Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Status Updates

Stadia Employee
Stadia Employee
72 23 15.5K

Hey everyone,

Starting today and over the course of the next 4 days, we’ll be rolling out a couple of updates to the Connection Panel on Stadia.

Based on your feedback, the connection status icon will reflect only your connection strength. So, you’ll see a green “Excellent” icon if your connection strength is strong, whether or not you’re streaming in 4K. Stadia Pro users will still see a 4K icon in the connection panel when streaming in 4K resolution. You can learn more about stream quality in our updated Help Center article, which details each of our connection statuses (Excellent, Fair and Game might stop).

These changes should help provide a more accurate readout for you and set us up for more refinements to the connection panel in the future. Just to be clear, your gameplay quality itself will not be affected. The only difference will be the reporting of connection quality.

----------
The Stadia Team

23 Comments
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

"Based on your feedback"

This is really nice to see! It's reassuring that people's voices are being heard.

Community Member

We love it when people start sentences with "based on your feedback" !

Community Member

This is great! Thanks.

Would it be possible giving some more depth into the three statues on the "Bandwidth, data usage, and stream quality" FAQ article? What is "required" from the endpoint to reach an "Excellent" status?

Community Member

Elle sont pas ouf vos mis a jours ces derniers temps et sa manque cruellement de nouvelles sortie de jeux vous vous étiez repris en main ya un mois mais là j'ai l'impression que c'est la pause comme janvier et février qui étais un gros trou noir de la part de votre équipe

Community Member

Nice update, keep 'em coming!

Will WQHD be supported sometime (soon-ish)? Because a WQHD monitor isn't 4k and therefore the stream will just be HD within the Chrome browser, the image always gets stretched and quite blurry.

Community Member

I love that you guys are building off the community. That is exactly how it should be. 

You guys work so hard and thank you for supporting us while we are all stuck at home. It means more than you know. You all are heros and anyone who says otherwise will see it eventually. 

Keep up the great work!!! 

Community Member

Fantastic stuff (information) making it  a lot more human (understandable) I guess 😎

Community Member

I think it would be interesting to have a checkable option in which the user could see a real-time read out of the internal render resolution, and what the stream resolution is. Maybe frame rate too? Kind of like the stats for nerds on YouTube.

Community Member

Even more, while checking the connection some more technical details would be great. I am suffering right now from "bad" connection, i am sure my provider is doing some weird stuff on the line, while everyone uses netflix, prime and other streaming things, it would be great to get more technical information. 

Community Member

"Based on your feedback"

Thank you for listening.

Community Member

i have the feeling it walks round and stable

Community Member

I just have a quick question for the devs is stadia ever gonna run on mobile networks im a tow truck driver and i want to keep playing my ganes on the go but i always need to find places with wifi and it sucks cause now of this pandemic no where is open for wifi and if i do find wifi the connection is never good i pretty much live in my tow truck 5 days out of the week 

Community Member

Thank you guys! Keep up the great work.

Community Member

wow " Based on feedback " you guys are actually taking the feedback serious thank you for tAKING YOUR TIME to actually do some updates in these hard times and stay safe.

Community Member

@StadiaTeam 

Thanks for this awesome update. I really appreciate that our feedbacks are listen.

Community Member

@StadiaTeam

I have just a question: I play stadia mostly on my TV on CCU, today I saw that the icon status of connection, even in gameplay didn't show the quality of my connection. I always have 'excellent', but as from today this icon stays white, showing nothing, like when I'm on Stadia dashboard before launching any game, is it related to this changes you are releasing? Thanks!

Community Member

I think this will be really helpful, even to those players who only see a slight lag during a game. Thanks

Community Member

Good morning? If a customer wants to return a game can we get our refund or credit to another game?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Community Member

Great news, when we press that button we want quick info and quick action (in the middle of something we'd like to quickly get back to being in the middle of.) 

To that end I would highly suggest L1 & R1 be used as volume control on that screen.

Just a UI guy's suggestion and kudos.

P.S. Having a blast.

Community Member

Ultra wide screens needs to be supported.  Hopefully its coming soon. An app for Android TVs would be great.

Community Member

porfavor habiliten latino america siempre nos llega tarde todo

Community Member

Perfecto☺

Community Member

Thank you for the update.