cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Pay with Google Play Store credit

Hello, I recently purchased a game and I wanted to use my Google Play Store credit to make the payment and add the rest from my Credit Card, just as I always did flawlessly in the GPS. Even when the switch to use the GPS credit is on, when I make the purchase is entirely paid from the credit card. Why am I not able to use my Google Play Store credit to buy Status games when I can use it for music, books or apps?
2 Kudos
5 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I don't think that the Stadia store supports splitting a purchase across multiple payment methods (yet?), but you should be able to use Google Play credit to cover the full purchase price of games. In fact, that's the only way I've bought games so far. You might use the in-app feedback option to let the developers know you'd like to be able to split purchases across different payment methods.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Hi again, The Stadia team told me though Twitter that Split payment is only possible in full-priced games (the one I bought - Gylt and the one I want to use my credit - Kine are both full priced, so it's not the problem. After that they told me to contact Google Pay, who didn't answer, and where I cold have no support at all.
2 Kudos
Community Member

I am having a similar issue and would it addressed as well. I can confirm that you can use Google Play credit as I have a few times. My current issue is that I have a small amount ($2.68) in credit currently and cant apply this amount to buying Shadow of the Tomb Raider. When I click into my payment options I am told that I have an "insufficient balance." However, if I pick any other game I have that credit balance showing as being applied along with my credit card. So then, why can I use my credit on certain certain games but not on others?
1 Kudo
Community Member

you can actually accomplish this through use of PayPal. you need to setup a PayPal account and link your credit card or bank card with PayPal. then once your account is established the login and on the opening page go to the cogwheel/options top right corner, scroll down to "Google Pay" , and there you will find an option called "top-off" which will allow you to use PayPal balance first to pay the remainder then if that falls short it will go next to your linked credit card or bank card that you select.

0 Kudos
Community Member

hasn't worked consistently so therefore my haste and ignorance has wasted digital paper and binary ink,do pardon

0 Kudos