cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

No Invite Code

I bought a Stadia controller by itself because I already have a Chromecast ultra. I don’t believe I ever got the email with the invite link. How can I go about getting this?
1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Looks like you need to wait until next year at least.

When I was bought and connected Chromecast and Controller, I was sitting and thinking what is the Stadia. And where it hides. It's not Chromecast and it's not controller. Then, what is Stadia?

It is the Soul of gaming, mate.

Can you buy the Soul?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Jeremiah1,

if you have already a Chromecast Ultra and didn't buy one via Founder's or Premiere edition, you need to have a specific version on it, otherwise it'll not work with Stadia yet:

• "A reminder that most existing (not-bundled) Chromecast devices will not support Stadia until they're updated over the next few weeks. You can check if your Chromecast Ultra can run Stadia by checking if it's running version 1.42.180348 or above. If your Chromecast is not on that version, attempting to play games on that Chromecast will fail until it receives the upcoming Stadia update. For now, we recommend using the Chromecast Ultra in your bundle to play."

You also need to have a Buddy Pass to be able to join Stadia, because at the moment you can only play there with a Stadia pro subscription (Stadia Base is coming 2020). Therefore you need a Buddy Pass (of a founder), the Founder's edition or Premiere edition, otherwise you can't play Stadia yet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I ordered this November 23, 2019.  No invite code (I didn't even know there was one until I tried to turn this on for the first time today after Christmas).  

What's the scoop.  Where do I find an invite code?  It is not in my email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Geht mir grad genau so. Am 17.03.20 bestellt wurde auch am selben tag versendet. Das Gerät ist am 19.03 hier angekommen und ich habe bis heute keinen code. Jetzt liegt das blöde ding in der ecke da ich nix machen kann . Echt traurig.

0 Kudos