cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Refunds

I gave the trial a try but had some tech issues,   and pretty much never used it, considering how long the trial was, and the fact I was not using the product I forgot about it.    I did not see the renewal notice come through,   but did notice the billing and responded right away.    The team did verify that I was not using the product at all, could use my usage.  But then refused to give a refund.     With long trial times this happens, people forget to cancel and if they dont see the renewal  warning the charge comes as a surprise.    If you are going to do a long trial like this you have to give a bit of flexibility,  otherwise you are going to seem like you want to take peoples money even if they dont want and are not using your product .  Plus you are telling all those people to never try or sign up for the your product again.    

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @nobodypanic 

you maybe might want to update your post title to a little bit more fitting one.

The problem with trail times and forgetting them is a personal problem that does not only happen on Stadia. For my self. It's my gym membership or mobile phone contracts. There is also no refund. 

To be honest I do not see any "bad behavior" from Google in this. Just be sure that you now have canceled you subscription that you are not been charged in the upcoming month. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

so should I change it to,  "Stadia is hoping to take advantage of people forgetting to cancel a service with an extra long trial they were not using at all during a pandemic?"  would that be more appropriate?  🙂    Most places tend to give out refunds when its obvious they are not using it.   They do it because it looks bad when they dont,  and really turns customers off that might really want to try again in the future.    Most tend to look at what is going on and make a choice based off of that.    If they can see that someone is not using it, or tried and never used it after,  and respond right away once a bill shows up,  that is called making sure you dont waste your customers money and piss them off.   It makes me rethink any service that has to do with google because if anything goes wrong,  they will just send me a link to some page that I would of had to dig for saying they dont give refunds for subscriptions,  but strangely  right after that tells the person to contact them if they think they should get a refund.   Normally this wouldn't bother me but things have been pretty stressful,  this is just another bs thing I have to deal with,  and does give me some insight into what google stadia really thinks about customers or potential ones.   So to "be honest"  I do see some bad behavior.  

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @nobodypanic 

thanks for the explanation. This seems to be rather uncommon in my home country but sounds good in context of customer sophistication 

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

and this is the comment about refunds on the links the support people gave me.   

If the Request Refund button is not present, then the item you purchased is not eligible for a refund.  If you believe that the item should be refunded please contact Customer Support by visiting support.google.com/stadia     

what the hell does that mean. Its like saying its not refundable, but you can contact us if you think it is?   why even add that if there is no refund for it?   why send me that to explain why you wont give a refund?    Does that mean if you have a subscription, your servers go down nobody gets a refund? Does it mean if google decides just to stop Stadia people who paid dont get the refund for the time in there subscription that is missed?   The information says there is no refunds but then says, but hey there is a chance for a refund.   sorry but this is BS

0 Kudos