Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 3rd Community Update

Community Manager
Community Manager
132 93 86.1K

Hey there everyone!

The Stadia Community Team is back again with some more updates for you all. Take a look below to see what's happening.

• Final Fantasy XV -- A number of users are reporting issues pertaining to saved games not working properly on Final Fantasy XV. The team is aware of it and we're working on a fix.

• Founder code redemption -- There have been some questions surrounding the redemption period for Founder codes. Founder codes are valid for one year after you receive it in your inbox.

• Destiny 2 on Stadia Pro -- Some players have asked about the availability window for Destiny 2 on the Stadia Pro subscription. Destiny 2 will remain available for the foreseeable future, but in the event that the availability is set to change, we will do our best to notify you all ahead of time.

We're keeping an eye on things and are taking notes on top requests, so keep that feedback coming! Thanks everyone~

- GraceFromGoogle & the Stadia Team

93 Comments
Community Member

Are you guys going to put upcoming releases on the store for pre-order at any point? I believe Darksiders releases tomorrow but there's no trace of it on the store yet.

Community Member

There are so many epic battle royals on Android right now that it would be a great idea to give them a home on Stadia. 

Community Member

Not sure if anything changes but since last week the quality of RDR 2 is amazing on the Chromecast, really impressive and smooth.

Community Member

Now, how about addressing the one and only true issue we have with you. Compensate us for lying to us in your marketing. 

Community Member

Amazing response to concerns, Outstanding Customer service! Thanks! 

Community Member

Can’t wait to see how this product develops, so far so good in my opinion. 

Community Member

About samurai shodown? And Darksiders genesis?!?!?

Community Member

About samurai showdown? And Dark siders genesis?

Community Member

How about fixing the 4K 60 FPS thing. 

Community Member

How about fixing the loading screen in NBA2K20. Takes 10 minutes this time to load 🤦

Community Member

Hola!

Sabéis cuando estará solucionado el problema de guardar partida en ffxv? 

Estoy al final y me da mono!

Gracias 

Community Member
Playing Darksiders Genesis and it won’t let me move past chapter one, just shows chapter one and all the things I collected on my 3 playthroughs of it. Some kind of glitch? Any fix for that yet?
Community Member
love grace
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle - what's the deal with playing Stadia games on non-Pixel phones? This is clearly not a technical limitation, since there are numerous blogs out there telling people how they can trick Stadia into working on their phones if they have root access, so is this just a ploy to try to push people to purchase Google phones? Since we''re paying for Pro subscriptions, why not just let us all play as long as we have, say, an Android 10 phone? 

At a minimum, can you give us more information about WHEN it will be available to play on other devices? 

Community Member

You have 10,000 founders barely 100 comments. ... This is rough. I am sincerely disappointed with profromance and updates. I've been sending daily feedback on my phone after every session. WHY is every game having resolution drops? Not having hardware but having said hardware lag and be non-responsive, Audio issues.,etc and be CONSTANTLY DROPPING OUT OF  4K.Is this a serious launch? That's my Big question... This feels like a Beta. SHOW me this is a powerful gaming platform because right now very SUBPAR 

Community Member

Really glad to hear from the team. Any news of when the controller clip (Claw)  is available? Also, I'd love to know when Bluetooth is going to be enabled for the Stadia Controller so I can stop using my PS4 controller to play Stadia on my Pixel 4 XL. @GraceFromGoogle 

@Forge how close are you to your TV? Quality for me is great. Are you hardwired? 

Community Member

Dear Google Team,

unfortunately I cannot find a community support anyway and that's why I'm asking here:

Is it possible to change the community display name to match it with my Stadia name as I (in a moment of mental weakness) took my Battletag instead of my Stadia name?

My Stadia name is Borussia

Thanks for your help in advance.

Community Member
I have to delete my cookies every time I play Google Stages on my computer, otherwise the game will not start and I get a black image
Community Member

@Bertus thanks for that quick fix. I just assumed the servers were busy since it started working later in the afternoon. 

@GraceFromGoogle if Stadia plays PC games, is there any updates on Fortnite, Apex, PUBG, or Dauntless? Just other F2P games would be nice

Community Member

Hello,

What's going on with NBA 2K20? There has been a bunch of issues with players loosing their career files and alot of glitches, also it has to load updates every time its loaded up.

What's the time line on the fix and how does Stadia plan to accommodate players who are dealing with these issues? (Were not BETA testing, were pay to play, players)

Community Member

I think we purchased $9.99 just for 4 games? I think it is not favorable, much less prompts to renew the subscription

4 games is lower between xboxacces, ps4+, Xbox life, etc.. why? Because is your competency.

Community Member

@AlbertoGlez476 must be nice to only pay $9.99 for 4 games. Did you just snag a snag a code and pay for the sub? 

Community Member

I see more post about updating the community about the graphics of your platform. People asking why isn’t it better then the 7 plus year old systems. I’m sure you won’t respond or give a generic corporate answer but I support y’all just give us the real gamers a answer. Would be nice. 

Community Member

That's all good..  but the important question is, when will Red Dead Redemption 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider get a Pro discount?

Community Member

😍

Community Member
WHERE ARE THE FREE TO PLAYS!? Any real answers for us?
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle  I have to start by saying I love what you are doing and have been particularly pleased with setting up a community and being both vocal and responsive to that community

That being said with Google+ having been a thing for 7 years and recently shelved because it never quite found its niche...surely it can rise from the ashes and this can be its niche...the Stadia community platform. Certainly this is working but it all feels very fiddly and ungoogle. I get updates by email or have to manually check without notification on the stadia app to be linked to a web page, to scroll to the bottom, be told you have to be signed in to comment. Very messy.

I know it's still early days but this is just feedback...difficult as it may be, when things are up and running more fluidly. Post holiday season, in the new year. A timeline for both features and releases would be good.

I know it's not something that you won't be hard at work on but I think getting a few cheaper games and ported classics would be nice to cater to lower end market.

I think you did a good job with Darksiders...I think it's really important that you can support big game releases on release day, going forward that has to be a must and then just getting as many new releases as possible on Stadia...a big AAA Stadia exclusive...from the Stadia development team...a game for release for Christmas 2020 (or before). I think that could make a lots of people consider Stadia for a Quality 2020 gaming experience without having to pay release prices for a 2020 console.

But really it's fantastic better than I hoped at this stage, there has been bumps and there will be more but I'm thoroughly impressed and have already stated that this could be one of the best investments I have ever made.

That is because I sincerely believe that Google will achieve what it's working toward here...well it has achieved it really. 2 months ago on the same internet I could not share play from my PS4 Pro I'm now dancing around Greece in 4k/2k with nary a stutter. Google has big plans with Stadia...I'm excited to be on board and see where this ride takes us.

Community Member

Hi. I sold my 2014 PS4 on the same week I received Stadia. I live  in a hot country and it feels great to be gaming without the PS4 or laptop fan doing noise hahaha.

Yes,  it feels like a beta in some ways because of the unavailable features but the core gaming is rock solid at least on ethernet/5Ghz WIFI, and more important, IT DEFINITELY FEELS LIKE THE FUTURE and it will get better. Gaming as a streaming service opens a huge world of possibilities. 5G networks are already in the beginning of being the new standard...imagine in two years...

I frankly don't understand why Stadia is receiving criticism in some tech video channels or magazines. They must understand that a newcomer can't be in the same market position from the day one. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo had decades to build their know-how and relationships with game, studios..it seems like the new competition is not welcomed.

I definitely think Stadia will be the Tesla of gaming, to be a pioneer is not easy but in the next years their technology will be ahead his competition.

Great done Google. Just work hard on expanding the catalog and enable functions as Android gaming on any phone please 🙂

Greetings from Spain

Community Member
¿Se va a llevar Resident Evil 3 Remake a Stadia?
Community Member
Also in FFXV my character just disappear, the only character left is noctis, like I see the hammer of gladiol but can’t see him at all and the restaurant only noctis is eating (kinda sad if you say, don’t want that guy to be alone)
Community Member

Really love Google Stadia. I have a lot of fun whith Destiny2.

Community Member
Thanks for the update. Could you give us visibility (road map with estimated dates) with respect to when stadia pro will be available on Android non pixel phones? Also keen to understand when dragon ball xenoverse will be available and if you plan to have fifa or pes 20 on stadia. Experience is amazing with stadia but we would welcome weekly updates in a spirit of transparency with the founders and premiere community!!
Community Member
Hey Stadia, Où étiez-vous durant les Game Awards? Pas même une petite annonce... Pareil ici plus aucune annonce depuis plus d'une semaine, pas même pour prévenir des remises pro sur deux jeux. Merci https://stadiasource.com/ qui me donne davantage d'infos que ce forum officiel...
Community Member

@Skynet first off love the name aha, but great words, great post and I love the Tesla comparison too. Because it certainly does feel that way in a lot of circles, a lot of negativity through fear of what this means for PlayStation and XBox or the bottom line of two behemoths in Sony and Microsoft.

I certainly feel like this is a huge live Beta...but I thought that was kind of implied by the fact that Stadia's full FREE public launch comes next year. And that's fine by me... brilliant in fact, because again I think you are right...people are completely missing the point...Stadia doesn't even enter the market really until this time next year...when people will be asked to dole out £/$/€/Whatever currency 400+ for a new consoles, or for free, just buy a new console title and play in 1080p...anywhere with good WiFi. Or £8.99 for Pro in 4k and a free monthly game, which currently, are great because of the small catalogue of games, so though £8.99 is more than PS+, XBox Live, it's still fantastic value.

No, for me Stadia has one year to get it's affairs in order and produce a AAA title for next Christmas...because then they offer a billion or more gamers the opportunity to play the latest games...without the latest hardware...and that...that is a game changer.

Community Member

It's been almost 2 weeks and no update? I mean there is this forum and the News and Update section....

Community Member

@WooPanG I wouldn't count on it. Google likes to take their vacations.

Community Member

Would love to see a new batch of games! Specifically elder scrolls/ fallout series 

Community Member
When will Breakpoint be released on stadia?
Community Member
Thank you! Keep rockin and free us from gaming hardware slavery!
Community Member

Why is Destiny only running at 30fps instead of 60fps thats false advertising i paid for you im going to respond and theres other games as well and you charge more crazy

Community Member

For the extra cost of the Founders. Destiny 2 should be free for all time. Just my input. You can skip out of the future expansions sure.

Community Member

Thanks for all of these constant updates @GraceFromGoogle !

Community Member
Danke für die Uptades