cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Furious
Community Member

Stadia Return: Terrible Experience

I couldn't believe what a poor launch Stadia turned out to be - I had preordered the Founder's Kit on day 1 and even added a second controller because of the promise of the first real streaming platform. 

After my stadia did not arrive in order and I did not have access on launch day (and so much functionality originally touted was just missing, and no real exclusives or games on the platform that even take a little advantage OF the platform) I sent the box back unopened after it arrived.

Not only was the return process substandard (I was first advised to open the unopened box and repackage it into two boxes to return), upon getting the return they didn't refund the second controller.  I've been getting the run around now for 3 weeks from google store support with no refund.

Easily the worst game platform launch I have ever been a part of.  Fix your logistics.  Get some quality exclusive games that show why this is a real platform.  Then figure out how the business can actually work instead of just releasing a tech demo that falls well short of last generation competition.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Furious : Seems like you had a truly bad experience. 

In contrast I bought the founders edition on the 2nd day of it being announced and received founders bundle and 2nd controller ordered at the same time on Nov 20th.  The code came through on the evening of the 20th and for the most part I don't have much to grumble about.  Sure it would have been nice to have been playing on launch day, but not worth getting all worked up over and throwing toys out of the pram IMHO.

Requesting a refund on a game was pretty much immediate with a single click, new features are gradually being rolled out on the platform.  While it won't be enough to keep everyone happy, for the most part I am;  but the true test will be once the kids get theirs for Christmas, they will let me know soon enough if it is up to their standards.

Happy holidays.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Furious
Community Member

Good for you I guess?  Was hoping to hear from someone helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Furious : Raise it with Stadia support, they will be able to discuss the issue with you as best they can;  I can't see that you would get a more helpful solution from the community forums IMHO if that is what you were expecting.

https://support.google.com/stadia/contactflow 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Furious
Community Member

Google still has not refunded the rest of my return and their support seems to be completely unable to do anything, nor do they seem to have a way to escalate to anyone who can. I've had to dispute the amount with my credit card company and am hoping that is the end of it. GG Stadia.
0 Kudos