cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Automatically billed by stadia today

Jump to solution

How do I get a refund? I signed up 3 months ago for a free trial but I live in Ecuador and everything was geo-locked so I haven't been able to play a single minute. I don't know why I was allowed to even create an account, perhaps because my Google account was created in the UK.

Anyway, I don't have any option to request a refund in the app itself. How do I do it?

I would like to eventually try stadia when it becomes available in South America but they have really got off on the wrong for by billing me for a service I can't access.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @harrycc

as I already told @olegarzhanukhin.

You can try to ask the Stadia support, maybe they are generous and refund you. 🙂 

https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

I will also provide the Stadia team a tipp that there could be an improved. 

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

22 minutes later I return and my money has been refunded. I chatted with Ian, gave him the order number and explained the situation waited a few minutes and he issued the refund. Short and sweet.

If you really have the same situation as me, 0 hours of play time and living in a country where the service in unavailable then jump on a chat from the link given above and you should also receive your refund.

I am very happy with how it was handled and I'm looking forward to trying Stadia when it becomes available in South America!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

I have exactly the same situation please help me return the money

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@olegarzhanukhin 

as I mentioned ask the Stadia support. But as other have experienced, your request maybe declined by the support team. But it's worth a try. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @harrycc

as I already told @olegarzhanukhin.

You can try to ask the Stadia support, maybe they are generous and refund you. 🙂 

https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

I will also provide the Stadia team a tipp that there could be an improved. 

---

1 Kudo
Community Member

And I responded saying that they refused me,  saying the information on refunds is clear.   Which I dont really agree with. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I am going to talk to support today and see about that refund. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

From a business perspective it makes no sense to not issue a refund as I am a potentially customer who could easily their service when it becomes available in my region but not issuing a refund will ensure I never use their service.

From a legal perspective, obviously I am not going to take them to court over £8.99, but they need to make sure they can legally bill people for services that they are unable to offer in their country.

0 Kudos
Community Member

22 minutes later I return and my money has been refunded. I chatted with Ian, gave him the order number and explained the situation waited a few minutes and he issued the refund. Short and sweet.

If you really have the same situation as me, 0 hours of play time and living in a country where the service in unavailable then jump on a chat from the link given above and you should also receive your refund.

I am very happy with how it was handled and I'm looking forward to trying Stadia when it becomes available in South America!

0 Kudos