cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

cancel pro then re-subscribe later

If I do this, do I retain access to previously claimed games?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yes @Gougagna, you'll regain access then to your claimed free games, see here:

What happens to my claimed free games if I’m no longer a Stadia Pro subscriber?

If your subscription to Stadia Pro expires, you will lose access to your claimed free games. When you reactivate your subscription, you will regain access to your claimed free games with your save data intact.

Source: Claiming free games with Stadia Pro

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

... but if you cancel for 5 months and reactivate, will the free added pro games during those 5 months be listed also?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Thibasky No, you'll only regain the Pro games which you had previously claimed. Pro games can only be claimed while you have an active Pro subscription.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Chufu I cancelled my Stadia pro subscription. I noticed also that there's no way of resubscribing to the service in this moment so I am cutted off...(!!!) What's happening? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @DocSonny,

that seems weird, normally you should be able to resubscribe at any time again for Stadia Pro, see here: Managing Stadia Pro and game subscriptions

You have two ways of subscribing to Stadia Pro again, you can try via Stadia app or via the webbrowser on stadia.google.com, see here Purchase a Stadia Pro subscription

If you have problems, try to check the following and try again to resubscribe after each step:

• Is your Google Play store up to date? If not, update this app.
  • Check if your Stadia app is up to date. If you use the browser, check if that one is up to date. If not, update it.
  • Try also to restart your phone and check if there is any Android- or iOS-update to install.
  • Are your payment methods on play.google.com up to date? If not, try to remove one and add it again or try another one. You can also manage payment methods on pay.google.com.
  • If it doesn't work via the Stadia app, try to subscribe via stadia.google.com (see article above).

If nothing works, I would recommend to reach out to Stadia support as normally there shouldn't be any problem to resubscribe to Stadia Pro.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@DocSonny I saw it mentioned in another thread that you might be able to access the subscription workflow by navigating to a Pro game in the store (like GYLT) and tapping on the button which indicates it would be free with a Pro subscription. Can you give that a go and see if it works?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you, It worked...the only way i think It could right now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

No 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I can confirm, as it is, there is no way to get to the resubscribe flow through the settings or account info. The only, as mentioned above, is to try to launch a game like Destiny 2, and it'll ask you to "Resubscribe to play".

Alternatively, on the web, this takes you right to it: https://stadia.google.com/premium

But yeah, there's currently no button from the settings / account page, on either web or mobile.

1 Kudo