cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Game refunds

Jump to solution
Hi, will there be a system for returning games on stadia? Like if I played for 5 minutes and didn't like it, would I be able to 'return' the game and get a refund?
2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Found the exact clause from the help page 🙂

Stadia return policy 

Mine shows for US and Canada only though. Might show differently depending where you live

This is what it shows on my end with regards to games refund:

Refunds for games
  • You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase if there is less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts (family and personal). Games may only be returned one time, so if you return a purchased game for a refund and subsequently re-purchase it, you will not be entitled to a refund. This refund is only available for purchased games, and not for add-on content or services.
  • If you return the game for a refund it will be removed from your library and you will no longer be able to play it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member
I believe they said there is a 2 hour time limit for game returns, sort of like Steam.
0 Kudos
Community Member
Yeah, I went to the subreddit and found that really quickly. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Found the exact clause from the help page 🙂

Stadia return policy 

Mine shows for US and Canada only though. Might show differently depending where you live

This is what it shows on my end with regards to games refund:

Refunds for games
  • You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase if there is less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts (family and personal). Games may only be returned one time, so if you return a purchased game for a refund and subsequently re-purchase it, you will not be entitled to a refund. This refund is only available for purchased games, and not for add-on content or services.
  • If you return the game for a refund it will be removed from your library and you will no longer be able to play it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
I'm based in Canada, so this is great. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
Be careful with the refunds, as it is not clear if all purchases are eligible for a refund even if you have "played" for less than a minute. In my case, I purchased Assasins Creed to evaluate it and when it forced me to create an Ubisoft account, I decided to request the refund. After 24h the refund claim was rejected even as I mentioned, I had used it for less than a minute. I tried it again and this time pointing them I was supposed to be eligible for the refund according to their TOS, but I got the same rejection email almost immediately as it was just flagged and had no option to appeal. I eventually contacted the chat support and they solve the issue quite fast. It looked like that since the refund was processed through the Google Play store, they had two completely different policies. Just be aware it could happen again.
0 Kudos