Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Buddy Pass for Founders!

Community Manager
Community Manager
83 117 84.7K

Hey everybody,

In the spirit of the holidays, we have an early surprise gift for Stadia Founders: an extra Buddy Pass! Give it to a friend, a family member… anybody you know who loves games. For more information on how to redeem your Buddy Pass, take a look at the infographic below: 

Buddy Pass Redemption.jpg

To send your Buddy Pass and get your chosen friend or enemy gaming on Stadia, open the Stadia app and tap the envelope icon in the top-left. Follow the prompts and give the gift of Stadia today! Please note that as soon as you tap "Send your Buddy Pass", you will receive a copy of your Buddy Pass code in your e-mail inbox, just in case you need it again later.

117 Comments
Community Member

Awesome, time to send that out 👌🏻

Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide
Bold of you to think we have 2 friends Grace! Lol for real though thank you!
Community Member

Nice move! Let the community grow! 

Community Member

How long do we have to send these out? Just three months?

Community Member

I don't even have the first one yet. To be honest it's not reliable enough of service to recommend to anyone

Community Member
No love for Premiere's who were also early adopters?
Community Member

When will the envelope appear in the app @GraceFromGoogle @?  I restarted my app, but it's not there yet

Community Member

Or not.. no envelope icon to gift this bonus pass out 👀

Community Member
Hm, I haven't even used the first one. Everyone from my gaming friends is busy and has no time to try it out.
Community Member

😮Incredible! Spreading the magic of Christmas Stadia 🙂

Community Member
This is awesome 🙌🎮
Community Member
That would be great but as long as Stadia isn't working on Chrome browsers, unless you have a good WiFi card (I guess), I cannot offer this to my friends. I'd be ashamed and don't want to hear them complain about Stadia. I really like the concept but if I can't play on my tablet while my wife is watching YouTube on Chromecast it kind of failed to deliver 😞 If you didn't need to plug in the controller I could at least play on my phone but how am I supposed to jam a full size USB into a micro USB. I don't want to buy an adapter. Just make the Stadia Bluetooth parable already. Can it be that hard?
Community Member
This is fantastic! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Community Member

That's your choice. The potential is there and I enjoy playing it. What I do is just take turns right now. So if my significant other is watching Disney plus then I'll just wait to play Stadia until she's done. It's a bit of an inconvenience but I don't mind It's not going to be like that forever. Like I said the potential is there an undeniable, some people are just impatient. And that's okay.

Community Member

Yay Thank you! Merry Christmas! 🎄

Community Member

Stay awesome grace. Thank you so much, and I wish all of you a merry Christmas

Community Member

Awesome! but... I have the founder's edition and i'm still waiting for the first one...

Community Member

Anybody want to share a buddy pass? 😁

Community Member

I haven't even gotten my first Founder buddy pass yet (loving Stadia though!)

Community Member
Amazing! Nice gift idea to a friend or family member! Now what about breakpoints arrival to stadia? Lol
Community Member

I'm actually very excited about this.

Community Member

Thanks @GraceFromGoogle  you da best!

Community Member

Awesome, how long will it take for these to roll out. My app isn't showing an envelope yet.

Community Member
So, just to confirm, since I didn't use my 1st pass yet I now have 2 passes right? And I can use/send both through the app?
Community Member
That's a good news!! Thanks look for a friend to share!!
Community Member

Lovely thought, have some fun over Christmas 

Community Member

If I just shared my first code today, can I expect to get the second one soon?

Community Member

Well I’m m a founder and in the uk I have no extra buddy pass is this just the US @GraceFromGoogle 

Community Member

All I need to do now is find a friend with a buddy pass to share with me!

Community Member

If anyone needs someone to give theirs to in the spirit of the holidays... I wouldn't be opposed to receiving one 👀

Community Member
Any luck on getting these for those who have purchased the PE. We have friends too!
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle I purchased two premieres edition you think I could please get one for a friend a want to play with ? 

Community Member

Anyone care to share a code?

Community Member
2Bad I in fact have NO Gaming Friends. Spend my last BuddyPass 2 my Son. Got a 3 Year old Daughter...maybe she would play...later?
Community Member

This is awesome!  I don't see the extra pass in my app yet, but I'm sure it'll be there soon.  Happy holidays everyone! 🙂

Community Member

@Herfen I mean, I'll be your friend!

Community Member

No love for premiere?  Some of us actually got our premiere  shipped and setup before founders!   And some vice a versa.  So we all waited about the same very long time and paid the same amount yeah get treated wildly differently.  Can't say I can recommend this to anyone now let alone give away a free buddy pass.  Way to crap on your early adopters.

Community Member
Any chance us premiere edition owners can get one too?
Community Member

Nice idea but at the moment there are Not enough games and not much Features can you tell us when will borderlands 3 come to Stadia this is a game for a buddy pass when will streaming features come to Stadia sorry at the moment is this a high price beta 😩😩😩I hope games and features come fast.

Community Member

I'm looking for someone to loan me a buddy pass that would be awesome. I'm a little on the fence but very interested

Community Member
I would love a buddy pass? Anyone want to offer?
Community Member
@Dinobot - I play on a 7 (almost) year old laptop with a wireless PS4 controller inside a chrome browser window and I have fantastic gameplay. I can also play with a wireless Xbox 1 controller in a Chrome tab on my workstation over a corporate VPN. I’ve actually made a lot of believers out of Stadia haters at work because they see me play everyday at lunch and they know how shoddy our VPN can be and how over-taxed our workstations are. I think it’s too bad that Stadia has the terrible reputation that it has, but it makes the service an almost instant-sell to all of the people who have been misled. People thought I was tricking them with a copy of Destiny installed on the workstation. They’d been lied to so much that they just couldn’t believe that 60FPS with no perceptible input lag was possible on Stadia, even in the best situations.
Community Member

Great surprise, thank you. I think this is a great way to show people that Stadia really works and now I’m looking forward to playing Darksiders with my friend who lives over 400 miles away.

Community Member

Anyone willing to gift a code I'm a huge gamer who cant afford Stadia but I will play games and I'm a good person. My email is micdadon85@gmail.com 

Community Member

Jeez let out a community update we need games google.... we invested in this hoping you do your part we do ours... and this game lineup is very pathetic, but very fixable... please get a **bleep** move on!!! Don’t make us all regret stadia!!! The games for me personally play almost flawlessly... but the lack thereof of games (again) is pathetic!!!!

Community Member

Thanks @GraceFromGoogle, much appreciated!

Community Member

Thank You! what really would have made a better xmas gfift (for me anyways) was just any update on ghost recon breakingpoint 😞 we're literally weeks away from the end of 2019 and you guys have given us no updates on the "said" games that are still "supposed" to be coming out by the end of the year (ghost recon and borderlands 3) now i understand it's not YOU, it's the devs/pubs but still it is YOU guys who could reach out to US all and just simply give us an update. even if it's not what we want to hear (as in the games won't make it to stadia by the end of the year but we may get them at least in jan etc) just something. please. it's better than just being in the dark. n this extra buddy pass is nice, sure, just truthfully i'll give you this buddy pass back in exchange for just information/an update. THAT would be a REAL gift imo. it's like buddy pass, sure it's nice, doesn't do anything for me though. i'm patiently waiting to play ghost recon (and haven't played it on any other platform yet, because i want to play it on stadia, even trying to look past ALL the negative feedback that game has gotten already, because i just want to try it for myself, but on stadia) but we haven't even gotten an update. not from your end, not from ubi's end (the devs/pubs etc) and it just sucks. I don't want a buddy pass. and i don't want even the game to come out, i just simply want an update. now is THAT to much to ask for? just a simple "hey guys, we just wanted to let you know what's going on with the games that were supposed to come out this year" "this is how it's looking, we're expecting to have them on .....this date" or even "sadly, we were not able to work with the devs/pubs to make these games come out in time, but we're working hard and we want to just LET YOU ALL KNOW we're aiming to have them come out early 2020" like you don't even need to put jan, or a time frame. just simply an UPDATE! please. whatever happened to the stadia connects? after launch you guys have done NONE! and i'm just over here saying, why not? you've launched, shouldn't a stadia connect be called for? so again, you UPDATE all your founders, THANK THEM! etc. yet nothing. no stadia connect, no updates on the games, just a free buddy pass.......:/ again, thank you grace, I still love stadia and i know you're all working hard, just please give us some update on the games situation ❤️

Community Member

@Tito lol what are you talking about? FOUNDERS ARE THE EARLY ADOPTERS! lol you "premieres" were late to the whole early adopters and you can still buy a premiere edition. that's why they aren't giving you anything extra, because you can still buy the premiere (as in it's not special and you're not an early adopter of anything) you can't buy the founders edition. n the whole REASON behind all that (like the exclusive name for founders while premiere users don't get that. you will have a username that someone else will have as well) was to RECOGNIZE those "Few" who did support the idea (hence founder) from the beg. that's why being a founder is "important" to the sense that it's not something just ANYONE and EVERYONE can get now. ANYONE and EVERYONE can go out right now and buy premiere edition though. so it's like saying, all those people who go out today and buy it, will get this gifts as well. it's pretty self explanatory of why it's only for founders. it would just make no sense to give it to premiere when you can still buy premiere etc.

That's just how you know, who has been here since day one (early adopter aka founder) and who just jumped in etc. premiere users, buddy pass users etc. like to be 100% truthful and fair. google didn't have to do the whole premiere edition, they could have just made it for founders (this test period) and then just go straight to public release in 2020. THEY are the ones that decided to GIVE PEOPLE ANOTHER CHANCE (as in those WHO MISSED OUT on being an early adopter/founder) to play stadia. that's literally the only reason the premiere versions exist. it's for those people WHO MISSED being an early adopter lol. I think you're missing the point and you don't know what an early adopter/founder is lol. 

Community Member
Wouldn’t gift Stadia to anyone in the state Stadia is in now. I would rather gift a cardboard calculator that I say has one million teraflops. That’s more than PS4 Pro, Xbox One X AND Stadia combined...
Community Member

Wow that made me feel superior! You guys rock!