cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cancelled orders

Jump to solution
Hi, I was wondering if we can get a definitive response for folks that pre-ordered the founders edition but had their pre-orders cancelled within hours of a hold being placed. Is Google going to be reinstating our orders? We've been told to contact support, but support tells us they can't help us and has to send it up the chain. I'm not asking to be fixed right this moment, but a response to ensure us that we will still be able to get our Founders Edition, since the system cancelled us through no fault of our own would go a long way.
4 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everybody,  

The GStore team should be following up with you sometime this week, and if you don't receive a follow-up by the end of this week, I kindly suggest contacting the GStore support team again. I know that this situation is less than ideal, so thanks for your patience.

- GraceFromGoogle 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
46 Replies
Community Member

i second this, mine was cancelled for no reason and support said either get a PE or wait till base. nothing we can do

0 Kudos
Community Member

Giving this a bump as this still didn't  get resolved for me 

@GraceFromGoogle @ChrisFromGoogle @

1 Kudo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @linex7 @KevinD @DeBigKai

Thanks for stopping by the Stadia Community Forum.  I understand that this situation is very frustrating, so I really appreciate everybody's patience. Please give us some time to investigate, and I'll be back in touch as soon as possible. 

- Grace

2 Kudos
Community Member
I actually just got off of the phone with support again and I was reassured that they are aware of a number of people having their orders auto cancelled by the system. They told me they are hoping to have it resolved by the end of the week. Unfortunately for us who had the Founders edition ordered with the intent of getting a good user name, we are going to basically miss out on that as we likely won't have anything until a full week after launch. So that sucks. But at least they are aware and seemingly working on the issue for us.
1 Kudo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, Linex7. I'll keep my ears open for additional updates. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Important!  This is just for Grace btw or for any Google support staff. Please I need help temporarily disabling my Founders edition account. All i can find is the option to delete my account but i dont want to have to re-purchase the game when i am finally able to play it. The reason is that in my current location i am unable to access stadia due to lack of internet speed. Im here for school so i wont be able to play for some time. Actually ive never played stadia because of the lack of connection where i am at. Im paying unnecessary charges. Please help!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks Grace! 😁 

Hope to hear back soon as my support cases with you guys have been unanswered for days now,

Despite all the negativity surrounding Stadia right now, hope you have a good day none the less!

0 Kudos
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle Is there any update from your end? It has been 7 days for me now and still didnt get a reply to my ticket with GStore support ...
0 Kudos
Community Member
I was supposed to get an email following my support call I had yesterday but never received anything. Makes me less than hopeful that I'll actually hear from them even if they fix the issue. I've contacted support 3 times now for it and have never once received anything to confirm I have a support ticket open or anything. I've never dealt with support where they didn't at least give you a support ticket number to at least make you feel like you're being worked on.
0 Kudos
Community Member
@linex7 i just recieved 2 emails from different representatives that said they are looking into it. a few hours ago i got off a call with EU order department, they said i cancelled them myself but considering i was away that is incorrect. Support ticket ID is in the email you get when you do the email support thing. also the order department said there is nothing they can do about my founders edition. idk but to me it seems like a lost cause
0 Kudos
Community Member
The actual order support person I managed to speak to on the phone knew there were people with the issue and have every impression it would be fixed. I think they will get our Founders editions eventually at the very least.
1 Kudo
Deleted User
Not applicable

Let's hope this happens before time runs out..

I'm just so frustrated that we get NO response. No email response from support. None here in this forum, nothing on reddit.. nix, nada.. It hurts to know that Google gives no f##k about you. I go back to my corner now.

Btw this is my last post, my username has Stadia in it... That's a bad no-go.. a nono... Pfui! I'm the devil and I will get kick out of that forum shortly..

1 Kudo
Community Member

@linex7 i sure hope so, would love to get the FE i ordered instead of the PE

0 Kudos
Community Member
I have at least received somewhat of an update in regards to mine: "Thank you for contacting Google Support! This is an agreed email update about your Stadia that got cancelled due to a payment issue. I apologize for any inconvenience caused you. Please accept my sincere apologies. I already did some follow up with a similar bug, and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know." Not that this is much, but hopefully things are moving forward to others as well.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@linex7 That's atleast something.  i'm supposed to get called in a few hours, i'll let you know what comes out of it. probably not much seeing as the guy said their system says i cancelled it but who knows

0 Kudos
Community Member
support hasn't called or mailed me(2 hours later almost), at this point i'm just done. i've cancelled the order the support guy made me make yesterday. screw this product/service if support is this terrible
0 Kudos
Community Member

Still no updates. They said they would have a solution by the end of the week.. (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

0 Kudos
Community Member
Still no updates here either. Seems like our Founders orders just aren't as important as all those people that ordered after us. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard of problem to fix really. But yet here we are. Still waiting over a week later.
1 Kudo
Community Member
@linex7 it's almost like they don't care about us.... I've already made up my mind that I won't be spending any money on stadia for the foreseeable future, might aswell get my driver's license instead of a service that doesn't care about their users
0 Kudos
Community Member
@DeBigKai wow. I got off the phone with Google store earlier and the guy said to call him back later because he was too busy with other things..... As this point I think I'm just gonna bail this ship
1 Kudo
Community Member
@KevinD Oh My F'in God. I can't believe they said that, it's like one of the basic rules of support never to say stuff like that. this is indeed a slowly sinking pile of crap.
0 Kudos
Community Member

It's been a week, this is honestly getting a bit ridiculous. The situation itself is otherworldly jarring, and the support thereafter has been nothing short of appalling.

@GraceFromGoogle @ChrisFromGoogle still nothing?

0 Kudos
Community Member
@northead your battling a lost cause, support doesn't answer us and I doubt they will
0 Kudos
Community Member

It may seem like it @DeBigKai, but it still feels like we should absolutely not just let this go by
It's beyond unacceptable

0 Kudos
Community Member
@GraceFromGoogle It's been a week since this was last addressed. Can we get some sort of update? Most of us just want to give Google our money for what we ordered. I get that we are just a drop in a massive bucket of orders but it would be nice to see the customers that had faith enough in the service to actually pre-order get what we ordered.
0 Kudos
Deleted User
Not applicable
Hello from Germany I also just got off the phone. Sadly the german support hotline is still completely clueless about what's happening. To be asked to wait till the end of the week is not a solution. I don't understand why this is not looked into right now. Why are we treated like beggars in a shopping mall? Are Stadia Founders just beta testers? You really can't hype something that much and hit us with the most chaotic lauch ever. Not if you are Google. This is just sad and of course people get angry.. and I have to stop now. Please just throw us a bone here. Anything really, just don't leave us standing in the rain. Have a nice day everyone. Sorry for thr rage, I tried to stay calm, I was so looking forward to this.. 😞
2 Kudos
Community Member
I'm in the same situation here in the US. I received a $130 plastic controller today. COMPLETELY USELESS! Black Friday deals are everywhere. How does Google think they can scam us with useless equipment and take our money. If we as individuals did that to someone I would expect police to be contacted. If I don't get a solution I'm returning this junk and buying something that works.
1 Kudo
Community Member
While I understand your reasoning and feel your anger about this situation , this thread is for those orders who were cancelled by Google themselves
0 Kudos
Community Member

From an email I just received:

Thank you for contacting Google Support!

This is an agreed email update about your Stadia that got cancelled due to a payment issue. I just want to let you know that we are now working out a portal so that you can re-order the Stadia Founder's Edition. You will received an email update soon what to do next.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

0 Kudos