cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Unable to refund a game

Jump to solution
I'm trying to request a refund for a game purchased on the store (GRID). The game is crashing after the first career race. I've attempted to get past this point a few times. I would like to refund the game . In The Stadia App i click 'Request Refund' and it brings me to the Google Play Help section on how to refund. I purchased 2 games yesterday and neither one can be refunded, even though its less than 24 hours from purchase and less than 2 hours played.
1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Borvish I don't think it's meant to be an automated process (at least not for now anyway). When you click 'Request a Refund' it's basically asking you to follow the steps listed on the Help page

Can you go to your order purchase by clicking on this link

https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory

Then go to your 'Order History' > look at the game you want to get refund from (GRID in this case) > click on the 3 dots > Report a problem > I no longer want this purchase > (then just follow the instructions.. I didn't continue because I don't want to refund anything right now)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Borvish I don't think it's meant to be an automated process (at least not for now anyway). When you click 'Request a Refund' it's basically asking you to follow the steps listed on the Help page

Can you go to your order purchase by clicking on this link

https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory

Then go to your 'Order History' > look at the game you want to get refund from (GRID in this case) > click on the 3 dots > Report a problem > I no longer want this purchase > (then just follow the instructions.. I didn't continue because I don't want to refund anything right now)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Borvish 

I also have this problem with GRID. In the absence of any support, I want to get a refund too and am also struggling to get there. 

@gracefromgoogle any view on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @steveb I was able to follow the steps that Ivan listed below. I was looking for a 'Request a Refund' option but used 'the Report a Problem' option and the refund was processed almost instantly.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Borvish @Ivan thanks - I can't seem to get there on my phone as it just jumps to the Stadia app in the Play Store but I will try in a full browser on my laptop. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes, i did it from a PC.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Borvish @Ivan  strangely, I only see a "request a refund" option even when viewing that page in a browser tab. I couldn't see a "report a problem" button anywhere.

I clicked "request a refund" and got a message indicating I would receive a response in 48 hours. I will see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Borvish @Ivan  just received a reply rejecting my refund request as it doesn't meet with Google's policy. Not best pleased. Google are not covering themselves with glory here. Annoying, as I actually think Stadia works quite well, when it works. Everything else around it has been a catastrophe so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Just saw your post and replied in another thread about this topic. It happened the very same to me I solved it by contacting the chat support, which was really efficient.
It seems Google Play and Stadia teams/policies are completely uncoordinated.

0 Kudos