member
Well done! keep going Stadia!! Bravo 😉
Community Member
Wow ! I can finally play games that I could play on gameboy in 1992 in 4k ! (satirical :D). It's good that games are releasing faster on the platform, but I'm waiting something much better than this to "jump for joy" ^_^
Community Member

These better bot be free games in the next coming months, I know they are good but not something I want over MK 11 for example

Community Member

Two titles missed out so far. Is there any release date?