cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Purchase a game without the next game discount.

Jump to solution

I have a next game discount that entitles me to $10 off my next purchase which I'm saving for the right game. I have noticed that there is a game that's $1.99 in a sale that I would like to buy but whenever I go to buy it, it is trying to apply the $10 discount. I appreciate the discount is called next game, but is there any way to buy a game that's below $10 without having the discount applied? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Spidercatboy,

yeah I noticed that as well. According to the terms and conditions of that Discount it seems it's normal that it will be automatically applied when going to the checkout of your next purchase.

I agree with you it's not very practical, when you want to buy a game for less than 10$. They mentioned in the terms and conditions

• "Offer good only for one transaction. If the amount of discount exceeds price of game or bundle, discount will be applied up to the amount of the price of game or bundle. The unused portion of the discount may not be used on a separate transaction."

Therefore if you want to use the full amount of the discount, you need to buy a game that costs 10$ or more to profit the maximum amount from it. Otherwise of course you can also use it for a game that costs 1.99$, but just have in mind that the rest of the discount is gone then.

So it's up to you how to use it, just keep in mind the discount expires December 31, 2020.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Spidercatboy,

yeah I noticed that as well. According to the terms and conditions of that Discount it seems it's normal that it will be automatically applied when going to the checkout of your next purchase.

I agree with you it's not very practical, when you want to buy a game for less than 10$. They mentioned in the terms and conditions

• "Offer good only for one transaction. If the amount of discount exceeds price of game or bundle, discount will be applied up to the amount of the price of game or bundle. The unused portion of the discount may not be used on a separate transaction."

Therefore if you want to use the full amount of the discount, you need to buy a game that costs 10$ or more to profit the maximum amount from it. Otherwise of course you can also use it for a game that costs 1.99$, but just have in mind that the rest of the discount is gone then.

So it's up to you how to use it, just keep in mind the discount expires December 31, 2020.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks @Chufu for the great reply and confirming what I suspected. I guess you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I think I'll hold off buying anything until the right game comes along - I just hope someone from Stadia sees this and realises they've lost out on an impulse purchase.

0 Kudos