cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Ireland Three billing appearing in Play Store but not on Stadia

Hi,

I used a couple of times the 3 billing to pay stadia subscription and buy games, but today I got an email of payment declined because the three billing is not showing in the payment methods on stadia but I have that option if I buy a play store app and it is correctly set in the google pay methods.

Do you know why this is happening ? 

Thanks!

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi @hardcorewithin ,

Did you reach 3 support? Just to understand why the payment method was rejected maybe is the reason why is not showing on Stadia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey, did you find any more info about it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

no it looks like a 3 issue, I need to contact three ireland and ask more info about them.

I tried to contact stadia on FB and they asked me to contact google pay but they didn't answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Having the same issue here. Contacted 3 and they told me to contact Google. It's interesting that when I browse apps on Google play, there is still the option to pay with 3 credits. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

it is a catch22 then as I was concerned, contact Google ok but which service ? this is so frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So, I spoke via chat to the stadia team, and only PayPal and cards can be used for stadia at the moment. I also found a Reddit thread with some people that actually found out why they disabled payment using mobile credits, mainly due to problems with refunds. See full discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/fmg9nf/carrier_billing/

1 Kudo