cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cannot finish activation because of country issue

Jump to solution

Hello all,

At the end of the activation process, there is written state is usa, or it should be France, so it cannot finish my activation. i have beed in usa last Week where i bought on YouTube a movie, maybe it has change my billing adress, the support is not available by chat or phone,

How can can do my activation from the beginning or change the country to France?

Thank you

4 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Hum... I can't buy games tho, same error about the "item not found".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@viten I did my activation yesterday, but I don't remember the order. I know at some point it was asking for the primary payment method. Do you remember if you had to set it up before your current step? If yes, any chance the payment method you set was based in USA?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member
Yes it was set to usa because i bought Something on YouTube in usa last Week, so i have changed to France but i did it at the end of the process and now i can t go back in the app, do you know when the support will open ?
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@viten I'm not sure when they will open, sorry. In the meantime, might be worth a shot to send email to them as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member
I have the same issue... There is no option to change/add country on the app.
0 Kudos
Community Member
Tried to change country from Canada to US but couldn't. I just gave up and stayed with Canada.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I have the same issue. I lived in the US before, but moved to the UK a couple of months ago. I ordered Stadia in the UK and have a UK bank card. Initially, it didn't let me finish the setup, but I could finish it on my laptop. 

I'm fine with staying in the US store, but if I eventually change country, do you think I will lose access to the games I've purchased? 

I also don't know how this affects the server connection. I guess my client will be connecting to the London servers nevertheless, but are there different instances of the games running in EU and US (as for example in Overwatch)? I'd want to play with people in the same time zone and with friends. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

How can i finish the subscription in pc ? isn't only by phone ?

0 Kudos
Community Member
I just went to https://stadia.google.com/home and I could sign in with my google account. Then it already went through the country screen and asked for payment details.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Yes, that solved my problem, finally!!!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hum... I can't buy games tho, same error about the "item not found".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

I just realized that today too. I was talking with customer support for the last hour to figure out the issue and here's what worked for me:

First, I asked customer support to switch my store to the UK one, but then I still couldn't buy games even though I saw the prices in GBP. 

Then, I went to https://pay.google.com/ and checked which profile I was using. Pressed the down facing caret on the top left and switched to the UK payment profile. Then, went to the Google Play Store Settings -> Account -> Scroll down and selected United Kingdom as country. I was also part of a family library with my wife, which I had to leave first to be able to switch countries. 

After this, purchases started working.  

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the steps. I have exact same issue, my wifi is in my family plan.

HER old address was imported on MY account as the main one! I think all this problem may be related with family plan with addresses in different countries. I removed her from the family plan and checked at Google Play app, but no other options are given to me. Still waiting for this to be resolved since the launch day, they have escalated my issue now, let's see.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hope it gets solved for you fast. You could try exiting from family library and set up your own payment profile + link it to the Google Store. But that's a wild guess. Feel free to get in touch if you want to bounce off ideas. 

0 Kudos