cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

ESO Release

I am excited for the release of ESO on Stadia but I was curious if I am able to use my expansion with Stadia. I own the base game and the imperial edition expansion on Steam. Since Stadia uses PC servers wouldn't I technically own the game on both Stadia and PC?

And if I have to buy separately will there be a mega pack with all the expansions in it all the way up to Greymoor? 

Tags (1)
2 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Here's me guess: since ESO on stadia technically uses PC on Google's servers, and since ESO on Stadia will be cross platform for PC and vice versa, I think you will have to pay for the expansions again....HOWEVER, any DLC that was bought ingame should in theory be binded to your Zenimax account for PC. Unless Stadia has its own specific platform for ESO, i think ingame items and currency should remain intact (along with your characters on PC) because i saw this happen with Destiny 2 as well. 

Basically in a nutshell: Ingame stuff - binded to account
DLC: binded to platform (i.e. Stadia, and Steam)

Dook dook goes the ferret!
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Alright I think the imperial edition is an expansion pack so I think I get to keep that. I remember buying it in-game anyway so that would be binded to zenimax account. I haven't got any DLCs yet so I'm hoping to get them at a discount on a super pack with everything up to this point in the game. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I believe you will have all thing linked to your account when playing stadia. On your ESO account profile, on the net it shows an option to link stadia to your elder scrolls account under the link an account tab.

Screenshot_20200529-002945_Chrome.jpg

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Jadus I've just tried that out a few min ago when I logged to my (linked) ESO account on Stadia. You have everything that you've purchased on PC also on Stadia, so every DLC/Chapter/Subscription (ESO Plus) is also running on Stadia then. You basically just need to either have Stadia Pro to claim ESO for free or buy the game in the Stadia Store.

In my case for example I can see that I have access to everything, including ESO Plus and the last chapter (Greymoor), on Stadia, which is very nice!

0 Kudos