cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Really Google, founders edition and you take my games away ... whatever

Jump to solution

So I bought "Founders Edition"

I had Pro for about 6-8 months but then once Google made it clear that Stadia wasn't delivering much of anything I cancelled Pro.

Well they took my Destiny 2 ... 

Glad PS4 works just as good and they only charge $60 a year for online .....

Since it's not imperative that Stadia succeed Google could care less and just doesn't get it....

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The founders edition was never mentioned to give you a forever/unlimited access to Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is free as part of Stadia Pro (if you claim the game). So logically if you don't want to pay Stadia Pro anymore, you're losing access to all Pro games that you claimed for free, including Destiny 2.

Also the price you pay (because you compare Destiny 2 as a single-purchase on PS4) is not only for Destiny 2, you're basically paying a monthly fee for

• the possibility to play games in 4k
  • the possibility to play games with 5.1 Surround Sound
  • new games coming for free each month, claimable with Stadia Pro

More about Stadia Pro, you can also find here.

Being a founder means being part of the first hours/days of Stadia and the Stadia Team mentioned a longer time ago already that they want to bring some features in the future to engage more with the founders, so it's still something you can look out for.

But sure, it's your own decision to stick with Stadia or not. Btw you still have the opportunity as well to buy Destiny 2 on Stadia and play just this one game that you purchased, that works as well, even without Stadia Pro.

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
6 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The founders edition was never mentioned to give you a forever/unlimited access to Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is free as part of Stadia Pro (if you claim the game). So logically if you don't want to pay Stadia Pro anymore, you're losing access to all Pro games that you claimed for free, including Destiny 2.

Also the price you pay (because you compare Destiny 2 as a single-purchase on PS4) is not only for Destiny 2, you're basically paying a monthly fee for

• the possibility to play games in 4k
  • the possibility to play games with 5.1 Surround Sound
  • new games coming for free each month, claimable with Stadia Pro

More about Stadia Pro, you can also find here.

Being a founder means being part of the first hours/days of Stadia and the Stadia Team mentioned a longer time ago already that they want to bring some features in the future to engage more with the founders, so it's still something you can look out for.

But sure, it's your own decision to stick with Stadia or not. Btw you still have the opportunity as well to buy Destiny 2 on Stadia and play just this one game that you purchased, that works as well, even without Stadia Pro.

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
Community Member

Everything you say is true ...

Founders got me nothing in the end ....

"Renting" games .. that's a little too steep a monthly fee ....

Whatever .... I'm sure as a Stadia guide who will never be critical of the system you free or reduced rates that make it reasonable ...

$79 a year and I would have stayed .. no annual plan, that's just DUMB!

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Stadia Guide doesn't mean to be never critical with the system, I am a founder like you and I still pay my monthly fee, because I like it so far and enjoy 4k. But the good thing is that you don't have too. The subscription can be cancelled at any time and you can use it until it expires. And if you think at a later time that it's more useful, you can subscribe again.

That there is no annual plan is indeed a bit annoying, but this might be a thing later to come, who knows.

But yeah, just do what you enjoy I would say. The most important thing is that you have fun in what you're doing.

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

A Xbox Series S would cost you $299, considering $10 for Stadia Pro thats 30 months of Stadia Pro (40 months for PS5). If Microsoft plans to upgrade Series S 2 years down the line, you will have to sell the Series S and get the new one to stay up to date with latest hardware. Stadia Pro just gets rid of all this hassle and still stay affordable. Don’t want to pay for Pro play for free and just buy the games. I don’t see the need for an annual plan here.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Well Even though I was playing Destiny 2 on Stadia Pro I still had to buy the expansions .....

It's too much for what it provides... if you don't agree thats fine

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Although I'm not OP, I will have to point a couple of things out here. Although your calculations may be correct IF the lifespan of a console was 2 years, this has not happened before. 

Xbox 360 was released in 2005
Xbox One was released in 2013
Xbox Series will be released in 2020. 

Average lifespan of the console is at least 7 years. Of course there are smaller improvements inbetween but it's quite a way off of 2 years even then. For Playstation, this trend is similar.

So, based off of the pricing ($10) x 12 x 7, you'd have $840 before a new console comes out. And that's subscription only. 

I'm OK with this pricing personally, but you shouldn't use this calculation as a comparison if you do it incorrectly. 

0 Kudos