cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can the Google One credit be used for the Stadia subscription?

Jump to solution

Can the credit be used by a Google One subscription for Stadia subscription?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Google store and Google play store are different.  Isn't stadia pro through Google store (not play)?

As a Google one member, Google store purchases get 10% credit towards Google store.  That credit doesn't appear to be available when buying from Google play store.  So stadia hardware and subscription is able to benefit from Google One Store credit, but games are not.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @motschi,

if Google Play Balance is accepted for your country as a payment method, you should be able to pay the Stadia subscription with it. If not you could use it anyway for other Google purchases I believe.

If you are using an iOS-device, I would recommend you to try an Android-device if possible as I read here in the forum that Google Play balance might not work to use with an iOS device.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Google store and Google play store are different.  Isn't stadia pro through Google store (not play)?

As a Google one member, Google store purchases get 10% credit towards Google store.  That credit doesn't appear to be available when buying from Google play store.  So stadia hardware and subscription is able to benefit from Google One Store credit, but games are not.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos