cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Watch out for Fraudulent Billing Stadia Community

I am not sure how many others have had this issue, but I want to warn others about Stadia's "deals".

I signed up with a free 3 months code I was offered for being a YouTube Premier Family subscriber. Then purchased Stadia which comes with another free 3 months. However, I started getting charged after the first 3 months. The codes should have stacked. I contacted Stadia support and the agent was no help. He didn't even try to investigate or honor the promised deal I was offered. I guess I will just report the fraudulent charges to my credit card issuer. Good thing I used a virtual card number.

Maybe if we report these fraudulent transactions, Alphabet will wake up and make sure their customer support is actually proactive about fixing user issues. I feel like contacting that rep over chat did nothing but just waste an hour of my time explaining the situation just to be ignored and get no help. Now I want my money AND my time back. Honestly, who trains these guys? 

This was my first experience with Stadia support and it is leading me to cancel my subscription. I figured I was doing Google a favor playing the crappy games just to help support Game streaming over Chromecast. Then eventually the games would improve and not be glitchy. So much for loyalty. I am also canceling my Youtube Family Premier account since they gave me the code I used that was not honored. This kind of thing makes me hate a company. Neither department at Google wants to own the issue or solve it.

Do not promise your customers something and not honor it. Zero stars ๐Ÿ™‚
I am also going to report the bait and switch to the Better Business Bureau. That sort of advertising is illegal. You would imagine Google would be well versed in advertising law. I guess YouTube and Stadia are not. 

2020-10-08 18_25_21-Window.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Those codes are always coming with Terms of conditions. Did you check out those terms of conditions ?

It might be that you're unable to redeem another code, because you have already redeemed a 3 month-code. Or maybe the code is not redeemable, because you are not a "new" subscriber.

Before accusing Google here, I would recommend to check out the terms and conditions, here I found the general ones for example, but I don't know if the offer you had, had any specific terms of conditions.

1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Chufu it should have been stackable. Even the Stadia agent confirmed that. It just didn't work for me and they are not honoring it. I wouldn't blame them if I haven't already investigated the terms. This is a Google fail.

0 Kudos