cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

When my pro trial expires, can I still play the free games I got during the trial?

Jump to solution

I was wondering this because I'm planning to not buy any games until my Pro free trial is up, and I just joined Stadia, so I don't know this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Community Member
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

hehe I see you've found your solution already 🙂

So just a quick summary again:

• If you don't have Stadia Pro, you can buy games on Stadia and play the games you purchased.
  • If you have Stadia Pro and the subscription is still running, you can claim games (that are claimable for Stadia Pro for free) and play those or you can buy games and play the games you purchased. Some games might also have a Stadia Pro discount, so you can buy them cheaper than usual (and you keep them even if your subscription expires).
  • If you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription, you can still claim games and play those for free until the subscription runs out. In addition to that you can of course still play the games you purchased.
  • If you're Stadia Pro subscription ended (expired), you lose access to all claimable games (you still keep your progress though and basically just "freeze" them) and you can only play the games you've purchased. If you decide to renew your Stadia Pro, you get access again to all games you've claimed before and you can also claim new Stadia Pro games if available.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Community Member
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

hehe I see you've found your solution already 🙂

So just a quick summary again:

• If you don't have Stadia Pro, you can buy games on Stadia and play the games you purchased.
  • If you have Stadia Pro and the subscription is still running, you can claim games (that are claimable for Stadia Pro for free) and play those or you can buy games and play the games you purchased. Some games might also have a Stadia Pro discount, so you can buy them cheaper than usual (and you keep them even if your subscription expires).
  • If you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription, you can still claim games and play those for free until the subscription runs out. In addition to that you can of course still play the games you purchased.
  • If you're Stadia Pro subscription ended (expired), you lose access to all claimable games (you still keep your progress though and basically just "freeze" them) and you can only play the games you've purchased. If you decide to renew your Stadia Pro, you get access again to all games you've claimed before and you can also claim new Stadia Pro games if available.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Chufu This makes it more clear than it was in the email. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of buying Superhot when my trial is over!

0 Kudos