Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 3rd Community Update

Community Manager
Community Manager
132 93 70.5K

Hey there everyone!

The Stadia Community Team is back again with some more updates for you all. Take a look below to see what's happening.

• Final Fantasy XV -- A number of users are reporting issues pertaining to saved games not working properly on Final Fantasy XV. The team is aware of it and we're working on a fix.

• Founder code redemption -- There have been some questions surrounding the redemption period for Founder codes. Founder codes are valid for one year after you receive it in your inbox.

• Destiny 2 on Stadia Pro -- Some players have asked about the availability window for Destiny 2 on the Stadia Pro subscription. Destiny 2 will remain available for the foreseeable future, but in the event that the availability is set to change, we will do our best to notify you all ahead of time.

We're keeping an eye on things and are taking notes on top requests, so keep that feedback coming! Thanks everyone~

- GraceFromGoogle & the Stadia Team

93 Comments
MrVacca
Community Member

Thanks for all of these constant updates and listening to our feedback!  Looking forward to when the next batch of games release. 😁

ContraNetwork
Community Member
Thanks. Now a games and features roadmap would be appreciable 🙂
GordonKim
Community Member

Thanks for the update. The FF XV saving issue was very annoying. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Anarchy
Community Member
I'm curious, are we okay playing ffxv up until we run into the save bug or should we hold off until then? I'm mid way through chapter 2 but I'm willing to shelf it until the fix is issued so I don't potientially have to restart the game in the rare instance that the bug fix requires a complete restart. Thanks for addressing it regardless!
Chamillion
Community Member

Thx for the update. Why is the graphic quality of RDR2 so low? The PS4 and XBox graphics are better....

mist3rious
Community Member
Thanks for the Update.!
angelluisc101
Community Member

Will there be weekly game updates for new titles? Also, for games that we know are on there way to Stadia (like Doom 2016), will they follow suite or will there be random updates for those titles?  Thank you.

GigoFlow1709
Community Member
We need more indie games to bolster the library. Exclusives are a must have but a thriving indie scene would be awesome
Xevioso
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle it's good to see you didn't quit after the first week! Hope you're ready to field even more crazy questions! Good luck!

Systemeeror
Community Member
Come this week New Games on Stadia?
Inferno
Community Member

Más juegos!!!!

Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@GraceFromGoogle : Many thanks for adding an update on the FF XV save bug.  I see that CodeMasters fixed the bug that was crashing GRID on Stadia too.

Hopefully if such serious bugs occur in future, we will get prompt updates on their progress.

Also, it would have been useful to add a statement about Google Assistant now available as "Early Access" and that it can be enabled on Stadia Controllers via the Stadia App.

Just for information:

Early Access:  For now, use the Assistant on the Stadia home screen on TV.  Soon you'll also be able to use it while playing games as well as in the Stadia app and website.

What to try:

• Play Destiny 2
  • What's the weather?
  • Roll the dice

Kikonerd
Community Member
A must have: It would be lovely if we could share the screenshot and videos.
Kikonerd
Community Member

Also a must have:

Cross game with other platforms;

Possibility to see the ping on real time;

A good supporting system...as actually we can't even get a refund or something like that;

Updates with straight info (I am talking about black Friday).

Regarding the other subjects...I must tell you all I am really enjoying to be part of this new era and part of this community...we will achieve a remarkable change on videogames. This will get bigger and better ♥️

Mr_JtowN
Community Member
Enjoying the updates so far!
Variant
Community Member
It would be great if we could change our FOV in Destiny 2. I play on small screens a majority of times and the gun takes most of the screen.
Burnthouse
Community Member

So today I've been playing Assassins Odyssey overall I'm enjoying it... however their are issues with the sound through headphones which gets distorted during mass fights. But aside from that my Stadia experience has been enjoyable have a stable connection and I'm using ethernet connection.

Please consider making google play games available to play on this platform.

Xevioso
Community Member

They forgot to mention in today's "Latest Announcements" that Google Assistant can now be enabled on the controller. Go to your profile in the app, and scroll down there should be a Google Assistant option. Select it and there's a toggle to turn it on or off, and some disclaimers. It's only working with the TV/Chromecast setup for now though.

Northlight
Community Member

@Chamillion The gfx are actualy PC like on my setting. There multiples reasons for the game been on lower setting. You need to make your own verifications.

1-Make sure you TV is in gaming mode.

2-Connect your Chromecast ultra directly to your router with a ethernet wire if you are playing on your TV.

3-Your internet connection is possibly not fast enought or slowed by somebody in your household.

4-Your router settings.

This is just a few or the steps or possibility, I was PC gamer before and I find RDR2 to look amazing on Stadia.

Chupacabra
Community Member

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

CrabApple
Community Member

Availability window? As in, when will it not be redeemable as a new Pro, or as in it won't be available to any Pro?

Squeak_Easy
Community Member

Thanks so much for updates and listening to concerned. Weekly substantial reports sounds much better.

Please do find a fix for the FFXV save issue.

It's crippled my game. Even restarts.

I feel like I would rather a refund if a fix isn't possible. It's way too huge to have no save.

SgtKindt
Community Member

Loving the service, and the updates are very helpful. Thank the entire team for the good work!

AlbertoGlez476
Community Member
Plis more user in the game, because I need 30 minutes to only 1 multiplayer game, In all games destiny/ Tom/ etc.
MrHugepants
Community Member

Can you put out a list when you know release dates of games ?

Bleh
Community Member
Any news when Division 2 will be out on Stadia?
Invain63
Community Member

Wireless connection for Stadia controller in Chrome browser please, please, please. (I love the way it works on my CCU)

OasisVic
Community Member

Thanks Grace.

Juang17
Community Member

when available ghost recon breakpoint pls .. !!

MR4K_Upscaler
Community Member
Thank You Grace , I love this new feature Google Assistant & I think it can be useful while in party chat if someone wants to find out about certain games & developers it’s easy to look it up while gaming , I know it will be available soon while gaming from what I have heard .Also , do you know when Ghost Recon Breakpoint is coming out on Stadia , Thanks !
HampTheChamp
Community Member

Got started yesterday. Was actually blown away by how good it was!!!

No framedrops, no latency what so ever. So far so good.

Loving the direct communication from you guys.

Keep up the great work. Only waiting for Ghost recon. Hopefully coming för Christmas?!

Nexxon
Community Member
Nice, thanks for the information.
kagash
Community Member

Thanks for the update. When the game catalogue gets big enough, a little wishlist would be nice to see. 

Gags
Community Member
You guys gonna fix the lag issues? It's a great concept but the lag is brutal. Especially when your Paying for a service.
Kora
Community Member

Thank you for the update, but why wasn't google assistant on this list since it can not be used?

Bahlor
Community Member

@Gagsthat sounds more like problems on your side. Problem is that game streaming is brutal to troubleshoot when it's not working great as there is a ton of stuff that could ruin your experience... beginning with your browser, hardware, wifi, router, isp etc etc etc. You should not have any noticeable lag if everything is working fine. Important thing to note: bandwidth is not the important factor here, latency to the google servers is far more important.
If you're using chromecast to play, check your game mode. My new samsung tv didn't recognise it as gaming device even with auto game mode on on chromecast. Double check that because this will make a day & night difference.
When you're playing on a browser, double check for hardware acceleration , use chrome canaray (maybe even incognito mode to ensure that no plugins are activate that could result in problems), close everything that regularly uses internet (emails etc. - this can result in stutter based on several configurations also on your router maybe) of course this shouldn't be but troubleshooting is bad so better check every little straw. Also use your device with ethernet instead of wifi. Check your routers traffic and don't allow the router to check packets etc. for your device you're playing on.

Sorry if this is not in a meaningful order... I'm a bit in a hurry, english is not my native language and I've just writte, some stuff down as it came to my mind. I might edit this later if I find some free time. Really hope you can get this fixed. For me the difference between stadia and my ps4 / xbox is barely noticeable (In terms of latency / lag, image quality is actually better quite often via chromecast,... browser not so much but totally lagfree using m+k)

Jasunltd
Community Member

Thanks for the updates. When are we expecting the next batch of new games to stadia and will the games in the library continue to be sold at full price considering how old some titles are and prices on other platforms

Bahlor
Community Member

Why the hell is my comment always being deleted beside it just being a little help for another member in here. So I wasted time writing a longer response, great!

Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Very strange:  This post appears to be repeatedly deleted, but I can't understand why?

If there is a problem with this post, then please explain and I can adjust it accordingly if it is in breach of anything?

@GraceFromGoogle : Many thanks for adding an update on the FF XV save bug.  I see that CodeMasters fixed the bug that was crashing GRID on Stadia too.

Hopefully if such serious bugs occur in future, we will get prompt updates on their progress.

Also, it would have been useful to add a statement about Google Assistant now available as "Early Access" and that it can be enabled on Stadia Controllers via the Stadia App.

Just for information:

Early Access:  For now, use the Assistant on the Stadia home screen on TV.  Soon you'll also be able to use it while playing games as well as in the Stadia app and website.

What to try:

• Play Destiny 2
  • What's the weather?
  • Roll the dice

Bahlor
Community Member

Just trying to get this posted somehow it's always being automatically deleted without any notice... no idea what the reason might be.

@Gags that sounds more like problems on your side. Problem is that game streaming is brutal to troubleshoot when it's not working great as there is a ton of stuff that could ruin your experience... beginning with your browser, hardware, wifi, router, isp etc etc etc. You should not have any noticeable lag if everything is working fine. Important thing to note: bandwidth is not the important factor here, latency to the google servers is far more important.
If you're using chromecast to play, check your game mode. My new samsung tv didn't recognise it as gaming device even with auto game mode on on chromecast. Double check that because this will make a day & night difference.
When you're playing on a browser, double check for hardware acceleration , use chrome canaray (maybe even incognito mode to ensure that no plugins are activate that could result in problems), close everything that regularly uses internet (emails etc. - this can result in stutter based on several configurations also on your router maybe) of course this shouldn't be but troubleshooting is bad so better check every little straw. Also use your device with ethernet instead of wifi. Check your routers traffic and don't allow the router to check packets etc. for your device you're playing on.

Sorry if this is not in a meaningful order... I'm a bit in a hurry, english is not my native language and I've just writte, some stuff down as it came to my mind. I might edit this later if I find some free time. Really hope you can get this fixed. For me the difference between stadia and my ps4 / xbox is barely noticeable (In terms of latency / lag, image quality is actually better quite often via chromecast,... browser not so much but totally lagfree using m+k)

Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide
Thank you for the update, this is a great thing!
SublimeGeek
Community Member

I'd be interested to know when the next batch of games go on sale and what new games come out.  I'm enjoying Stadia a lot.  Some hiccups, but to me they're forgivable.  Haters gonna hate.  They're no better than the people still bashing No Man's Sky.

Selevan
Community Member

Could you also look into the audio sync issues with some games on chromecast destiny 2 does that for me constantly unless streamed on pc.

Also dont understand why you have taken away the stadia deals when your trying to get people on the platform

Forge
Community Member

Update us on game graphics settings. Wasn't the point of stadia to be better than console graphics???

Pirate
Community Member

Might have been mentioned before but is there anyway to incorporate in the Stadia App that will notify users about releases for games and other pertinent information for example that Google Assistant now works on the controller instead having to find out about through an article 

Sho
Community Member

Thanks grace! keep up the great work everyone at stadia! i'm loving my experiences so far (on both my TV and my pixel 4) so far, so good, no issues yet. 

PS: Is there any news on Ghost recon breakpoint coming out? we're already in december and i know it was mentioned that it would come out within 2019 since it missed launch day. Any news/update on an expected release date would be nice. Thank you and happy holidays! ❤️

gammas
Community Member

Yay, for updates! But I'm curious about whether or not there is an ETA on missing features such as family library and Google Assistant?  

box299
Community Member

I must be missing something... Are people really paying 39.99 for FFXV?

The game came out in 2016 and can be found not for about $15 on any other platform.  

Where is Baldur's Gate? 

I feel really duped for buting Stadia Founders edition... If I had only known that 25% of all the games available in Stadia Pro were Farming Simulations I wouldn't have blown the $130.

KillerKahuna
Community Member

Thanks for the update, I've been enjoying the launch of Stadia very much like most of the people on here.
However sad to say one of my orders, the Stadia Wasabi Green controller, went missing :'( 
The spare controller I ordered was shipped on the 20th of November and the track and trace still doesn't work.

RealzRell
Community Member
Please have the development team of NBA 2K update the "downloading updates " when starting NBA 2k20. It takes a considerable amount of time and goes against Stadia's concept of operation.