cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Pro too expensive ...

I cancelled my membership and it ends soon ... 

It's cheaper to upgrade the hard drive in my PS4 to an SSD than to continue to pay the monthly for Stadia and pay the same price for the expansions and games I would pay on the PS4.

I was hoping that Google might actually be trying to win and build a real competitor but it seems that only want to develop yet another loss leader and NOT compete.

By now there should be an annual plan and all games / expansions should be 10%-15% cheaper than the other platforms.

In typical google fashion they are "dabbling" and not committed to succeeding .. when success is not necessary (because of other revenue streams) you get mediocre service and pricing like we are getting.

I would love to stay but while you give away a free month to new people and don't offer founders like me an annual plan it's time to leave.

2 Kudos
9 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @HessianBlood 

just as an information, you do not have to pay monthly for Stadia to be able to play. 🙂 You can still play games you bought.

Otherwise there are other benefits playing on Stadia like no fan noises, no long download times, everything is up to date and you can play from all device like pc, tv or mobile.

But at the end, everyone has to decide for themselves. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
2 Kudos
Community Member

Nope .. they told me all content would be deleted from my account.

EVERY benefit you mentioned is a result of technological advances and not Stadia.

0 Kudos
Community Member

So the Stadia Pro people are footing the bill for non pro players ?

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@HessianBlood 

you cannot play "free" Stadia Pro games, but if you bought for example Assassins Creed, you can play it still with the free tier of Stadia. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
3 Kudos
Community Member

I see ... 

Well that still does not address my post but thanks for the information.

Again, since Google has other revenue streams they just don't give a **bleep** about Stadia succeeding .... because it's not IMPERATIVE for them to do so!

0 Kudos
Community Member

It just doesnt make much sense for users to pay $10/ month and then at the end of their subscriptions have all of the pro accessed games delete (the free ones). Imagine I keep stadia pro membership for 5 years... that's $600 that goes away with no loyalty program or integration for google one users who pay lots of money to google to support their products. I understand I'm able to "access" the games for free with Pro membership, but at the same time most of them are not expensive games regardless. They are indie games where sometimes the creators give the game away for free on other platforms. Will Google be working on this issue of pricing? It just seems pretty steep for a gaming system to charge that especially one that is not established like playstation or xbox memberships, where at least you keep some of the stuff during your membership. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Streaming is the future of gaming .. too bad it's not important for Google to care about it's customers ... 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@Nostalgic286 You know they don't get deleted, right? You just lose access until you resubscribe. I've unsubscribed a couple of times when I've known I won't be using it, and always come back to find my content where I left it.

It works the same as PS+, except that with Stadia I can still play online without a paid membership and I can still claim pro games released in previous months.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I also wouldn't consider games like Tomb Raider, Metro, and Destiny 2 indie, and all of these are included with Pro.

0 Kudos