Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 26th Community Updates - [Updated 3:09 PM PST]

Community Manager
Community Manager
131 75 31.2K

Hello, everyone!

We're going to be experimenting with a new method of information delivery today and tomorrow.  You can expect a new announcement thread from the Stadia Community team each day. In that thread, we'll make timestamped updates to drop any new information we have to share with the Stadia community. Thursday and Friday are national holidays here in the USA, so while we'll be browsing the communities, there won't be any significant updates. 

Let's kick things off! 

Tuesday, November 26th,

10:10AM PST

• We have been monitoring your feedback and are continuing to address issues both internally and externally. Thank you for your enthusiastic and honest feedback.

• We have some news to share later on on in the day, but at the moment, we can't divulge any details. Stay tuned!

11:15 AM PST

• Head on over to the Community Blog to check out an announcement regarding Stadia Pro games in December!

1:43 PM PST

• Hey everyone, friendly reminder that you'll have access to any titles you've claimed as a Stadia Pro subscriber for as long as your Pro subscription is active.

3:09 PM PST

• We know that some users have recently purchased these two games for their collection. Because of the proximity between the launch of the platform, and the announcement of these titles in Stadia Pro, we're happy to assist you if you'd like to request a refund if you have purchased either or both of these titles, even if it's outside of our normal policy.
75 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update 11:15AM PST

Head on over to the Community Blog to check out an announcement regarding Stadia Pro games in December!

MrYogi
Community Member
Super proud of you guys! Now seeing that you guys are establishing a more direct communication, not to mention the free games we are getting, makes me very hopeful about the future of the platform . Keep up the wonderful work guys and big hugs to all developers and IT team at Stadia. Not an easy task.
Stroodle96
Community Member

This is awesome.  Glad to see you guys heard our cries for clearer communication.  This is exactly what we wanted.  It is exciting to see what changes are being made and planned. Launch was rocky but the experience was well worth the wait.  Keep up the good work! 

NiftySwifty
Community Member

The news about Stadia Pro games in December is marked as Wednesday, November 27th. I assume that should have been on Tuesday, Nov 26th section?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@NiftySwifty Whoops! Thanks for the catch. (I was just testing you...) 

TheExoElite
Community Member

I’m looking forward too what’s next but this is a great start

Mst4r
Community Member

Hey Stadia,

J'espère des offres vraiment intéressantes pour ce black friday, une façon aussi de remercier les premiers acquéreurs...

Merci de prendre en compte le souhait de la communauté d'une communication régulière.

Juang17
Community Member
I want Ghost recon breakpoint now. When can I buy pls. ??
Morpheus
Community Member

Awesome updates, but it's really important that you announce Pro games at least one month in advance now cause nothing is worse than buying a game then getting it "for free" 2 days later ! 

SRSly
Community Member
Step in the right direction. Glad to see you guys are hearing and responding to some of the early criticisms. Thanks for the communication!
Nat3d0wg
Community Member
Can you clarify the question about picking up past games? I have a controller but am waiting on the buddy pass to release so that I can sign up. My brother bought the extra controller and I don't need another ultra so I have no need to buy a package. Will the games that are already put out there for pro members going to still be available for anyone later on. Is Destiny 2 special as a founders release or is it part of the pro lineup? p.s. Great stuff so far, I haven't had any trouble outside of the Bungie servers being down on release day.
yeti_jr
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle I joined a legacy salesCRM overhaul project as a product manager a few months before the [very terrible] launch this past year,so I can imagine the stress you all have been under for the last several days. I appreciate your resiliency and commitment to excel, especially with this recent change in communication. The gaming community can be oh-so-fickle!

Thank you for a killer gaming experience that I know will only get better! Kudos to the whole Stadia team.

Screetpeep
Community Member

First day today as a Pro member and I've got to say, I love it. I think Stadia is brilliant. Super excited to see what happens as it grows. 

NUGGGZY
Community Member

I’m really glad to see the shift in comms. Having more regular updates is only going to be positive especially while the platform & community is in its infancy.

Offering refunds for purchases of farming simulator & tomb raider is absolutely the right thing to do.

Good job Google. Stadia is fantastic!

Malthael
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogleThank you for such open communication. It's a boon to be able to just come over and see what has been occurring recently. I truly appreciate it! I do have a side-note question, not sure if it has been addressed elsewhere, but; are there any plans for participants of Project Stream to recieve a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Personally, I would love to transfer it from Uplay to Stadia platform instead or such. Thank you bunches!
Oneluckybullet
Community Member

Any news on the achievement system being added in soon? 

Kolma
Community Member

Wouldn't have expected all the refunds, but really glad you guys are starting on a good foot.

Prowlersl
Community Member

Hello, when is google planning on allowing us to play on tablets , currently I can play on pixel phone and TV via Chromecast and PC. Currently Xbox Xcloud allows more options. 

I want Stadia to make it, but you have to offer something that gets more subscribers and someone like me who have Xcloud and Stadia would want to choose Stadia .

Will Stadia offer a subscription service similar to Xbox play pass ?

Tyger
Community Member

This is a wise decision. The open line of communication will hopefully persist and not just be a stopgap to appease disappointed founders. The announcement of the 2 games for Dec is a step in the right direction as well in my opinion. Now we just need more options in the store to purchase. I want to expand my library but if the only games offered over the next few months are just from the list available now I'll be fun shy to invest in anything new.

Erico316ecw
Community Member

Hey can more then one person use the same chromecast to sign into different accounts?

KingMowa78
Community Member
Can you give a road map on how your going to improve graphics and stability of your service. I have so many questions and hope for you guys. Hope you guys don’t trash this cuz of the hate
Jewitt
Community Member

Nice work, communication is key and could keep the trolls at bay 👍

@Erico316ecw

Yes you can multiple accounts to one chromecast👍

Exar
Community Member

Very good move from Google/Stadia on this situation.

The more game there will be the less this situation will happen.

Long life Stadia !

SighFi
Community Member

Great to be part of something new and fresh.  Games may be .....well established....but the system is just fascinates me. Now to figure out my network settings to improve my experience on my PC... Chromecast play is rock solid.

PlaySetsUsFree
Community Member

Super excited to get my teeth into this new era of gaming....bring on the evolution 🤘

Shamy
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle How can i apply for a refund? Yesterday i bought the Farming Simulator 😞 

cynic
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle First of all many thanks for the way you are communicating currently. This is really great. I have purchased Tomb Raider and would like to refund it, since I am planning on keeping my Pro subscription. How can I request a refund? Doing it through Play Store website was denied twice in a row now... 😔
CookieMcCrumble
Community Member

I bought tomb raider a few days ago but actually, I'm happy having paid it. If my sub ends I can continue to play it. Even though I've played it countless times since the ps3 days. 

Obviously not ideal, but I've had the same happen on PSN, XBL, Steam and GOG before and I've learned to lick those wounds tenderly xD 

Nick
Community Member

I appreciate the updates. Is there anyway to have the daily thread emailed to me?

Mst4r
Community Member

Tomb raider acheté hier, j'ai demandé via le support Google a être rappelé, bonne prise en charge et remboursement sous 3jours.

Parfait 👍

pplante19
Community Member

Hi @GraceFromGoogle Just to make sure on that statement : Hey everyone, friendly reminder that you'll have access to any titles you've claimed as a Stadia Pro subscriber for as long as your Pro subscription is active.

While I understand this, if I redeem some games, I can play them, it's ok, but what if I cancel my subscription in May and then I subscribe again in September, do the previously redeemed games will make a comeback in my inventory OR they are gone forever ? In other words, do I need a non-stop subscription to keep the redeemed games ?

Caanen
Community Member

You guys are doing incredible work. I can't imagine the kind of pressure you all are under. So far Stadia has been an enjoyable experience. Keep up the good work and have a happy turkey day!

GalaxyReader
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle, I've bought Tomb Raider a week ago. It's nice that you are refunding. What's the process? Thanks.
SpartanJohn117
Community Member
Thanks for putting in the nessassry effort to make Google Stadia into what it should be. However I just wanted to make sure you guys don't plan on cancelling Google Stadia anytime soon... right?
Erico316ecw
Community Member

@Jewitt thanks for letting me know I really  appreciate it. 

Maaseru
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle Why is Google choosing to give out games that are already available and sale? YOu had to know many could have bought them because of the limited number of games available.

Why did you not give out a new game to the service that was not there? How and when will you add more/new games?

Why are free games old or too niche? COme to one Tomb Raider is from 2013 and Farmin Sim is niche. There is Gylt which is exclusive, there is Gris which has a mode exclusive to Stadia? 

Why is Google not doing better with communication, quality or performance of the service. Once the other players come with their own streaming Stadia will be dead in the water. 

Zapatilla
Community Member

I've bought Tomb Raider last week. It's nice that you are refunding. What's the process? If I return it before it is activated in stadia pro, will I lose my progress or stop playing?

Thanks

Vaetix
Community Member

If Pro subscription lapses temporarily, will pro titles be available again once renewed?

Untag83d
Community Member

Hi, how do I go about getting a refund for purchasing Tomb Raider, now that it's going free?

Kebuno
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle  Can you please tell me how to proceed with Tomb Raider refund?

Kebuno
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle  Can you please tell me how to proceed with Tomb Raider refund?

Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle When the Founders Edition was announced one of the perks was getting Destiny 2 for free.  They way it currently appears in the system, it looks like it is considered a 'free game' like the monthly free games.  Do Founder Edition owners lose access to Destiny 2 if we drop the pro subscription like you would the monthly free games?

Focom
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle  Can you please tell me how to proceed with Tomb Raider refund?

Erico316ecw
Community Member

@falcon iI already got the refund already .so I went into the google support website and spoke to a Google employee they their live chat support and they instantly refunded the price of tomb raider within seconds.  So hit up google live support from the stadia website

Oasis
Community Member

Thanks

scout
Community Member
I had to dig around to find the link for the G store support team contact info. Here it is, and you'll need the order # for your purchase https://support.google.com/store/contactflow?hl=en
BadZombie
Community Member

The refund button is not avaiable. How would one go about getting one for tomb raider without the button being their? Also does this mean we would lose our save data if we refund?

Harsha
Community Member

could we expect new games coming in future as the pro free game rather than the once that already available for buying, so that we need not go through the refund process again..?

Syntaxerror
Community Member

Hi...how Can i obtain a refund ? i bought the game this morning...

Bottlerocket80
Community Member

You're doing the right thing. Good to see someone doing it right!